It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why won't God heal amputees?

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 24 2009 @ 07:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by reasonable

Originally posted by troubleshooter
reply to post by reasonable

I live with a severe disability caused by a traumatic injury.

For the first three years I could see no purpose for it...
...it seemed like everything I worked years toward was futile.

Then my partner was diagnosed with a medically incurable disease...
...and was given four months...
...and because I was unable to work I focused all my attention on understanding the condition and the range of medical protocols and alternative modalities that could manage or cure it.

Six years later my partner is in remission by all objective criteria...
...without resorting to solutions from Pharma.

We have a saying...nothing every happens to us only ever for us.

I love my disability.

That is simply your crutch. A faith that you are disabled for a reason larger than life. It's how you cope, a coping method and nothing more. Nice that you believe 27,000 children starve to death everyday is a gift from god to them. amazing.

It is my firm belief these children will be taken care of in in heaven with glory and it is also my belief that when we die we will be held accountable for these childrens deaths. I have a strong feeling when we stand on judgement day we will be asked why we didnt feed these children, why we didnt clothe the naked , why we didnt do any of the commands Jesus gave us. What will be my or your excuse for these deaths???? We mister reasonable are responsible for these things when we have the where withal to help but we dont , we just point our finger at God and blame him. Try and think outside your box.

I also see where your mind set is by your avatar , when Jesus came God made a new covenant , the good news , the gospel. Jesus was the new testament. No more eye for an eye. Love each other as you love yourself. That means enemies as well....it means love all!!!

This means you dont want to be hungry and starve so love those little children as much as you love yourself and your own and feed them.

I hope some will try and look at things like one said earlier from a spiritual sense not just this material sense. Just maybe some of the things we see happen to innocent young and old , human,animal, and earth alike are going to be used as a testament against us sinners.

Just be reasonable and THINK!

posted on Nov, 24 2009 @ 07:06 PM
link   

So then we come to the underlying problem. Do you take such a strong stand against the Government or rapists. So your telling me, you have more of a problem, with someone expressing their views, than the Government milking us or a rapist raping young girls?

I'm assuming here as I don't know you.

posted on Nov, 24 2009 @ 07:13 PM
link   

Because this isnt heaven...its your test!! you are dealt your cards, how you play your hand is up to you.

Im constantly amazed how people confuse the 2...

Spend 75-80 yrs on earth and earn your keep for eterninty, who said it was supposed to be easy? Its earth not heaven, ever punished your kid for anything??? kind works the same way, you will get into heaven when you have proven your self, not when you are a little smat azz earth dweller (teenager).

Everyone wants theirs NOW!!! Godd luck!

link   
reply to post by maus80

I do find the common belief that God grants wishes to be a little insulting and deserving of ridicule

Why?

it sends the message that it's ok to ask God for favoritism.

I don't think it's favoritism to grant requests to those who ask for them, and not to those who don't.

it opens a big can of worms, "Why did God let this happen?",

Maybe god lets these things happen because some people apparently believe that it's somehow improper for them to ask for better.

Let's say I'm beating two people with a stick. One of them asks me to please stop, so I stop. The other one doesn't ask me to stop and just passively accepts that he must deserve it, or that being beaten must be part of some sort of divine plan. So I keep beating him.

How is the person who doesn't ask me to stop the wiser of the two?

link   
Underlying problem is only what it can not be made out to be. It is the sense of wonder in knowing for that once can be done will be done. Following on from that overly caring and love contradicts us all in some sense but the divine is replaced with hatred. God bless.

See I can ramble and make up incoherent stuff too! Actually it's kind of fun.. where do I sign up!?

posted on Nov, 24 2009 @ 07:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by redseal

Because this isnt heaven...its your test!! you are dealt your cards, how you play your hand is up to you.

Im constantly amazed how people confuse the 2...

Spend 75-80 yrs on earth and earn your keep for eterninty, who said it was supposed to be easy? Its earth not heaven, ever punished your kid for anything??? kind works the same way, you will get into heaven when you have proven your self, not when you are a little smat azz earth dweller (teenager).

Everyone wants theirs NOW!!! Godd luck!

How does a thalidomide baby prove itself or a starving to death dead 4 month old baby? hmmm... Must be a fabrication as part of the test. Cool, gotta watch that god, he's a tricky fella.

link   

Originally posted by savagediver
It is my firm belief these children will be taken care of in in heaven with glory

I can see the foundation of that belief:

"But Jesus called the children to him and said, "Let the little children come to me, and do not hinder them, for the kingdom of God belongs to such as these." - Luke 18:16

They'd bypass all the misery of living decades on earth.

Originally posted by savagediver
and it is also my belief that when we die we will be held accountable for these childrens deaths. I have a strong feeling when we stand on judgement day we will be asked why we didnt feed these children, why we didnt clothe the naked , why we didnt do any of the commands Jesus gave us. What will be my or your excuse for these deaths????

That's heavy. I feel like dirt...and am glad I do now instead of later. Makes me wonder what more I could be doing.

"Religion that God our Father accepts as pure and faultless is this: to look after orphans and widows in their distress and to keep oneself from being polluted by the world." - James 1:27

We were told right here, so we can't even shrug and say we didn't know.

[edit on 24-11-2009 by saint4God]

link   
reply to post by redseal

Very well-said. Everyone lives in the Now. Take religion out of it. If we planned and lived for the long-term, we would be a much better country. This is why some people don't find God until they become of dying age.

posted on Nov, 24 2009 @ 07:21 PM
link   
Your experiment to “test’ if God will heal someone will not work because the Bible says …do not put the Lord your God to the test’ So that rules that out.

So why does the church not pray for the sick and Needy, well they do and yes some get help most do not. Can we explain it NO!

I’m sure there is an instant where someone’s limbs have grown back. Research will be needed as main stream media sort of have the same Opinion you have and don’t look upon the church in a good light, they’ll only cover ‘Church’ stories if someone has Molested a child or Defrauded the people in some way.

Maybe its Man’s fault that there is not more healings? If you read some stories in the bible there is evidence even in Jesus day when he walked the earth performing Miracles that the very people who could heal some all of a sudden could not heal another person with a similar problem. Makes one think. Maybe our faith has gone over the years. We think we have faith and can believe enough to heal, but I guess its not like that.

There is also stories of "others" performing healings during Jesus time that were not calling upon God to heal. Maybe something rubbed off onto them who knows.

Good luck on your quest! Not everything is black and white

posted on Nov, 24 2009 @ 07:24 PM
link   
reply to post by oliveoil

Nah I believe that is fake there is no physical evidence

posted on Nov, 24 2009 @ 07:33 PM
link   
Jesus is not some genie that pops out of a lamp and grants you wishes, but religious faith, whatever your religion, may help you to get through some hard times.

posted on Nov, 24 2009 @ 07:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by factbeforefiction
Jesus is not some genie that pops out of a lamp and grants you wishes, but religious faith, whatever your religion, may help you to get through some hard times.

Bloody hell, here we go again, I will repost once again DIRECT quotes from the bible:

In Matthew 17:20 Jesus reiterates that same message:

For truly, I say to you, if you have faith as a grain of mustard seed, you will say to this mountain, 'Move from here to there,' and it will move; and nothing will be impossible to you.

Since a mustard seed is a tiny inanimate object about the size of a grain of salt, it is easy to imagine that the faith of a mustard seed is fairly small. So, paraphrasing, what Jesus is saying is that if you have the tiniest bit of faith, you can move mountains.

Jesus says something similar in Matthew 21:21:

I tell you the truth, if you have faith and do not doubt, not only can you do what was done to the fig tree, but also you can say to this mountain, 'Go, throw yourself into the sea,' and it will be done. If you believe, you will receive whatever you ask for in prayer.

The message is reiterated Mark 11:24:

Therefore I tell you, whatever you ask for in prayer, believe that you have received it, and it will be yours.

In John chapter 14, verses 12 through 14, Jesus tells all of us just how easy prayer can be:

"Truly, truly, I say to you, he who believes in me will also do the works that I do; and greater works than these will he do, because I go to the Father. Whatever you ask in my name, I will do it, that the Father may be glorified in the Son; if you ask anything in my name, I will do it.

In Matthew 18:19 Jesus says it again:

Again I say to you, if two of you agree on earth about anything they ask, it will be done for them by my Father in heaven. For where two or three are gathered in my name, there am I in the midst of them.

Jesus is actually in our midst and God answers our prayers.

posted on Nov, 24 2009 @ 08:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Selahobed

My only problem with all that is again, when something good happens its god, what about all the good praying chistians who are raped, burned, murdered, molested, poor, hungry, beaten for a lifetime with no good, and they pray and pray all unanswered, where is their miracle, where is there 6 months front pay, you can't have it both ways. A all know , all creating god creates and causes both good and evil...making him a sadist and really a bit of a dick

posted on Nov, 24 2009 @ 08:46 PM
link   
Well, according to Hidden_Hand, God or the Ultimate Creator(that is the one residing in the highest dimension, not a dickhead like Yahweh, which I'm guessing is just some kids living in the "basement of the 6th dimension," and unfortunately, we may be merely nothing more than a creation of his thoughts), chooses to "forget" himself, so that his creations could learn how to create for themselves. If this Ultimate Creator intervenes in anything, then it defeats the purpose of "the game"(according to him, no one really dies, and these amputated people may have chosen to be there, WITHOUT intervention).

Seriously, I recommend people read Hidden_Hand's posts, it'll give you a whole new perspective of this world. And I think you can trust him because a lot of what he says match quantum physics(not to mention what we've read about "Yahweh" in the Bible. Also, watch a series called Saturnalia Cult on youtube and it will surely send a chill down your spine).

[edit on 24-11-2009 by np6888]

posted on Nov, 24 2009 @ 08:48 PM
link   

don't you think that it's strange how often athiests have to point out bits of the bible to people of faith? i often find myself in a religious debate and i'm the only person who can use actual biblical quotes to back up my points, the faithful just spew concepts they've heard and like or thought up themselves, when i show them the bit of the bible that says they aren't aloud to do that they almost always claim that doesn't count because jesus loves everyone who believes in him -despite the many quotes i can give where jesus speaks about people he doesn't love...

posted on Nov, 24 2009 @ 08:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by stereovoyaged
reply to post by Selahobed

My only problem with all that is again, when something good happens its god, what about all the good praying chistians who are raped, burned, murdered, molested, poor, hungry, beaten for a lifetime with no good, and they pray and pray all unanswered, where is their miracle, where is there 6 months front pay, you can't have it both ways. A all know , all creating god creates and causes both good and evil...making him a sadist and really a bit of a dick

Relative of mine killed himself over drugs and depression. His parents (lifelong devout christians) tried to 'faith' heal him.. all they did was pray all day. They also give a large portion of their salary to the church which leaves them in financial hardship eventually losing their home. They are now having mental issues as they believe their son is burning in hell, etc. It's a real circus. They just look dazed and sickly these days, the dad lost his job too but they still go to church like clockwork. At least a mega yacht, riches and salvation is awaiting them in the afterlife.

[edit on 24-11-2009 by reasonable]

posted on Nov, 24 2009 @ 08:58 PM
link   
reply to post by NatureBoy

Jesus is okay. If we were to buy into all this, then he would be Buddha and (I think again as Muhammed) reincarnated.

It's Yahweh who is truly evil.

posted on Nov, 24 2009 @ 09:08 PM
link   
The OP clearly knows nothing of God. You can't just trick God into performing a miracle for your personal entertainment. They tried the same thing on Jesus many times and He never fell for it. I've seen healings. I've personally experienced healing. All you're doing is comforting your own wishful thinking that there is no God. Do you really think that God should perform a trick for you to prove He exists ? No need to, we exist, the universe exists. I think God has shown Himself quite a bit. You just can't see Him or understand that He is. And you really need to find some other more interesting test to put out there cause the one you put up just doesn't do it for those of us who are Christian and know God.

posted on Nov, 24 2009 @ 09:28 PM
link   
That is question that deserves a sarcastic answer, however I will be civil. IN the same context, why does a child need to be subject to rape, or meaningless death? Why would a god allow a dictator to starve millions of innocent people? Why are wars that kill so many done without grand divine intervention? Why are we allowed to be so stupid?

posted on Nov, 24 2009 @ 09:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lil Drummerboy
That is question that deserves a sarcastic answer, however I will be civil. IN the same context, why does a child need to be subject to rape, or meaningless death? Why would a god allow a dictator to starve millions of innocent people? Why are wars that kill so many done without grand divine intervention? Why are we allowed to be so stupid?

Free will. God said.. "Let them have dominion over the earth..." When mankind rebelled against God he still had free will, so blame man not God because man is the one doing the killing, raping, and pillaging...

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join