It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why won't God heal amputees?

page: 44
<< 41  42  43   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 17 2010 @ 07:37 AM
link   
Beleif is sitting in the second row at a carnival and watching a clown pushing a barrel across the tightrope...
Faith is being in the barrel..

That said i hope each of you get what you beleive you deserve. I hope that those who do not share your beleif gets what they beleive in.

Beleif and faith can be a wonderful thing.. Always a shining Light in the darkness hope is a grand thing.. I also wish you are not so stuck in your ways that you would blindly qualify an old book as factual evidence of your only reason to be alive.

Your children and their children blindly follow what you blindly follow remember that if you decide to drink the punch..

I will not answer why god would not heal amputee's. I personally don't beleive he has ever healed anyone if he truly does exist. Humankind is made of stout stuff. everyday some survives the death of a loved one. Given drive and purpose there is an incredible chance you will survive. But blaming all your faults on a unknown unseen entity.. well i can see the benefits.. when you fail you can blame him.. everynow and then when you do well people praise your abuility you can be a bit big headed becuase after all god didn't help you win the baking contest he would be to busy for little things like that...Until the next time of course...
K well thats enough rambling from me.. be well all
Therian Shadeslight

posted on Feb, 18 2010 @ 09:00 PM
link   
Because god in all is benvolency and all seeing power to kill and create.... Appartenly he needs another hand!

posted on Feb, 18 2010 @ 10:55 PM
link   
very interesting read.

nobody needs to hear my hard luck/why has thou abandoned me story.

what i have read here is alot of people don't believe in God because of what they think his job discription should be and He doesn't make the grade to them.

the amputee question is simple, i think.

He gave us brains to figure it all out. without that, lol, we are walking lunch.

compassion, empathy, love, smarts, etc all what we think makes us human.

"God helps those that help themselves" (and i'm not talking about a buffet)

is what i always keep in mind.

posted on Mar, 14 2010 @ 12:30 AM
link   
What I am seeing here is that some of the responses are based on that persons perception of God (their God). This post is about the Christian God.

posted on Mar, 14 2010 @ 01:01 AM
link   
Maybe because suffering is part of the journey back to Him.

posted on Mar, 14 2010 @ 01:19 AM
link   
God will never give you more than you can handle, and will never forsake you.
Who is anyone to say that an amputee must haves his/her limbs restored to be of worth?
We all have what we have and dont have what we dont have because of God.
We are to thank God for all that happens to us, both the good and bad.
Its a thing called faith.
"Thank you God for this trouble and trying situation you have blessed me with, grant me the courage and wisdom to learn from it what you want me to, to do your will in response and not mine"
Bottom line, every thing is created by him
Congrats on a well conceived thread OP, You have used your God given talents well.

posted on Mar, 14 2010 @ 01:28 AM
link   
reply to post by reasonable

God doesn't care if you have arms or legs...loves you anyway.
God doesn't think you need arms and legs. The legs are for your convenience and so that others will love you - being complete. If you are of good character and a decent human being people will still love you even without the arms or legs. You must need the character building if God doesn't answer the prayer.

posted on Mar, 14 2010 @ 01:29 AM
link   
God inspired the folks that made new legs for this man.Who continues to inspire and renew faith among many. Including the able bodied! So in reality, God did replace his legs by giving other men and women the skill to make them!
Dana Bowman Golden Knight

[edit on 14-3-2010 by Zeptepi]

posted on Mar, 23 2010 @ 11:33 PM
link   
The Christians seem to be missing a critical thing. When Christians pray for things, they ask their God and according to them, God gives it to them. If Christians ask for good health and they don't get sick God did it. If Christians ask God for someone to be healed of Cancer and they go into remission, God did it.

So God either must not accept the prayers for amputees or he chooses that particular affliction to ignore.

If your prayers are answered, wouldn't there be a statistical difference between your (and your fellow Christians) quality of life and those non Christians around you??

There isn't a different, so God cannot be answering your prayers.

posted on Apr, 12 2010 @ 05:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by colec156

Originally posted by Haydn_17
Because he would have to come back and land his spacecraft, along with his heavenly host (army) I belive jesus was an alien..

My thoughts exactly.

I still hold the thought that what we know as god / gods, were an alien race or as the sumerian's stat in their history, there were 3 races of aliens.

Hence the gods.

The aliens were gods, we're also aliens, we're also gods, though quite unaware because of our veiling.

edit: soo many typos in one sentence... I need to be more present lol

[edit on 12-4-2010 by 4stral4pprentice]

posted on Apr, 13 2010 @ 08:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by fooks
"God helps those that help themselves"

That's a funny quote. To me, it means that god is useless.

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 04:35 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 12:38 AM
link   
I think this is really simple to understand (why God doesnt heal amputees). But in order to understand you must really know what wisdom is in the bible. The reason most people have trouble with Christians and the body of Christ as a whole is because Christians are very divided. Jesus stated that a house divided against itself can not stand multiple times. I read virtually this whole thread and some who claimed to be Christians,were breathing fire for the body but were lost and while some others were dead on and claimed to know nothing.

God doesnt heal those who don't want to be healed pure and simple. I can gather a million people to pray but if that person doesn't want to be healed they wont. What you say this cannot be well its true free will you cant spiritually impart your will upon anyone. There are conditions that have to be met in order for a miracle (if we want to use that word) to take place.

I am gonna start small and please work with me here people lol. I wont use scripture as anyone Christian or not can read the gospel and will find these words. For the the holy spirit is a gift to us all and speaks to us and though us. the bible is just a map to get us moving in the RIGHT direction.

Is its Gods will for me to be sick,lame,hurt, and anything of the like. Answer no as spoken by the man himself "I come to do my fathers will." Your fathers WILL you say well Jesus if your healing and driving out demons and and and and healing and driving out demons you must be doing something wrong I mean your father gave us these disEASES and infirmities, Jesus answer"I come to do my fathers will, A house divided against itself cant stand." ah man Jesus quit speaking in riddles to me speak plainly please will you heal me then, Jesus says "If you are willing." I say I am am. He says "Then let it be done." Wait so I just had to be willing. You didn't lay on any hands or sprinkle something on it, or ...I think you get my point.

Lets make this scientific for a moment if 3 guys a missing a finger. And they pray to be healed and all 3 get their fingers back. Guy A is pentecostal he lays hand and speaks in the holy spirit. Guy B is taoist he does whatever they do. Guy C is Hindu. All 3 get there finger back scientifically whats the constant (remmebr basic science in grade school)...the guy is the constant. You say WTH that makes no sense and I agree except you would be looking at it as is rather that as it should be. MAN is never one he is always all men always 2 flesh and the spirit. When 2 stand as 1 nothing can stand before him, he could say unto this mountain go over there and it will go, but becasue of lack of faith. the 2 are almost never 1 for the majority of the body of Christ. (On a side note brothers and sisters stop believing what the deceiver says also stop ready scripture from the bible the bible must be taken as all or nothing. I mean by this is dont pull a scripture out of context and make it to fit your way. For example I hear alot well the scriptue about two people standing together praying to god and he is in the midst of them guess what.....one the flesh two the spirit makes what a house fit for god. because the house is no longer divided against itself. if my memory serves that whole chapter had to do with Paul talking about subduing the flesh.

a crap my head is hurting i could go on but this kinda will start to tie into Einsteins theory of relativity and then get really freakin weird lol

to change your futue you must change your past to change your past you must believe one simple truth "all things are possible thru him who believes"
ex: I got a ticket when I was sixteen i went to my father he tells me all the crap thats gonna happen at the court house how i cant beat city hall got to pay my fine yada yada yada. So i went and sure enough it happened. (this past event of my fathers, was a stand in as past event for me as I had no knowledge of what could or couldn't happen so I excepted his as my future and it was) so I grow spiritually life is great get another ticket. Bam here comes that past event creeping up again same ticket same result. Happened again but this time I said I am changing my past that controls my belief gues what happened ....got off scott free no ticket i didnt even say a word to the judge. I even agreed with hime on everything. So here is how I simply did it every day as time drew near to the court date and I would start worrying about it i would stop clear my mind and say I am not paying these crooks a dime every time for about 15 days. Get it I changed my futue by changing what I believed the future outcome would be regardless of what had happened multiple times before. As you believe so be it unto you...not one truer word ever spoken. Oh and one other thing before i go smoke. Jesus said that god doesnt except praise from man that you should seek rather his praise..kind like when a dove came down and god spoke this is my son in whom i am pleased. Thats what we should be hoping god will say about us.

new topics

top topics

<< 41  42  43   >>

join