It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are we being warned through the show V?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 24 2009 @ 07:43 PM
link   
I just watched an episode of the show "V" about aliens coming to Earth, supposedly as our "friends". I just saw a part where they mixed some chemical they are trying to give humans a drug by mixing it into the flu vaccine. Sounds like an allusion to something.....

posted on Nov, 24 2009 @ 07:47 PM
link   
reply to post by nicnic100

Shows have always mixed current events into things: look at Battlestar Galactica (new) constantly adding modern dilemmas such as torture etc..

A show capitalizing on paranoia regarding vaccinations is nothing new, it is simply opportunistic. Given H1N1 is relatively harmless I don't see the point of getting the vaccine.

So, the real question is: Which seems more plausible? A TV writer has the inside knowledge on chemical weapon efforts to kill millions and is trying to warn people by shoehorning it into a poor remake of a cult classic? or... The writers are trying to be relevant to current events and public fears?

posted on Nov, 24 2009 @ 07:56 PM
link   
Many movies have shown messages about the new world order only people are too blind to look

posted on Nov, 24 2009 @ 08:01 PM
link   
I agree with lordtyp0. they are just using things that are "ripped from the headlines". Law & Order does it all the time. You think the NWO/Illuminati would really be so incompatent as to allow people to throw out hidden messages to joe public? that not giving them enough credit. seems like an all powerful org. like that could silence these writers.....

posted on Nov, 24 2009 @ 08:09 PM
link   
Are we talking the original V that was on tv 20 years ago?

posted on Nov, 24 2009 @ 08:12 PM
link   
These type of shows and movies could be a gradual effort to condition society not to be in total shock of an E.T. related disclosure of information, public contact, or invasion threat, be it real or fabricated.
I'm curious what kind of angle David Icke and other Reptilian theorists see in "V".

posted on Nov, 24 2009 @ 08:14 PM
link   
The short answer is "No".

The long answer is "Nope".

posted on Nov, 24 2009 @ 08:16 PM
link   

Nope....... it's just a TV show, the Government didn't make it, "any resemblance to actual events, or people, is purely coincidental"..........as they say in the movies

posted on Nov, 24 2009 @ 08:19 PM
link   
I thought the same thing. I wondered how long it would take before someone posted it.

Also, did you hear about the bad batch of H1N1 in Canada. Bunch of people have had some bad reactions to the vaccines.

posted on Nov, 24 2009 @ 08:30 PM
link   
Not so much warned as being lead. Be surprised how much junk they can pipe into your subconscious.

I always forget to specify who "they" are..people tend to ask that question alluding to some possible mental disorder when you say "they".

still havent figured out who "they" are but yeah..

I do have a mental disorder of course. I mean who wouldnt in this day and age?

[edit on 24-11-2009 by superluminal11]

posted on Nov, 24 2009 @ 08:37 PM
link   

You know, I am wondering about that very question myself, nicnic100. Seems like the show is warning us all, doesn't it? Also, I am left to think, here is TPTB, they want to tell us, they know that eventually they have to tell us, so what is the best medium to do this with today? Television. We both may be all wet on this, but in theory is works, doesn't it?

posted on Nov, 24 2009 @ 08:42 PM
link   
It is another sleight-of-hand trick. This "fear" is what they are presenting.
They "present" (divert) with the right hand while the left hand is really up to something that you are not seeing.

I think we need to focus in another direction. This pandemic-contamination thing is to throw you off the scent of what they are really up to.

posted on Nov, 24 2009 @ 08:42 PM
link   
So, the real question is: Which seems more plausible? A TV writer has the inside knowledge on chemical weapon efforts to kill millions and is trying to warn people by shoehorning it into a poor remake of a cult classic? or... The writers are trying to be relevant to current events and public fears?

posted on Nov, 24 2009 @ 08:48 PM
link   
I couldn't help thiking about what Rev. Lindsay Williams said regarding how "they" would show us what they were going to do to us. I mean for crying out loud there is currently on the Sundance channel a show about Monsanto and its just letting it all hang out. I'm not saying I buy that theyre showing us what they are doing or are going to do, but it does make one wonder.

It's curious to say the least.

posted on Nov, 24 2009 @ 08:59 PM
link   
The original V, if you had to come up with a description for it, would be far from cult classic.....more like a B movie that became a B series and that's being nice. The remake BLOWS the original AWAY, IMHO.
Television has been for decades putting out shows and movies that either reflect the current news or has even been a bit ahead of the times. But, I echo your feeling that we may, in some way, are being desensitized. Only time will tell.......

Peace

posted on Nov, 24 2009 @ 09:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by yvangkwheng

Better yet, A tv writer is doing both. Its a spiritual formula many scientists, religious folks, occultists, and new agers cant seem to put their finger on.

Simplified:
A mind control inside a mind control inside a mind control inside a mind control a Pi 3.14 or what we use to call an 8 way back in the 70s.

posted on Nov, 24 2009 @ 10:13 PM
link   
hhmmmm sounds more like an exact copy of an episode that was aired in the early 80's when the show was first written.

posted on Nov, 24 2009 @ 10:20 PM
link   
yes ... we are beeing warned to research, to use our brain, to not believe in everything that we see, read and listen

posted on Nov, 24 2009 @ 10:24 PM
link   

It's a remake of a miniseries that aired back in the eighties. Which was inspired by a comic book. Which I used to own the entire series.

posted on Nov, 24 2009 @ 10:25 PM
link   
(as long as we're making references to the original mini series and TV episodes)

Don't worry... you'll see that the humans make a red powder that is an allergen to the aliens, that we'll disperse from hot air balloons. Humanity is safe.

Let's also not forget that we broadcast an SOS into space, hoping to draw attention to the Visitor's enemies. That never bore out in the show... perhaps it'll come about in this updated version?

As far as aliens coming to Earth to help us, this plot has been redone so many times on so many shows. Who can forget the Twilight Zone episode "To Serve Man"?

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join