posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 10:14 PM
Originally posted by loam
U.S. Is Intensifying a Secret Campaign of Yemen Airstrikes
I guess this article makes my point.
Found a list of strikes. Guess they aren't so secret.
The "Intensification" consists of 2 strikes in a year.
• June 3, 2011: US kills 'mid-level' AQAP operative in airstrike in southern Yemen
• May 5, 2011: Predator strike in Yemen targeted Anwar al Awlaki
• May 25, 2010: Yemeni airstrike kills deputy governor, al Qaeda operatives
• Mar. 14, 2010: Yemeni airstrike hits al Qaeda camp
• Jan. 20, 2010: Airstrikes target home of Yemeni al Qaeda leader
• Jan. 15, 2010: Al Qaeda's military commander in Yemen reported killed
• Dec. 24, 2009: Yemeni airstrike targets top al Qaeda leaders
• Dec. 17, 2009: US launches cruise missile strikes against al Qaeda in Yemen
edit on 6/9/11 by makeitso because: (no reason given)