It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If children tease you about being bald, You can kill them.

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 24 2009 @ 07:23 PM
link   
Ever notice how many people die either directly by God or indirectly(God specifically having someone killed by someone else)? Or how God's prophets are able to simply kill anyone in the name of God? I have.

I'm sure I dont have to remind fellow ATSers about when God flooded the world and killed everything on it except a Boat, or Sodom and Gomorra. What about all the stories that have no moral to them at all, just some senseless killing by either God or by his prophets in his name.

Reference to title in story below
In 2 Kings 2:23-24 there is a story about the Prophet Elijah. While on his way to Bethel a group of children tease him about his bald head. What does Elijah decide to do? He decides to summon two female bears in the name of God to kill all the 42 children who made fun of him. This is also one of my favourite parts of the bible, solely becuase of the use of "Go up, Thou bald head; go up, Thou bald head".

Also, In Genesis 38:8-10 Juda tells his son, Onan to go and marry his dead brothers wife and have kids. Except before the "deed" was done Onan pulls out and spills his seed on the ground. God then sees fit to kill him because of this.

Although this story is more to do with Christ, I think it still fits with the pointless killing of people in the name of God, Or in this case the pointless killing of a tree. In Matthew 21:18-20 and Mark 11:13-14 Christ is on his way to Bethany and is feeling abit peckish. He encounters a fig tree, Unfortunately it is barren and its the off season for figs. Christ then curses the tree to bear no fruits. The poor fig tree then withers and dies.

The Next story is highly disturbing. In Judges 19:22-29 A man and his concubine are wandering the streets when they decide to seek shelter for the night, and find a man kind enough to let them stay. That night however, a group of men turn up at the door and demand to see the guest so that they may have sex with him. The owner is unwilling to let his male lodger be raped and so offers up his virgin daughter instead. However, this is still not good enough for the men, so the owner offers them his guest’s concubine and the men accept. The men brutally rape the woman and leave her on the doorstep where she bleeds to death. If that is not enough, when she is found by her husband, he chops her up into twelve pieces which he sends to each of the twelve tribes of Israel.

Its not for me to judge but I believe these killings are pointless, cruel, and should have never happened in the first place. I am not implying anything about christianity, I'll leave that up to you to decide.

There are others story which I was going to bring to light, But with the time I had to make this thread, I think i'll save them for next time.

Happy Posting.

[edit on 24-11-2009 by Ghost in the Machine]

posted on Nov, 24 2009 @ 07:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Ghost in the Machine

nice post, some of the more exciting bits of the bible are covered really well in lego on a website called the brick testament

www.thebricktestament.com...

are some of my favourites but there are so many, such a great sight - really helpful when trying to understand the bible

posted on Nov, 24 2009 @ 07:36 PM
link   
Man the born agains will sure be p****. Just run for your life when they come knockin'

posted on Nov, 24 2009 @ 07:37 PM
link   
reply to post by starwarsisreal

Can i hide in your basement?

Turtles are cool.

posted on Nov, 24 2009 @ 07:37 PM
link   
I forgot who coined the phrase but it seems rather poignant and true:
"The fastest way to becoming an atheist is to read the religious books in full instead of in snippets."

Kind of also points out why sermons focus on one or two chapters at a time.

posted on Nov, 24 2009 @ 07:38 PM
link   
reply to post by NatureBoy

Gotta love these sites. I would have added more stories but I really didnt want to go overboard on it aye.

posted on Nov, 24 2009 @ 07:45 PM
link   
By the way I gave you star for this. And I suggest you hide in Venezuela

posted on Nov, 24 2009 @ 07:47 PM
link   
It's just been translated incorrectly. Even if it hasn't they would have been strategically placed into the bible to test your faith.

posted on Nov, 24 2009 @ 07:49 PM
link   

These valid concerns are rarely considered in Christianity, so they are really the concerns of all Abrahamic faiths.
Christians have always had an ambivalent relationship to the OT, where they use what they like and distance what they do not.

posted on Nov, 24 2009 @ 07:49 PM
link   
makes just as much sense as these killings.

Joseph Stalin, Atheist: 20 million plus dead
Mao-Tse-Tung, Atheist: 40 million plus dead
Pol Pot, Atheist: 2 million dead
Kim-Il-Sung, Atheist: 5 million dead

Source

LOL, happy posting

posted on Nov, 24 2009 @ 07:52 PM
link   
reply to post by reasonable

Are you sure about this, how do explain the Israeli's killing Palestinians in the name of God. Believe me they used the old testament to back up their claims that Palestine is their rightful country.

posted on Nov, 24 2009 @ 07:53 PM
link   
reply to post by dthwraith

Dude in all levels of society killings are rampant everywhere. It's been there since the dawn of man

posted on Nov, 24 2009 @ 07:53 PM
link   

Dude in all levels of society killings are rampant everywhere. It's been there since the dawn of man

posted on Nov, 24 2009 @ 07:56 PM
link   

True, But how many people have died cause of religion? More than any other cause of death in the world. Oh, and for the record im not athiest, Im a christian but Im more than happy to question any religion, Including my own.

posted on Nov, 24 2009 @ 08:00 PM
link   
reply to post by NatureBoy

Damn, those "laws" are downright comical

But we have to remember that the Bible has been altered. Hidden_Hand said that only pre-King James versions are not altered. Does anyone have them?

posted on Nov, 24 2009 @ 08:02 PM
link   
reply to post by np6888

I actually have a friend who "claimed" he had a manuscript of a pre-KJV of the bible. Although I have yet to see it, But now that you have reminded me, I'll be sure to get around to it.

posted on Nov, 24 2009 @ 08:04 PM
link   
But wow, let's say that all of that is true, then I can't wait till the aliens reveal themselves. It would make for a most interesting world for sure.

posted on Nov, 24 2009 @ 08:06 PM
link   
I particularly like the 'parable' placed (in Greek !!) into the mouth of R. Yehoshua bar Yosef the Galilean Nazir (aka 'Jeezuzzz') which is nicknamed 'The Parable of the Talents...' Matthew 25:14-30 (=Luke 19:12-28) - sounds soooo sweet !!

Where at the very end of this cute litte banking story (whoever said the Jews never lent at interest to each other ? must have been lending to the Goyim Dogs (see Mat Chpater 15:22-29) then !) the 'good' (!!!) Rabbi says,

Now, to all those who WOULD NOT HAVE THE SON OF MAN RULE OVER THEM, bring them here before my face(s) SO THAT I MAY EXTERMINATE THEM ALL !'

Sweet talk, even if it WASN'T exactly expressed in northern Galilean Aramaic...!!!!!!!

Of course, just to fool the faithful, most 'English' translations of this vomit water this down to 'bring them here so I may slay them' so as not to make the 'good' Rabbi toooooo blood thirsty--but nice rebbes telling nice harmless little stories don't exactly get themselves executed for armed sedition naked swinging from a post, but I digress..

But then again, come to think of it, he DID worship the SAME brutal vicious xenophobic sexist racist clan god of post-Exilic Yisro'el in the 'filthy' 'Old Testament', after all..so what do you expect ?!!!!!

posted on Nov, 24 2009 @ 08:12 PM
link   

I am facsinated by the desire to prove another wrong with such vigor.

Bravo, you found statements that make Christianity look bad. When you look at the fact that the old testemant quotes are Jewish you even show the evil of two religions. Even better.

But in the end...what have you contributed to the world? Other then nasty, mean spirited conversation?

posted on Nov, 24 2009 @ 08:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by crmanager

I am facsinated by the desire to prove another wrong with such vigor.

Bravo, you found statements that make Christianity look bad. When you look at the fact that the old testemant quotes are Jewish you even show the evil of two religions. Even better.

But in the end...what have you contributed to the world? Other then nasty, mean spirited conversation?

This forum is about denying ignorance, how more valid of a post can the OP make? A direct challenge to highlight the brutality of God, in one breath god is bludgeoning 42 innocent children with a bear and the next his followers claim he is of pure love. LOL can you not see the irony? S&F to the OP for denying ignorance, a shame you want to censor it.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join