It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

Modern Warfare 2, No Russian mission, False-Flag

page: 1
1

log in

join
share:

posted on Nov, 24 2009 @ 06:13 PM
link   
As many of you already know, in Modern Warfare 2, the mission "No Russian" involves the player going undercover as a Russian terrorist to commit a terrorist act with real Russian terrorists in Moscow. You enter an airport and basically mow down civilians.



But here's the twist- the Russian Terrorists knew you were an American [you were set up by your superiors] and they kill you [as part of the plan] and leave your body, thus making everyone think the attack was perpetrated by Americans. The rest of the world believes that the US carried out a terror attack on Russia, and Russia invades the US using the terror attack as justification.


It is obvious that Modern Warfare 2 is a propaganda game. And it is interesting that it has this 9/11-esque false-flag scenario..

Also, much of the game occurs on American soil, where you are fighting in suburbs and the streets of Washington DC. The gameplay is very realistic, thus simulating actual suburban/urban gun-fighting.

Thoughts?

[edit on 24-11-2009 by italkyoulisten]




posted on Nov, 24 2009 @ 06:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by italkyoulisten
Thoughts?



Thanks for the story spoiler and I believe there are numerous threads just like this one from the games release to today.



posted on Nov, 24 2009 @ 06:48 PM
link   
reply to post by italkyoulisten
 




You enter an airport and basically mow down civilians.




Love this level...replayed it numerous times just to make sure I didn't miss out on anything during the first few runs - it's quite easy to miss a whole group of innocent REMFs running out a book store. Gotta get them too!





Great stuff...especially for those that can seperate video games from reality.





posted on Nov, 24 2009 @ 06:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by thisguyrighthere

Originally posted by italkyoulisten
Thoughts?



Thanks for the story spoiler and I believe there are numerous threads just like this one from the games release to today.


Yeah, damnit. I just HAD to open this thread.



posted on Nov, 24 2009 @ 07:28 PM
link   
reply to post by italkyoulisten
 


Why do you think Modern Warfare 2 is a propaganda game? Its a video game. I suppose Halo 3 is also propaganda of how Aliens are going to invade, but don't worry, we have Super Man to save us.



posted on Nov, 24 2009 @ 07:53 PM
link   
All I have to say about Modern Warfare 2 is that they left the PC Community in the dust with no dedicated servers. Hence, Over 500,000 PC Gamers didn't buy the game.

Now this is what I call a BOYCOTT.



posted on Nov, 24 2009 @ 08:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Commando717
 


Modern Warfare 2 is a propaganda game in the same way America's Army was a propaganda game [America's Army was actually developed by the US Army]. The extreme realism helps embed the player with "truths" taken as fundamental, because as the game progresses, the player learns other "truths" that builds upon the fundamentals, and the fundamentals become accepted and assumed.

At the very least, the US Army would never give up on such a opportune chance to insert propaganda. At the very most, the game could be used by greater powers to associate the 9/11 false flag with works of fiction and preparing people through simulations of domestic warfare.

Anyways,
The game glorifies war, the US Military, and teaches the player the fundamentals of military engagements. Basically it is like a giant US Army commercial made into a video/movie game.



posted on Nov, 24 2009 @ 08:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Emerald The Paradigm
All I have to say about Modern Warfare 2 is that they left the PC Community in the dust with no dedicated servers. Hence, Over 500,000 PC Gamers didn't buy the game.

Now this is what I call a BOYCOTT.



They may have boycotted.. but it didnt make a difference!

www.gamespot.com...

Modern Warfare 2 PC first-week sales top predecessorBy Brendan Sinclair, GameSpotPosted Nov 20, 2009 4:56 pm PT



posted on Nov, 24 2009 @ 08:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by italkyoulisten
reply to post by Commando717
 


Modern Warfare 2 is a propaganda game in the same way America's Army was a propaganda game [America's Army was actually developed by the US Army]. The extreme realism helps embed the player with "truths" taken as fundamental, because as the game progresses, the player learns other "truths" that builds upon the fundamentals, and the fundamentals become accepted and assumed.

At the very least, the US Army would never give up on such a opportune chance to insert propaganda. At the very most, the game could be used by greater powers to associate the 9/11 false flag with works of fiction and preparing people through simulations of domestic warfare.

Anyways,
The game glorifies war, the US Military, and teaches the player the fundamentals of military engagements. Basically it is like a giant US Army commercial made into a video/movie game.




SPOILERS! PLEASE DONT READ IF YOURE YET TO PLAY THE GAME!!










If that's true then how come it turns out that some of the Americans are sneaks and traitors? Not the all American, uber patriotic statement we would expect from a "propaganda" game.

And how come the Brits do all the dirty work and end up saving the World?
Is it a propaganda game, made by America to get British kids to sign up, so America can use the UK to do its dirty work, again?

[edit on 24-11-2009 by triplesod]



posted on Nov, 24 2009 @ 09:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Emerald The Paradigm
 


oh really? the sales are much more then that number.
the game has sold more copies then the first call of duty game.


And also get a grip people its just a freaking video game if you dont like it dont buy it.

simple eh?



new topics

top topics



 
1

log in

join