It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Child Apparition?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 24 2009 @ 08:32 PM
link   
My brother emailed me with a picture taken with a Blackberry phone camera. The location was in Hannibal Missouri, Huck Finn shopping center. He was waiting for his girlfriend to finish her shopping and he snapped this pic.

If this is a reflection of a doll, wouldn't his reflection also be seen? He insists that its not a reflection and that he did not see any small children at the time.

I have to agree that the clothes and the hair style look very old fashioned but I'm still leaning toward it being a reflection of a doll.

any other ideas

posted on Nov, 24 2009 @ 08:38 PM
link   
This one bears some analysis by someone.. Does not look like a reflection to me.

posted on Nov, 24 2009 @ 08:41 PM
link   
Apologies, but to me that seems very doll-like. But in a more Jungian scheme that has meaning, and even a fake or an error has meaning.

[edit on 24-11-2009 by halfoldman]

posted on Nov, 24 2009 @ 08:47 PM
link   
She's quite popular.
collectdolls.about.com...
You may need to have a talk with your brother.

posted on Nov, 24 2009 @ 08:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Pauligirl

thank you! I'm calling him now

posted on Nov, 24 2009 @ 08:53 PM
link   
Has your brother ever done anything like that before?

I know I've said this before but a long, long time ago my wife and I saw a show by the Warrens - a husband and wife team - she was a medium and he was a ghost hunter. One of the things they displayed were photos that had images of people in them - but the people weren't really in the picture - they were very much like what you see in this photo - ghost images.

Their theory was that some people apparently have this ability and others don't. They talked about working with someone who could pretty much point a camera, take a photo, and they would find a ghost image in the photo (not every time but most of the time). The person got frightened and stopped working with them.

So I'd have your brother look at some of his other photos to see if there's anything similar...he may have to look hard because until the images were pointed out, it was difficult to see them...they weren't as blatent as your brother's photo.

Good luck.

posted on Nov, 24 2009 @ 08:57 PM
link   
No, He doesn't care much for anything paranormal. I'm talking with him now and will get back to you on why he sent this to me

Sorry everyone for posting this fake. He now says one of his friends sent it to him and he fed me this bull.

Again sorry folks.....

[edit on 24-11-2009 by Tartarspoon]

posted on Nov, 24 2009 @ 09:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Pauligirl
She's quite popular.
collectdolls.about.com...
You may need to have a talk with your brother.

Excellent job of debunking! Thats what i love about this site...the people police themselves and call out the BS!

How did you ever find that advertisement? Some sort of image "google"?

posted on Nov, 24 2009 @ 09:51 PM
link   
Ah well, that's what brothers are like...they like to get a rise out of their siblings.

posted on Nov, 24 2009 @ 10:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by felonius

How did you ever find that advertisement? Some sort of image "google"?

Thanks!
Didn't even have to go to the images for this one. If you google "Victorian girl plaid dress" that ad is the first one to pop up.
Not the first time it's been used for a fake ghost picture:
farshores.org...

posted on Nov, 25 2009 @ 01:47 AM
link   
That's awesome that you found the truth behind the fake so quickly. I was pretty sure it was fake to begin with - I mean, who takes a crappy out of focus picture of the back of a car and a parking lot and happens to catch a ghost image dead square in the center of the shot.

It's a shame that people like this ruin the credibility of the entire subject. It's no wonder that mainstream scientists shun topics of the paranormal.

top topics

join