It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Big-Phama : The most immoral of them all.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 25 2009 @ 07:07 AM
link   
reply to post by kosmicjack

No worries, I'm glad to be on the we're on the same page!

I didn't want to comment on the US health reform specifically, but rather the swine flu and Big-Pharma in general, but obviously health care reform is naturally a valid point for discussion.

I strongly agree with you....

Good health care for its citizens should be the goal of any civilized nation. As long as health care is associated with "for profit" industries like Big Pharma and insurance, there will be conflict of interests, waste, fraud, abuse and overall poor health care.

If I could applause... I would!

posted on Nov, 25 2009 @ 07:16 AM
link   
I think all big pharma is bad.
How could anyone possibly need their chemicals inside of us.
You don't need them
I believe everything they give us, either something can be found in organics that is better. Or it is straightout harmful and we don't need it at all.

[edit on 25-11-2009 by randyvs]

posted on Nov, 25 2009 @ 07:24 AM
link   
For anyone interested in Big Pharma, their influence over the medical industry and how they manipulate what the medical industry practices; check out my videos on that exact topic here...

Big Pharma and Medical Industry Lies

posted on Nov, 25 2009 @ 08:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by StrangeBrew
For anyone interested in Big Pharma, their influence over the medical industry and how they manipulate what the medical industry practices; check out my videos on that exact topic here...

Big Pharma and Medical Industry Lies

Thanks for pointing me in the direction of those videos!

When I have a moment I watch then and get in touch.

All the best, Kiwifoot!

posted on Nov, 26 2009 @ 04:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by randyvs
You don't need them
I believe everything they give us, either something can be found in organics that is better. Or it is straightout harmful and we don't need it at all.

Nearly everything.

I need thyroxine and B12 injections, and two brothers need insulin injections. Without these we would die, and there is nothing in nature that will work instead.

However, on the whole, I agree with everything here that has been said against big pharma. They are an adjunct to a medical system which began in conjunction with the Catholic church, labelling village healers as witches and killing them in order to wipe out those who knew the pagan ways.

You can be sure big pharma will go from heartless greed to murder if ever TPTB instruct them to. - As may have happened already with the Baxter incident.

posted on Nov, 26 2009 @ 02:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kailassa

You don't need them

Nearly everything.

I need thyroxine and B12 injections, and two brothers need insulin injections. Without these we would die, and there is nothing in nature that will work instead.

However, on the whole, I agree with everything here that has been said against big pharma. They are an adjunct to a medical system which began in conjunction with the Catholic church, labelling village healers as witches and killing them in order to wipe out those who knew the pagan ways.

You can be sure big pharma will go from heartless greed to murder if ever TPTB instruct them to. - As may have happened already with the Baxter incident.

I'm glad to read your post, it brings a little balance to the thread which is important!

We all have some sort of medication, face cream, contact solution, hey fever pill, inhaler or some such!

So you are very correct in saying not ALL Big-Pharma is wrong, but this swine flu mate, it reeks of despicable acts!

posted on Dec, 3 2009 @ 10:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by kiwifoot
If you were POTUS for the next 4 years, which way would you go?

Well, I've already done something along these lines way back here, but there's not much (actually, none at all) about this particular issue in that post.

For one thing, I'd get the FDA up off their collective arses to do their job, which is to regulate the testing & manufacturing of new drugs for safety & health concerns. Far too often, the FDA simply takes the results of "studies & research" documents that were created or funded by the very same manufacturer that wants to get a new drug on the market; No, there's no bias there!
There needs to be clear & concise methods of testing being done by the FDA itself, and/or to consult more often on independent studies performed by colleges & universities...And also obtain more than 1 or 2 results, spanning a variety of sources.

More & more, year by year, the FDA has been at the beck-n-call of any Big Pharm with money to burn on lobbying...Big Pharma has continually lobbied for particular legislation that only improves their lot & worsens ours. In a way, this particular problem could be solved with the banning of *all* lobbying & replace it with what the Constitution requires; Petition for Redress of Grievances; Wait a second...This is something I mentioned in the linked post up above!

The FDA (& pretty much the rest of the government too) has stopped being held accountable to the People & become a mere rubber-stamp for Big Pharm (or any other Big Corp lobbyists, for that matter); This constitutes Acting in Breech of Oath. In the Constitution, any officer can be removed from office for any High Crime or Misdemeanor & indicted under charges...But it's always up to the People to enforce it when the government refuses to perform their specified duties. Sad as it is to say, the Big Pharms get away with murder because the government lets them...And the People have been letting the government get away with doing just that. As said by Thomas Jefferson, "Educate and inform the whole mass of the people... They are the only sure reliance for the preservation of our liberty." In short, if We the People refuse to allow Big Pharm continue to murder us, then We the People have to stop it, because the government sure as hell won't stop it.

Originally posted by NuclearPaul
Let's face it. It they invented a magic pill that would eliminate all diseases and illnesses, they would patent it and never use it.

That's for certain. They'd rather have people barely hanging on to their lives with "treatments" that people have to continue paying for, than to actually create any real cures that people only have to buy once. "Job Security" they call it but in the end, they constantly hover on the edge of "mass murder" & being a contributing cause to inciting mass panic with false flag "epidemic warnings." Who's to say that it's beyond the abilities of Big Pharm to actually cause any disease to spread into epidemic porportions in the first place? Damn! There's that "profit-motive" rearing up its ugly head again!

This is mostly true. As a point of fact, no one in the human race can actually create anything...All of our technologies, all of our accumulated knowledge has its roots in the Natural World & the Laws of Nature. All humanity can do is manipulate and/or rearrange things that already exist. If there's something we need to survive, Nature has already provided it for us...Otherwise, we wouldn't have lasted even this long, even without pharmacies of any kind!

Originally posted by Kailassa

B12 is found in nature, but probably not in the concentrated doses you need...Thyroxine as well. The only kind of insulin that diabetics can use is that which is produced by human glands...But it's really impractical to harvest insulin form other humans who need it themselves, isn't it? Insulin produced by other species has been tested & researched, but it would be...dangerous...to actually use it on humans.

With the advent of Genetic Engineering, they have come up with an artificial way to produce human insulin though; They engineer a specific type of "bio-mass" that produces human insulin as a by-product. Some refining & purification, & Voila, diabetics can live to rejoice! Don't be surprised that they've been able to produce such specific types of "bio-masses," because they've been doing that for a few decades already...To create the enzymes used in common household detergents!

Everything that Big Pharm does really exists in Nature, but the only thing humanity has been able to do is to distill it in concentrated or usable forms. If you knew where to find it & how to perform the distilling & purification, you could make it yourself. So, you really don't need Big Pharm, but they certainly need you & your insurance money.

Originally posted by kiwifoot
So you are very correct in saying not ALL Big-Pharma is wrong, but this swine flu mate, it reeks of despicable acts!

Yep, not all Pharma is bad...It gets bad when it grows too big from feeding on greed; Geee, governments are like that too. As been quoted before, "Love of money is the root of all evil." When money becomes more important than people, ethics tend to go right out the window!

top topics

<< 1   >>

join