It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Metallic saucer filmed on my mobile phone {{Identified}}

page: 25
<< 22  23  24   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 30 2009 @ 12:35 PM
link   
reply to post by zaiger

Zaiger,
The video posted in ALLisOne's post just prior to my two posts clearly shows it to be a CG hoax. As I said, I wish I saw that video FIRST. I saw two other zoomed videos and couldnt make a determination.
Marc

posted on Nov, 30 2009 @ 12:43 PM
link   
reply to post by fxmodels

Yeah i see what you are saying but what i was asking is why is this not in the hoax board? CGI or not but this has NOT been a UFO for a few days now.

posted on Nov, 30 2009 @ 12:54 PM
link   
reply to post by jjbreen

Hi Jerry,

One of the things I get often criticized for is that I am HIGHLY SKEPTICAL of the DATA provided with UFO sightings. This is how it has to be. As a former professional Astronomer, and someone who does CG for a living, I have to say that my science takes precedence over opinion. I have seen tons of very good looking videos but the science and knowledge of 'flying things' usually teases the truth from the imagery/video.
When it comes to CG, I have yet to see a CG ship that looks so real that I had doubts about it being faked. But make no mistake, those days are coming. 3D tools as I said in my San Jose talk way back when are coming that will allow the person on the street to produce very very nice results that are quite convincing. Luckily though, we can turn to other data within the video stream to identify veracity of a sequence. Things that people CANNOT affect in a video stream are things that we can actually use to our advantage.

Good Post Jerry...
Marc

posted on Nov, 30 2009 @ 12:57 PM
link   
reply to post by zaiger

I am sure it will make it there soon enough...

posted on Nov, 30 2009 @ 01:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by fxmodels
I concur, it is a blatant, obvious CG hoax and a very poor one at that... Wish I saw that video FIRST before spending the time I did on this case...

Marc

Hey Marc, good to hear from you too...

Yes, I made the video I posted from a low quality screen grab of the first 3 to 4 seconds of one of the original videos, and looped it. I stabilized it to take some of the shake out, and to hold the house in place so you can use the house to measure the movement of the object.

To me, seeing that the movement of the object is subject to camera shake and movement is absolute proof of it being CG. Most likely a very bad attempt at using motion tracking with a not-so-good tracking point choice.

I'm glad we both agree that it is CG.

After making that stabilized video loop, I was able to get a hold of what I think is the source videos. I compressed it into a ZIP and put it on a server for download, if you still want to look closer.

UFOHoax.zip

The video I stabilized is the first few seconds of the video named "Saucer1.3gp".

I was going to stabilize the "Multiple_Objects.3gp" video to show the erratic movement of the other objects, but haven't got the time to do it yet. I don't think there is a point any more since I know it is CG from the other video.

Anyway, take care.

-edit to add-

I got the "original" videos from this post:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

The download links suck and take time to complete, that is why I uploaded to another server in one ZIP, as one download. I will only host that ZIP for a week before I remove it.

[edit on 30-11-2009 by ALLis0NE]

[edit on 30-11-2009 by ALLis0NE]

posted on Nov, 30 2009 @ 01:36 PM
link   

Science - Critical Thinking - Analytical Thinking - Common Sense should always rule the day in this field!

That is the problem and why this field has become so bogged down in mud. We lost that this is an investigative SCIENCE.

I honestly think that is why it has become a 'religion' for some - Faith Based requires no facts, no proof, no evidence and one can even 'fudge' the story a little. Because one has come to expect that they will just be believed!

posted on Nov, 30 2009 @ 01:43 PM
link   
This thread is closed - for now - pending staff review.
Thank you.

new topics

top topics

<< 22  23  24   >>

join