It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Metallic saucer filmed on my mobile phone {{Identified}}

page: 20
<< 17  18  19    21  22  23 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 26 2009 @ 04:35 PM
link   
One thing I will say about the video, if it was "a guy on the roof with a fishing rod" (LOL) Then he did a very good job of stopping it from swaying when it moves to the left. If you think about it, if you're hanging an object on a line, and then try to move it one way, it'll swing. Does this thing swing like that? No, it does not.

posted on Nov, 26 2009 @ 08:30 PM
link   
I just realized there are two threads of the same sighting. As I don't know wich one
will be the permanent I will post my opinion also in this one.

echeleon117:

You asked before if there is a weather balloon with this saucer shape, check this one.

And now check my comparison with your saucer shaped object and the weather balloon.

I think they look similar but of course is not a definitive fact, could be what your
neighbor told you? Maybe yes maybe not. Why don't you go to your neighbor's
home and ask him to show you his alleged saucer shaped balloon. This would
clarify the whole case.

posted on Nov, 26 2009 @ 09:04 PM
link   
reply to post by free_spirit

Nice find.

Any info on the dimensions of this balloon?

posted on Nov, 26 2009 @ 09:09 PM
link   
This is so odd. When you first put this post up I watched it right away, and didn't post. It has become quite popular. I have never seen something so funny in my life...except for maybe a bee gee's video. it's almost right over your house, you said you walked outside, an it was right there. Cheers, you're the man, great thread, great video's. I must have laughed out loud for 10 minutes at least. Don't be scared.

posted on Nov, 27 2009 @ 12:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by free_spirit
echeleon117:

You asked before if there is a weather balloon with this saucer shape, check this one.

And now check my comparison with your saucer shaped object and the weather balloon.

I think they look similar but of course is not a definitive fact, could be what your
neighbor told you? Maybe yes maybe not. Why don't you go to your neighbor's
home and ask him to show you his alleged saucer shaped balloon. This would
clarify the whole case.

No it won't!

That is not a weather balloon. The balloon pictured was made by the father of the little boy caught up in the "Balloon Boy" hoax from several weeks back! The ballon pictured - the one the father made himself, was deliberately designed to resemble a classic UFO type.

[edit on 27-11-2009 by mckyle]

posted on Nov, 27 2009 @ 01:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by mckyle
echeleon117:

No it won't!

That is not a weather balloon. The balloon pictured was made by the father of the little boy caught up in the "Balloon Boy" hoax from several weeks back! The ballon pictured - the one the father made himself, was deliberately designed to resemble a classic UFO type.

I must say I agree with you here.. This was in Colorado, and not a weather balloon.. The OP is on the other side of the world.. I respect free_spirit because he does good research regarding UFO's, but in this case, his post is sort-of veering off-topic...

[edit on 27-11-2009 by Wookiep]

posted on Nov, 27 2009 @ 01:09 AM
link   

Here is the same UFO balloon - this time taken from an online broadcaster that published the Balloon Boy article:

Free Spirit: I've read your posts before, and I've always been impressed. How could you have made such a simple sourcing error as this?

posted on Nov, 27 2009 @ 01:12 AM
link   

Here is the same UFO balloon - this time taken from an online broadcaster that published the Balloon Boy article:

Free Spirit: I've read your posts before, and I've always been impressed. How could you have made such a simple sourcing arror as this?

After thinking a few minutes about the relevance of free_spirit's post, I can't say it's *entirely* off-topic. The reason is because *if* we can determine that *that* type of balloon is common practice for meteorologists these days conducting atmospheric experiments, it might be 1 step toward confirmation in this case.

posted on Nov, 27 2009 @ 01:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by Wookiep

echeleon117:

No it won't!

I must say I agree with you here.. This was in Colorado, and not a weather balloon.. The OP is on the other side of the world.. I respect free_spirit because he does good research regarding UFO's, but in this case, his post is sort-of veering off-topic...

Exactly!

There has been enough confusion and irrelevant arguments on here as it is, without more misleading variables being introduced.

posted on Nov, 27 2009 @ 01:18 AM
link   

Free Spirit: I've read your posts before, and I've always been impressed. How could you have made such a simple sourcing arror as this?

After thinking a few minutes about the relevance of free_spirit's post, I can't say it's *entirely* off-topic. The reason is because *if* we can determine that *that* type of balloon is common practice for meteorologists these days conducting atmospheric experiments, it might be 1 step toward confirmation in this case.

I disagree. Have you ever heard of a police investigative term called "Rogues Gallery"?

The premise is this: if you introduce a victim to a series of 'mug shots' of criminal suspects, the victim is more likely to identify one of the photos as being the offender - simply because of the implication that the series of photos presented to you suggests - consciously or otherwise - the people you are looking at are criminals. Meaning you are influenced by non-relevant, but nevertheless, similar data.

The same can be said with showing the OP a photo - supposedly of a WEATHER BALLOON - as suggested by Free Spirit - when it is in fact not the case. It's a 'one-off' balloon made by the hoaxter father to resemble a UFO. There is a big difference!

Do you see?

posted on Nov, 27 2009 @ 01:27 AM
link   
reply to post by mckyle

Yes, I agree. It does kind-of point more fingers at the OP for his *criminality* lol. With that said... I think it's important that the "mug shot" of a "common" weather balloon be posted to avoid confusion. With a quick google search using key words "common weather balloon pictures" I got this:

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/1491bc517d09.jpg[/atsimg]

*edit* that was the VERY first result I got. Anyone can do a quick search of it.

posted on Nov, 27 2009 @ 01:35 AM
link   
reply to post by Wookiep

Great

This is the photo free spirit should have posted. I can't understand how he could have inadvertently missed such a pic and chosen something so conspicuous.

posted on Nov, 27 2009 @ 01:39 AM
link   

reply to post by Wookiep

Great

This is the photo free spirit should have posted. I can't understand how he could have inadvertently missed such a pic and chosen something so conspicuous.

once again I agree with you there...posting a hoax "ufo balloon" in Colorado doesn't do much to help this thread. *shrug*

posted on Nov, 27 2009 @ 01:43 AM
link   

Yes, I agree. It does kind-of point more fingers at the OP for his *criminality* lol.

Haha!

My analogy was casting the OP in a more favourable light ;-)

The OP is the victim - free spirit the policeman - the balloon pic (as posted by free spirit) being the potential criminal.

When in fact our suspected criminal balloon was innocent of the charges of being a weather balloon! As well as the fact our innocent balloon was a one-off build located across the Pacific

posted on Nov, 27 2009 @ 01:47 AM
link   

Yes, I agree. It does kind-of point more fingers at the OP for his *criminality* lol.

My analogy was casting the OP in a more favourable light ;-)

Well, in fact I was also putting the OP in a favorable light hence the stars around *criminality*.
lol this was to point out his "guilt" that so many others have seemed to accuse him of...in this case it was free_spirit being the accuser/cop. :p

posted on Nov, 27 2009 @ 01:53 AM
link   
reply to post by mckyle

Mckyle- you make good points, and I enjoy your posts here! I'm very curious to see what type of balloon the one in the video is!

Free_spirit did make one good point, and that is that I would love to see this balloon the OPs neighbor had. I hope he will try to snag some pics, and judging by his character I do believe he will, so long as the neighbors are willing.

posted on Nov, 27 2009 @ 02:45 AM
link   
From this...

Originally posted by Echelon117

I honestly at first thought it was some kind of balloon, much like the balloon in the "Balloon hoax"

To this.

I could have sworn I was breathing heavy and swearing out loud at the excitement and total SHOCK at what I was seeing and filming. But when I look back at the video strangely enough I wasn't making any sound whatsoever.

All within a couple sentences.

I remember only getting that excited one time in my life.

It was while I was watching Sesame Street while I was a child.

While looking at snuffaluffagus I originally thought it was a hairy elephant only then did I realize that after a google search some 30 years later for it's full name, I found out his full name was Aloysius Snuffleupagus.

I wish I had myself on cam because I can't remember if I was swearing out loud and breathing heavy.

[edit on 27-11-2009 by william.gauncents]

posted on Nov, 27 2009 @ 02:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by william.gauncents
From this...

Originally posted by Echelon117

I honestly at first thought it was some kind of balloon, much like the balloon in the "Balloon hoax"

To this.

I could have sworn I was breathing heavy and swearing out loud at the excitement and total SHOCK at what I was seeing and filming. But when I look back at the video strangely enough I wasn't making any sound whatsoever.

All within a couple sentences.

I remember only getting that excited one time in my life.

It was while I was watching Sesame Street while I was a child.

While looking at snuffaluffagus I originally thought it was a hairy elephant only then did I realize that after a google search some 30 years later for it's full name, I found out his full name was Aloysius Snuffleupagus.

I wish I had myself on cam because I can't remember if I was swearing out loud and breathing heavy.

[edit on 27-11-2009 by william.gauncents]

ok "william.gauncents" why, just why?? I'm going to be perfectly reasonable here and ask why you have to act this way? Do you honestly feel that you are contributing in a way that can advance this thread??

In response to what you just stated in a very trollish way..it has been ADRESSED. if you don't believe the op is sincere and if you can't swallow the explanations posted about your concern numerous times over then DON'T accept it! You are absolutely entitled to your opinion here, but *please* stop with the mindless comments and try posting an analysis of say.... Someone witnessing something and NOT being speechless. Give us examples and references, links. Show us hard-core analysis of human behaviour on a freaky new-age site for all I care, just *do* something other than yell out obvious insults!

posted on Nov, 27 2009 @ 02:58 AM
link   
No so fast people. The point of showing the Colorado saucer balloon to echeleon117 is
precisely to demonstrate there are saucer shaped balloons, weather or not anywhere,
echeleon117 declared his neighbor told him i guess by phone he had a weather balloon
saucer shaped and it was just a confussion, had a good laugh etc. echeleon117 reacted
and removed his videos from YouTube and also posted an apologize for the mistake.
That was supposedly the end of the story, case closed by the videographer himself.

But later on he retracted himself for some reason not clear, uploaded again the three
videos and started a second thread with the same case simultaneous that the original
wich doesn't make sense, he could have made an update. Anyway the real issue here
is so simple, so easy and so necessary: Why don't you go with your neighbor take your
videocamera and ask him to show you that saucer shaped weather balloon, that would
determine the course of this case.

No need to be a detective to solve this confusion, balloon or UFO. echoleon117
accepted it was a balloon but later he changed his version but did he explained why
with facts? In my opinion there is only one way to know if the neighbor was telling
the truth and indeed he has the alleged saucer balloon. It was echoleon117 the one
who released this information wich took some by surprise. Will he get confirmation
with his neighbor? I hope so.

posted on Nov, 27 2009 @ 03:05 AM
link   

No so fast people. The point of showing the Colorado saucer balloon to echeleon117 is
precisely to demonstrate there are saucer shaped balloons, weather or not anywhere,
echeleon117 declared his neighbor told him i guess by phone he had a weather balloon
saucer shaped and it was just a confussion, had a good laugh etc.

Free_spirit- I do fully respect what you are saying here.. My only issue is that you posted a picture of a balloon that was labled a "hoax". In doing so, it makes the accusation that the OP is involved in a "hoax", just like the balloon boy. There are no quarrels with the postings of pics of balloons, just not ones that are proven "hoaxes". Now, if you were to say, post a pic of a balloon that is used in *common* scientific practice like said object in question, by a reliable source such as a weather monitoring station then fabulous!

Everything else you said in your post I for one, pretty much agree with, except that he did put up the videos and the fact that they dissapeared for a while was also explained. I downloaded the raw ones before they were removed so if anyone would like to see them then u2u me, tell me how/where to send them and I will.

top topics

<< 17  18  19    21  22  23 >>

join