It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New York Congress Critters, Attorney General Holder Move Against Second Amendment

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 24 2009 @ 08:34 PM
link   

Infowars
November 24, 2009

Senator Gillibrand and Representative McCarthy have introduced the Gun Trafficking Prevention Act of 2009. Ostensibly designed to prosecute gun traffickers, the bill would also deny the Second Amendment to anybody on the so-called terror watch list. The legislation is supported by New York City Mayor Michael Bloomberg, New Yorkers Against Gun Violence, and the Brady Campaign.

The number of unique names on the U.S. terror watch list totals 400,000, newly released FBI data reveals. The Washington Post reported that during a 12-month period ending in March of this year, 1,600 people were nominated daily by the U.S. intelligence community to be put on the list due to ‘reasonable suspicion.’

In July, 2008, the terror watch list contained well over a million names, according to the American Civil Liberties Union.

www.infowars.com...

[edit on 24-11-2009 by WWJFKD]

MOD NOTE: Posting work written by others

[edit on Tue Nov 24 2009 by DontTreadOnMe]

posted on Nov, 24 2009 @ 08:35 PM
link   
reply to post by WWJFKD

So the straw is to be released on the camels back. So be it. There can be no misunderstanding anymore. It is to be tyranny

posted on Nov, 24 2009 @ 09:43 PM
link   
Terrible news for New York...im sure in 15 years there will be 100 million names on that thing... truly a travesty

posted on Nov, 24 2009 @ 10:02 PM
link   
Sometimes I wish that i didnt have to write two lines to get across what i really need to say in just a few words.

Come and get em.........

posted on Nov, 24 2009 @ 10:28 PM
link   
I'm waiting to hear that any one who owns a gun for reasons beyond law enforcement will be considered a terrorist threat.

Of course, that would immediately negate the legality of gun ownership for any legal gun owner.

Joseph Heller couldn't have written it any better.

posted on Nov, 25 2009 @ 09:08 AM
link   
I'm a bit unsure as to how the "terror watch list" has gone from over a million names down to 400,000. Small discrepancy there as I see it. Or perhaps each government agency has it's own list, add them all together and you have millions of names. Is this possible?
Not only are they talking about denying sales of firearms to those on the list, they also want to CONFISCATE them from anyone on the list.
I read the comment "straw on the camel's back", you are EXACTLY right.
There are many who would not tolerate this legislation and would consider it a direct attack upon the people of the U.S. If they wanted to fire up a revolution this might be a good way to make it happen. Confiscation of firearms is the final step in a totalitarian regime.

posted on Nov, 25 2009 @ 01:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Asktheanimals

I think that number may be in NY state only. I could be wrong. But that does make a little more sense than nationally.

top topics

join