It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why won't God heal amputees?

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 25 2009 @ 03:15 AM
link   
reply to post by JohnPhoenix

As for as God, The best answer we have is it must not be in Gods plan for our lives. God doesn't interfere in mans life this way but sometimes let these things happen to man to test his faith.

Hardly an original cop out, God doesn't interfere in mans life ?

Here's some evidence hat he certainly does

posted on Nov, 25 2009 @ 03:17 AM
link   
This is pure speculation and nothing more. But to assume to know what god is thinking is the highest exercise in arrogance. Humans with their limited understanding of reality and time trying to figure out why god won't answer their requests. I hope God isn't a genie, a deity that grants wishes is akin to a bad parent buying his childs love. Sorry but the hard knocks help develop charachter.

I don't know the answers nobody does. All we have is our belief, why some people feel the need to question others belief when they themselves have no full understnding of reality is beyound me. Is it ego or natural curiosity I don't know. All I know is to each his own. We have enough problems we don't need to be fighting each other.

posted on Nov, 25 2009 @ 03:18 AM
link   

God doesn't HAVE TO do anything, and in addition there is a purpose to the 'bad stuff'

Ah now I get it this omnibenevolent being is accountable for bad stuff .

Bad = Not good

So god is not all good, hm hardly seems worth his effort inventing satan then.

posted on Nov, 25 2009 @ 03:18 AM
link   
A little story I once read goes soemthing like this....

Peter (a devout Christain) gets shot whilst at war and falls to the ground... he starts praying.

"Please God... please save me!"

A couple of seconds later a fellow soldier comes by and offers to take Peter back to camp with him...

Peter looks at the soldier and says

"Don't worry God will save me"

The soldier leaves Peter and heads of to camp...

Peter starts praying again "Please God, don’t let me die... save me"

Another soldier comes by... this time a medic and offers Peter a hand.

Peter refuses and says "Don’t worry God will save me"

The medic is shocked and leaves Peter behind as he retreats to escape approaching enemies.

Peter starts praying again and again "Please God, save me ,heal me please"

3 men come by and ask Peter if they can pick him up and help him.

Peter once again replies with

"Don’t worry God will save me"

The men get worried and tell Peter that the enemy is near and that he will certainly die if they leave him.

Peter tells them to leave and explains to them that God is great and that God will save him.

30 minutes pass and Peter finally passes away.

As he gets to heaven he says to God

"Lord, I love you and trust you, why didn't you save me when I asked for your help multiple times??"

God smiles at Peter and says..."Peter I sent 5 people to help you, you refused"

The End

My point is that if some sort of miracle soldier can give this guy prosthetic limbs... how do you know that God didn't do it or send him????

posted on Nov, 25 2009 @ 03:21 AM
link   
reply to post by moocowman

Or the hairless monkeys attempting to speak for that figure were talking out their butt. Doesn't prove or disprove whether or not that figure exists or it's ultimate goodliness or evilness.

posted on Nov, 25 2009 @ 03:23 AM
link   
reply to post by reasonable

this is the oldest and easiest question to answer..i wish people OP would take the time to really study and learn instead of tryin so hard to find somethin wrong they will take anything

the answer:: it is humanities fault how bad the world is...God created the world to be perfect...we fell and ruined it..he then gave the devil permission to test th earth...its all very simple..it is our fault as humans...not Gods

posted on Nov, 25 2009 @ 03:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by Watcher-In-The-Shadows

Yes because if "god" did exist he would act like a cosmic Superman. Rrrrriiiiggghhhhtttt.

Duh your point being?

posted on Nov, 25 2009 @ 03:25 AM
link   

Well you are the one implying the argument that since it does not it must not exist. You tell me.

posted on Nov, 25 2009 @ 03:27 AM
link   
reply to post by reasonable

the answer is fairly simple..

their is no god! ... i have yet to see any proof otherwise!

posted on Nov, 25 2009 @ 03:28 AM
link   
reply to post by resonance

the answer:: it is humanities fault how bad the world is...God created the world to be perfect...we fell and ruined it..he then gave the devil permission to test th earth...its all very simple..it is our fault as humans...not Gods

What the hell is that gobbeldygook supposed to mean ?

Did you miss the bit where xtians go around claiming this and that in relation to healing, oh yes indeed jesus cures lumbago, headaches, insomnia but he just can't quite manage to regenerate a limb.

So somehow this is all down to the devil perfect worlds and humans falling, get a grip man you just typed drivel.

posted on Nov, 25 2009 @ 03:34 AM
link   
reply to post by Watcher-In-The-Shadows

Dude I'm still not clear what the hell your on about, back track.

Why is it do you think that Jesuyaweh (if it's real) chooses not to regenerate limbs , although according to many many xtians he will sort out a backache and such.

posted on Nov, 25 2009 @ 03:34 AM
link   
reply to post by boaby_phet

We do tend to see only that which we want to see.

posted on Nov, 25 2009 @ 03:37 AM
link   
reply to post by halfmanhalfamazing

Yes, just because something seems good in our eyes, doesnt make it right!

Sometimes doing the RIGHT thing can be very harsh indeed. Pain produces growth, and without being tested, how are you supposed to know what you are capable of? Sometimes you need a push, or you will stagnate and not achieve your potential. G-d is righteous, and always does the right thing. We mere mortals will never grasp that fact, and the right thing can be seen as cruel sometimes; a bit like when mamma bird pushes her chicks out of a nest to learn them to fly, without that push, they would never fly and be fodder for predators...
Sometimes that push may take your limbs, but then its up to you to transend your situation and exceed the sum total of what YOU think you are, to what G-D knows you are. We are made in G-ds image, and like Him we can exceed ourselves, we just need a push sometimes to show it to ourselves.

As for the OP.... Does the coffee you made for yourself say to you "look what you made? You made me into a crap cup of coffee!!!!" Did you not make that coffee for your OWN taste? For YOUR OWN pleasure? Do you not have the right to throw that coffee away if you didnt like it? And invariably we do, but G-d gives us a chance, why? Because He is RIGHTEOUS and its the Right thing to do. But if you dont take that chance, then do not be surprised when you find yourself being poured down the sink!!

posted on Nov, 25 2009 @ 03:39 AM
link   

And since limbs aren't regenerated no such being exists and thusly "religion" is false. Correct? Or at least that is the faulty logic I am seeing applied thus far..... My comment earlier about hairless monkeys and talking out their butt not having any impact as to whether or not something does or does not exist do apply here as well. Well, except perhaps percieved impact. But I do digress.

posted on Nov, 25 2009 @ 03:43 AM
link   

My point is that if some sort of miracle soldier can give this guy prosthetic limbs... how do you know that God didn't do it or send him????

That has to be one of the oldest and most ridiculous xtian cop outs it's embarrassing.

So the street preacher can pop over to Cambodia to the children hospital ask jesusyahweh to heal them he puts his hand on their heads and their migraines clear up.
Then all the amputee kids in wheel chairs turn up so the street preacher turns to them and says .

"OK guys your turn next we're just waiting for the van with prosthesis to show, jesus told a load of none xtian Chinese workers to make you some metal legs Hoorah for jesus"

Give it up dude you're flogging a dead horse that that no amount of hand laying is going to resuscitate .

posted on Nov, 25 2009 @ 03:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by moocowman

That has to be one of the oldest and most ridiculous xtian cop outs it's embarrassing.

So the street preacher can pop over to Cambodia to the children hospital ask jesusyahweh to heal them he puts his hand on their heads and their migraines clear up.
Then all the amputee kids in wheel chairs turn up so the street preacher turns to them and says .

"OK guys your turn next we're just waiting for the van with prosthesis to show, jesus told a load of none xtian Chinese workers to make you some metal legs Hoorah for jesus"

Yup, I'm actually glad you understand it... great isn't it???

Give it up dude you're flogging a dead horse that that no amount of hand laying is going to resuscitate .

Mmmm... dont really know what this has to do with anything... pretty funny though

posted on Nov, 25 2009 @ 03:51 AM
link   
reply to post by Watcher-In-The-Shadows

And since limbs aren't regenerated no such being exists and thusly "religion" is false. Correct?

No I did not imply that, i merely put forward that since xtians claim they can heal by asking jesus, that either someone is lying jesus is imaginary or I'm a demon if he does not heal.

If you are saying that jesus is real and does heal but chooses not to in the case of amputees then please feel free to explain why this is the case.

If you believe yahweh is real, but you don't know why he chooses not to heal amputees, a simple I don't know will suffice.
If you'd like to follow that up with a stab in the dark guess, well hey that's cool too.

posted on Nov, 25 2009 @ 03:53 AM
link   
reply to post by boaby_phet

their is no god

You will probably have to take that up with the OP.

The fool has said, there is no God. Then comes death, then judgement.
You do believe in death right?

[edit on 25-11-2009 by randyvs]

posted on Nov, 25 2009 @ 03:54 AM
link   

Considering I do not believe in Christian theology I am in no position to answer the question.
You missed a couple of hundred other options as well I might add. Your hatred blinds you.

[edit on 25-11-2009 by Watcher-In-The-Shadows]

posted on Nov, 25 2009 @ 04:02 AM
link   
Has deism been mentioned in this thread yet?

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join