It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Metallic saucer filmed on my mobile phone {{Identified}}

page: 16
<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 25 2009 @ 06:44 PM
link   
hey,

i have a few questions

1. is it the same neighbour who lived there when you lived there?
2. if it is didnt you see weather balloons back then? or didnt he have one
3. have your parents seen it at all in the last few years when you wernt home?
4. or is it a brand new weather balloon he only recently bought?

im just asking because if he has one he must use it every day or every few days because otherwise whats the point? so surely your parents mustve seen it or other neighbours, there must be view of the field from the house?

if nones seen it before whom you can vouch for id be dubeus of the balloons... theyre pretty obvious things apparantly...

(not calling you a hoaxer btw :p just recommending further points of inquiery)

~TR

posted on Nov, 25 2009 @ 06:48 PM
link   
You know, I don't care if this was posted Real, Fake, Balloons or a Hoax. The OP has started a thread that has kept us entertained and given us something to do with an otherwise boring and uneventful day/night/afternoon/morning, depending on which part of the world your from. Some people might not be bored #less but, I'm talking about those of us who are...

So, I for one think this has ben a worthwhile excersize. I have enjoyed all the "Yes It's Reals" and "It's A Fake" to "Ahh, It's A Hoax".

I've enjoyed it. I've even commented and I don't often comment.

I'm sure there are other people out there who are following this thread with anticipation also.

posted on Nov, 25 2009 @ 06:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Tomb_Raven

1. is it the same neighbour who lived there when you lived there?
2. if it is didnt you see weather balloons back then? or didnt he have one
3. have your parents seen it at all in the last few years when you wernt home?
4. or is it a brand new weather balloon he only recently bought?

Those are great questions.

Yes he is the same neighbor, and has lived there all my life.
I have never seen a "weather balloon" before in my area, and my parents have never seen it either, unless they indeed have and are taking ME for a ride.. But I don't think so.
I'm assuming its a balloon he has only recently purchased, or has had for a while but not used too often.

I was told that he had used a couple of times that week but no one I have spoken to seen it being used before

posted on Nov, 25 2009 @ 07:03 PM
link   
well then looks to me like it was a baloon and you just wernt aware of how long it took you to look for the camera... shame

nice try tho

~TR

posted on Nov, 25 2009 @ 07:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Echelon117

I guess some people are going to say I knew all along, I didn't.
I guess I should have looked into this and called around and asked my neighbors BEFORE becoming excited and deciding to post it online for people to see and get equally excited.

Don't sweat it Echelon. You did everything right. Ignore the Trolls.

It is better you did this than miss an opportunity that you may have the real thing on tape.

posted on Nov, 25 2009 @ 07:19 PM
link   
Sorry did not read the whole thread so I'm not up to speed with any expert video annalists.
From what I see in the third video the object moves horizontally like its on rails.I have never seen a balloon move that stable- ever-.
If it is a balloon it's got to be cg.
If it's a real object moving like that, there is NO excuse for not filming it's departure.
Epic failure..

posted on Nov, 25 2009 @ 07:26 PM
link   

OK people, I have done some digging around.

I am very sorry to announce that I made some phone calls, and my neighbor does indeed own a weather monitoring balloon that he releases while keeping it tethered to the ground.

I don't know what type it is or anything like that, but he informed me that it looks saucer shaped and is constructed of a material that gives it a highly reflective surface.

Just did some research into the use of weather balloons in viticulture (wine making) as this was something that, even though seems logical, didn't sit right for me.

I called The Australian Wine Makers federation - they have never heard of the practise being used.

I called De Bortoli - De Bortoli Wines are one of Australia's most well known wineries who have vineyards in Victoria and NSW and have just been awarded Winery of the year and Young Winemaker of the year ... so they know their business.

According to one of their viticulturists the use of weather balloons in the Australian wine industry, as far as he was concerned, is near to non-existent.

As most vineyards either have their own weather stations or have direct access to the information from these local and from the national weather stations there is no need to use them and they are an obsolete technology in regards to winemaking (his words)

He said he could imagine that there may be some vineyards that grow the most expensive grapes that would use this to make sure they cover every angle but he was unsure about this and hadn't heard of it being done.

The only balloons he knows of are for used like scarecrows for pest control.

So know we have to ask why Echelons neighbour uses a weather balloon ... because it, almost certainly, isn't for wine making ...

[edit on 25/11/09 by Horza]

posted on Nov, 25 2009 @ 07:29 PM
link   
reply to post by flyingfish

So don't make any judgements until you have read the whole thread or, at the very least, skimmed through to get up to speed

Until you do, making comments like yours are epic fails ...

posted on Nov, 25 2009 @ 07:30 PM
link   
Anyone else getting the youtube message that the videos were removed by the user? I cant access them at all.

posted on Nov, 25 2009 @ 07:47 PM
link   
reply to post by srsen

Yeah I couldn't access them on youtube either, says the user removed them. Guess I'll have to wait to get home from work to download and check them out. Curious why they couldn't be left on youtube though. Not doubting.... Just saying. Really can't wait for my time to see something like this, (ufoish) it would make my years. lol

posted on Nov, 25 2009 @ 07:55 PM
link   
Yeah im also wondering why he removed them. Im thinking maybe he is re-uploading them in HD maybe or something?

FYI - I downloaded the raw files and couldnt play. they are .3pgg files and my pc said they are not movie files. I'm betting im doing something wrong and opening them the wrong way or something.

Could OP let us know whats going on with the youtube files please?

posted on Nov, 25 2009 @ 07:57 PM
link   
reply to post by srsen

He re-uploaded them with the new information... They were baloons put up by his neighbors. I think he knowingly hoaxed them but that is just me. I do not know why the mods still have this one up.

posted on Nov, 25 2009 @ 07:59 PM
link   

reply to post by Truth hunter

www.youtube.com...

www.youtube.com...

www.youtube.com...

New links, pass them on.

posted on Nov, 25 2009 @ 08:02 PM
link   
reply to post by zaiger

They were balloons all along? oh. And the OP admitted it? Sorry, I must have missed that, scanned through the thread pretty good but somehow missed that bit.

I'll try looking again later, youtube should have caught up by then - thanks for info

posted on Nov, 25 2009 @ 08:09 PM
link   
reply to post by srsen

identified as weather balloons
his neighbor must be a Meteorologist

[edit on 25-11-2009 by paradiselost333]

posted on Nov, 25 2009 @ 08:10 PM
link   
Can anyone tell me if I can edit the front page of this thread to update the youtube links to the new ones? Save me or anyone else re-posting the new links anytime someone new goes to watch them....

posted on Nov, 25 2009 @ 08:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Echelon117

Should be as easy as going to your opening post and clicking the edit button. You can edit everything form there, including title

posted on Nov, 25 2009 @ 08:23 PM
link   
reply to post by srsen

Seems the edit button vanishes after a certain point, I can't see it anywhere! Oh well never mind.

posted on Nov, 25 2009 @ 08:35 PM
link   

I don't think you've done anything wrong. I've read the whole thread, and kept up with it. I didn't post as I didn't have anything of merit to add.

I believe you. I want you to know that. I think you saw something out of your normal experience, and filmed it. This is a benefit to all of us who flock to purported UFO videos because it helps to hone our skills, and it helps to shape our analytical skills.

It's an easy thing to look at a video and rush to be the first to scream "FAKE!!!" That's a no-brainer. To add something of merit to a thread such as yours should be what we are about here at ATS. I don't mind telling you that I've learned a thing or two about some of the members -- most of it favorable.

Just a note for the future, and I'll stop bending your monitor. when we tear apart a video posted in good faith from an ATS member, let us be polite about it, and not make it into a personal attack. I have seen vids that I disbelieved, but that doesn't mean automatically that the videographer intentionally faked something.

It's been an enjoyable thread, and I like how the various members come together to offer solutions or strategies of analysis. If (when!) I eventually get my own amazing video, I will expect no less from all of you than your best and most critical effort.

Thanks for the thread

posted on Nov, 25 2009 @ 08:36 PM
link   

Thanks a lot buddy! Why did he cut filming? We never see how they go away... That's probably my only point against the whole thing. But it's one great capture anyway

top topics

<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

join