It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Best Buy New "Muslim" Black Friday Ad

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 25 2009 @ 01:05 AM
link   
Wont be shopping at Best Buy anymore.

Dont worry folks, its just getting started - enjoy the next 25-50 years.

MERRY CHRISTMAS EVERYONE!

posted on Nov, 25 2009 @ 01:23 AM
link   
I have nothing against the ad, except that if they are going to do a muslim specific ad, they should also do Christian specific ads.. after all Christmas is more popular in America.

It's the same with American Christian companies too. They should say Merry Christmas but at the same time they should wish people tidings in their religious festivals. It should be the Law that this fairness is in advertising as to not offend another group's beliefs. This because America was based in part on religious freedom, not Christian Freedom. Fair is Fair.

Now as a Christian, I can only hope that Christians live such a good Christian life that it appeals to the other religions to convert them. To show there is really something to Christianity.

I sometimes want to take a baseball bat to a racist's head who would only advertise one religious view over the other.. like Best Buy.. But the Christian in me prevents that. For a church, Yes, they can do it.. but a public company that is unacceptable.

[edit on 25-11-2009 by JohnPhoenix]

posted on Nov, 25 2009 @ 11:19 AM
link   
Maybe you're all jumping the gun a bit? Perhaps this ad is in response to all the flack BB took for going the PC route in previous years? Maybe by having a (series of?) commercial(s) that celebrate specific NON-christian observances they will be able to scream MERRY CHRISTMAS from the roof tops of their stores without having to worry about the backlash from non-christian groups or PC warriors?

posted on Nov, 25 2009 @ 01:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by R3KR
Wont be shopping at Best Buy anymore.

Dont worry folks, its just getting started - enjoy the next 25-50 years.

MERRY CHRISTMAS EVERYONE!

Same here.

Just went to the "contact us" page and told them so.

And MERRY CHRISTMAS EVERYONE! to you and yours as well.

posted on Nov, 25 2009 @ 01:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Kaploink

Are you kidding? The very existence of Baby Jesus is at stake! Everything in the Christian faith rides on bed Buy advertising campaigns! Didn't you know?!?!

BOW BEFORE BABYLIGHTBULBHEAD, The holy spirit of christian consumerist religion! Buy one, get one free!

posted on Nov, 25 2009 @ 03:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheWalkingFox
reply to post by Kaploink

Are you kidding? The very existence of Baby Jesus is at stake! Everything in the Christian faith rides on bed Buy advertising campaigns! Didn't you know?!?!

BOW BEFORE BABYLIGHTBULBHEAD, The holy spirit of christian consumerist religion! Buy one, get one free!

As they say about kicking field goals in the NFL - it's OK to miss the field goal, but not OK to miss the net.

Well, you missed the net with your response.

We're talking about a level playing field here. About banning even the mention of a traditional American holiday while promoting a foreign holiday in commercials.

Allow both, or ban both.

Oh, and better hurry, the hajj is leaving without you ...

posted on Dec, 3 2009 @ 11:20 AM
link   
Post removed by member.

[edit on 12/3/2009 by centurion1211]

posted on Dec, 4 2009 @ 12:15 AM
link   
I'd like to direct everyone's attention to the OP. It says that the Muslim greeting was used during the THANKSGIVING weekend. It does NOT say that employees couldn't or didn't say "Happy Thanksgiving" to customers also.

IMO everybody is reducing this to an "either-or" matter. It seems to me that Best Buy was reaching out to include Muslims, not to exclude anybody else. And of course, they want to appeal to as many potential customers as possible.

Some people on here seem touchy about any outreach at all to the Muslim community.

Every Christmas there are threads on ATS about the assault on Christmas.

I personally celebrate Christmas as a religious holiday but just don't feel a need to defend it against the pagan hordes. Christianity is, after all, the majority religion in this country and no amount of wishing others a happy holiday or a merry X-mas is going to destroy that.

Only we Christians can do that and we're doing a pretty good job of alienating everyone else.

posted on Dec, 4 2009 @ 12:20 AM
link   
What is Best Buy? It's a business correct? This business has share holders and people who profit from business being profitable correct? Muslims are potential customers correct? We're not doing good financially correct? Knowing "yes" is the only truthful answer to the closed ended questions, does it make good business sense to not make an ad geared towards muslims?

posted on Dec, 7 2009 @ 05:52 AM
link   
Big business is as bad as govts in encouraging large scale immigration and pandering to foreign cultures such as Islam

posted on Dec, 7 2009 @ 07:16 AM
link   
There is no passion left because of political correctness. When I was a boy in school we said the pledge of Allegiance to the flag every morning and we sang a morning song (God bless America) all these practices have been removed, or changed. I have served in the Army and I still tear up as it were when ever I see a parade of our military or hear our National Anthem, and stand to salute the flag we all so once loved.

Now I see even with my own kids, no expression of pride, no emotion behind the words, and most kids cant or I should say chose not to even stand still without talking through the National Anthem, I don’t know how we got to this point but I surly don’t like it, and I don’t like where we are heading in
America. Even as I write this my heart is saddened. I will till my last day pay my respect to our flag, and even if say Merry Christmas to all, until they cut my tongue out.

I love my country, our young soldiers are still fighting for this county and dieing for this country. The least we could do is show our respect for the flag that they as well as those in the past have shed there life’s blood for. May your God of choosing bless you and keep you from harm. And as always God bless our troops, where ever they may lay there head down.

posted on Dec, 7 2009 @ 11:54 AM
link   
Wait until the July 4th ads - they'll have something to do with Hamas rocket deals or Iran nuke blowouts.

As always, not a one-liner.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join