It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Metallic saucer filmed on my mobile phone {{Identified}}

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 24 2009 @ 10:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by fleabit
reply to post by ZombieOctopus

Ok.. what is the point of a 2x zoom if it does not double the size of something?

If I took a picture of a skyscraper from 25 miles away, and zoomed in 2x, would you agree it would be exactly 2 times taller? It would still be tiny, sure.. but would it be twice as tall with a 2x zoom?

We're not just looking at the object, that's what you're missing here.

OK, you have an unknown object in frame, right? You don't know how far away that object is but you do have other object in frame that you can reference.

If you know that there's a fence, lets say 8 meters away, a random point in the middle of the yard is 4 meters away and the roof above you is half a meter away.

When you zoom 2x, everything grows proportionally depending on the distance. If the fence is 8m away and grows in size just as much as the object, the object is no more than 8m away.

Another example would be if you took a pair of 50x binoculars and looked at Jupiter with something much closer on the ground, they grow proportional to distance. If they both grew at the same rate, there'd be problems.

[edit on 11/24/2009 by ZombieOctopus]

posted on Nov, 24 2009 @ 10:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by william.gauncents
I take it you are on your computer at the home you live with your parents, right?

If you read the thread you would realise that Echelon is home in Melbourne now.

The video was taken in Mildura at his parent's house.

posted on Nov, 24 2009 @ 10:06 PM
link   
reply to post by william.gauncents

No, I'm at my computer in my place. 550 kilometers from where it was filmed... Too bad

posted on Nov, 24 2009 @ 10:10 PM
link   

Let's all make empty threats. That'll get him to cooperate and want to share his experience!

posted on Nov, 24 2009 @ 10:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Echelon117
Ok, how can I get the original footage onto ATS?

Would someone please answer his question?? (cuz I don't know) And I think he is proving his credibility here since usually to get this out of most hoaxers is like *pulling teeth*.

[edit on 24-11-2009 by Wookiep]

posted on Nov, 24 2009 @ 10:19 PM
link   

No, I'm at my computer in my place. 550 kilometers from where it was filmed... Too bad

My bad, didn't catch that.

posted on Nov, 24 2009 @ 10:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Wookiep

I think that this is a good place to start

www.filefactory.com...

Edit - Echalon - Upload the footage using this site and then post the link in this thread.

[edit on 24/11/09 by Horza]

posted on Nov, 24 2009 @ 10:26 PM
link   

I walked outside to see if my dog was barking at a brown snake (deadly snake here in Australia) as it was about 40 degrees Celsius that day and it really brings the snakes out in the open.

As soon as I stepped outside my dog became totally quiet and huddled up in the corner of his couch on the veranda. I immediately noticed the shiny metallic saucer in the sky, hovering above the grape vines, which expand beyond the green fence seen in the videos...

I honestly at first thought it was some kind of balloon, much like the balloon in the "Balloon hoax" that happened in America lately with the boy. I just stood there transfixed on this thing hovering, the sight of it had completely shocked my mind and my heart was beating a million miles an hour once I had realized it wasn't acting at all like a balloon.

It had a slight waver to it, so it wasn't totally still while hovering, ever so slightly wobbling but you can't really see this in the video's due to the typical quality of a mobile phone. (The craft was also a lot shinier in real life, the hot sun was really beating off the top of the craft while the underbelly was in shadow, also wasn't really picked up by the camera quality)

It started to move off to the left as I was filming, and it's strange for me to think back it all seems like such a blur now... I could have sworn I was breathing heavy and swearing out loud at the excitement and total SHOCK at what I was seeing and filming. But when I look back at the video strangely enough I wasn't making any sound whatsoever.

I was home alone that day, except for my dog. I do remember the whole time my mind was screaming at me to race inside and look for my dad's video camera to get some better footage, but just did not have the courage to leave in case I got back outside and it was gone. (This is precisely what happened when I DID make myself move to get the camera, which I never did find because my dad had it in his ute after a trip up north of Australia)

In the video "Multiple Objects" you will see the saucer move to the left, a small object was rising up from the grape vines below and heading up towards the saucer.
It was at this point I raced inside to find dad's camera).... Came back outside and there was absolutely no trace of anything. Just gone.

It is my theory that whoever was inside this thing was paying a general interest in the watering of the grape vines below, and had sent out it's smaller orb or whatever the heck it was to check it out, collect water, study the grapes, I don't really know..

Looking back I really wish I had stepped out off the veranda and shown some reference points as to where I was and where the craft was in the sky, I can see now why in so many UFO videos the camera operator is just glued to where they are, almost in an altered state from what is before them in the sky.

Anyway, here are the videos!!

www.youtube.com...
www.youtube.com...
www.youtube.com...

Hey bro,

I don;t want you to conclude that I'm discounting your video or what you say. You know what you saw and thats good for me. I tend to be skeptical from past experience NOT from your experiences. Thank you for sharing the video !!!

posted on Nov, 24 2009 @ 10:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Horza

Thanks Horza i'll check it out. I hope someone with the knowledge can have a good close look at this

posted on Nov, 24 2009 @ 10:30 PM
link   

Being rude proves nothing, except you are rude.

(cough) Classy.

posted on Nov, 24 2009 @ 10:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Echelon117

Pleasure mate.

I hope so too ... I am intrigued now!

There is always one or two of our resident Subject Matter Expert members browsing around ... they should say hi soon

posted on Nov, 24 2009 @ 10:36 PM
link   
Good video OP... As far as I can tell from your postings you seem genuine as does the video (upon watching a few times).

I'll admit at first I thought it was dangling from a string, but I'm willing to forgo my initial gut instinct on this one and will keep an open mind until further analysis can be done.

If you did film this like you say you did ( and at this point I do believe you ) then you may have one of the more intriguing videos to come across this forum in quite some time.

Get the raw footage in the experts hands..

Just as a side not: your footage did remind me of one from France- can't remember if the French vid was determined to be fake or not but the similarities are there (also in no way is this to insinuate that yours is fake.)

Thanks for posting.

posted on Nov, 24 2009 @ 10:43 PM
link   
I really wish this could have been done with a higher quality camera, but it is what it is. If it's not a hoax then I'm very impressed.

As has already been asked twice now, why did you wait until November 24th to post the video when the actual footage was taken on November 5th? I'm not trying to debunk you, just genuinely curious why there was a 19 day gap between footage taken and footage posted here. Thanks in advance.

posted on Nov, 24 2009 @ 10:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by PhotonEffect

Just as a side not: your footage did remind me of one from France- can't remember if the French vid was determined to be fake or not but the similarities are there (also in no way is this to insinuate that yours is fake.)

you might want to watch this video...

www.disclose.tv...

posted on Nov, 24 2009 @ 10:49 PM
link   
Very nice vid Echelon
Probably one of the most legit ones I've seen in a while.

I can definetly bouch for your feelings of adrenaline and excitement that kept you from moving man. I've been through a similiar experience. I was at a gas station once in my home town, it was night time and relatively quiet. I randomly look up and see a pattern of lights which formed a sort of saucer shape in the clouds above me. Upon seeing it my heart began to race furiously, I wanted to run and tell my dad what I was seeing but I couldn't move at all, led alone talk. In the end it turned about to be one of those flood lights that you see coming from big events or celebrations.

So all I can say is quick thinking with the one man, good work

posted on Nov, 24 2009 @ 10:52 PM
link   

Echelon, you will see very soon that there are very good experienced members here who do excellent work and will help you with your videos. I understand the issues with your cell vids. I got a really good cell phone also but it takes crappy video!! Anyway, wanted to say, I think you are sincere, and I loved your videos. They look good to me!
Hopefully as soon as someone here can take a good hard look at it and it proves to be likely a true UFO, they will direct you to the proper channels as contacting MUFON and such. Hope this gets done asap, as I am anxious as I am sure you are to have your clips looked at!! Wish you luck!

posted on Nov, 24 2009 @ 10:55 PM
link   
reply to post by IWantTheFacts

It has taken this long because I was back at my parents house staying with them while I worked on a film shoot for a couple of weeks.
They don't have a computer let alone the internet so it has taken me a while..

Film shoots are very flat out and busy so I couldn't really find the time until now

posted on Nov, 24 2009 @ 10:58 PM
link   

Echelon, I have a rather (insignificant?) question because I'm sure it will be asked later by someone.. Where did your dog go after you went outside to check on him, and do you know why he stopped barking?

posted on Nov, 24 2009 @ 11:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Wookiep

He had coiled himself into a ball on his couch that sits on the veranda, I don't know why he stopped barking, perhaps because he knew I was there.

I don't know if he was barking at the object or not.

posted on Nov, 24 2009 @ 11:10 PM
link   

ok, thanks.
You may be asked a lot of little questions like this, especially if this really lights up. (which it looks like it's going to) Thanks for your clear answers so far.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join