It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why won't God heal amputees?

page: 40
<< 37  38  39    41  42  43 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 6 2009 @ 05:16 PM
link   

posted on Dec, 6 2009 @ 05:22 PM
link   
reply to post by elle.mental

Very interesting story.

Do you by any chance know if the footage is available anywhere?

posted on Dec, 23 2009 @ 07:27 PM
link   
reply to post by AshleyD

Do you by any chance know if the footage is available anywhere?

Funny this is about amputees and you mention "footage."

We generate new skin all the time. Bones fuse together with new bone. Why not limbs...Perhaps God is waiting for us humans to find the way to regenerate limbs. God cares more about our souls. The body is a means to a life lesson...the body is also always evolving.

[edit on 23-12-2009 by The Motorcycle Boy]

posted on Jan, 7 2010 @ 04:00 PM
link   
I am a double amputee and I would never expect God to heal it because at the very minimum, if God exists, I don't think God really cares as much as some people want to think.

Just my opinion.
Feel free to attack me if you want I am not afraid.

posted on Jan, 7 2010 @ 10:42 PM
link   
Maybe he didn't heal this person because the whole goal of the experiment was to prove that he didn't exist...so in that light God gave them exactly what they asked for!

posted on Jan, 8 2010 @ 08:32 PM
link   
I am positive God can do just about 'everything'.. You quoted the bible, so will I "Though shall not temp the Lord thy God"...

You sure have spent some energy in trying to prove to us that there is no God. May I suggest that you might try to spend an equal amount of energy in trying to prove there is a God?

I have never seen God, I spot read a book called the Bible that has been authored by Man. I do feel common human emotions (anger/jealousy/spite/doubt...emotions that make me act out in sin--sin according to the bible), I make decisions at times that are so wrong. I had a crappy child hood, I am tired of seeing bad, bad, bad all over my tv and internet. I am drawn to this site and this site is based on lies, theories, opinion... BUT the end could justify the means, "the end" meaning truth...

Yet I still believe in God (Biblical God and Jesus) with all my heart... When the God question pops into my head, I spend my time trying to prove that he exists rather than the opposite.

Please tell me, if there is no God, what is the alternative? I can't fathom that thought. I am more apt to accept that there is a God rather than the alternatives.

Please put your belief into practice and you and yours try to heal the amputees (even medical science - can doctors/science heal amputees now?). You can't say you don't believe in something, because the fact that you don't believe proves you believe in not believing... Your faith is in not believing... I don't think I want that kind of faith, I can only imagine what not believing is like, I can only visually think that it would be like being locked in a dark/cold room and you have no idea which way to step...

Take care...

posted on Jan, 8 2010 @ 09:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by reasonable
whywontgodhealamputees.com...

A brilliant read and I challenge any christian to debunk it -in fact it already takes into consideration many scenarios of christian response. So then.. what do christians think of this? How much more proof could someone need?

For this experiment, we need to find a deserving person who has had both of his legs amputated. For example, find a sincere, devout veteran of the Iraqi war, or a person who was involved in a tragic automobile accident.

Now create a prayer circle like the one created for Jeanna Giese. The job of this prayer circle is simple: pray to God to restore the amputated legs of this deserving person. I do not mean to pray for a team of renowned surgeons to somehow graft the legs of a cadaver onto the soldier, nor for a team of renowned scientists to craft mechanical legs for him. Pray that God spontaneously and miraculously restores the soldier's legs overnight, in the same way that God spontaneously and miraculously cured Jeanna Giese and Marilyn Hickey's mother.

If possible, get millions of people all over the planet to join the prayer circle and pray their most fervent prayers. Get millions of people praying in unison for a single miracle for this one deserving amputee. Then stand back and watch.

What is going to happen? Jesus clearly says that if you believe, you will receive whatever you ask for in prayer. He does not say it once -- he says it many times in many ways in the Bible.

And yet, even with millions of people praying, nothing will happen.

No matter how many people pray. No matter how sincere those people are. No matter how much they believe. No matter how devout and deserving the recipient. Nothing will happen. The legs will not regenerate. Prayer does not restore the severed limbs of amputees. You can electronically search through all the medical journals ever written -- there is no documented case of an amputated leg being restored spontaneously. And we know that God ignores the prayers of amputees through our own observations of the world around us. If God were answering the prayers of amputees to regenerate their lost limbs, we would be seeing amputated legs growing back every day.

Oh this is so silly. Yeah and why won't God give us a cure for HIV and why won't he resurrect Michael Jackson so we can put him in prison for pedophilia? God does not interfere with this world. He gave us all free will and what happens, happens. Him coming down and manipulating everything completely defeats the concept and purpose of having free will.

posted on Jan, 8 2010 @ 09:33 PM
link   
Well you do know lizards grow there tails back and some can even grow three legs back. Maybe there the only creature God sees worthy of this miracle and the rest of us have some catching up to do.

posted on Jan, 11 2010 @ 04:05 PM
link   
I don't believe in faith healing in the christian sense, I do believe, however, that humans, with the proper focus and concentration, can learn to use and manipulate the energy around themselves to effectually "heal" the energy that encompasses their own bodies and eventually the bodies of others. A common form of this energy healing would be Qigong. These healing science-arts seem to the outsider to be of a religious connotation, but in reality are completly secular in nature. If you would like to know more about this topic, you can check out a book called, "The way of Qigong," by Kenneth Cohen, PhD.

posted on Jan, 12 2010 @ 04:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by reasonable

Originally posted by saint4God

Remember also that praying isn't commanding a servant to do your bidding, praying is asking God for us to do His.

[edit on 24-11-2009 by saint4God]

That answers absolutely nothing. Are you trying to imply that amputees must be non-believers if their limbs will not regenerate from prayer?

have you not heard of prosthetics?

or the origins of plastic surgery to help those burnt in world wars?

not long now till he'll have a pair of cybernetic legs operated by cranial implant if nerves cannot be reconnected.

This whole God thing is not about a physical crutch, or a genie in a bottle, its about life on earth, I think God has shied off direct intervention since all that biblical trouble with the you know whos...

If you are looking for a genie in a lamp... let us all know when you find one

posted on Jan, 13 2010 @ 09:52 AM
link   
man too easy...first of all you'd have to understand that 'heaven' and the after-life is MUCH better than the time we have here....so, understanding that you'd come to the conclusion that since we're here for such a brief time ..whatever happens here good or bad makes no difference..this is too easy to answer. Why is this so hard to wrap your mind around?

If God says we are to be troubled here in our days on earth..but look to me for salvation..cause when you DO leave this earth you'll be in a much better place.

there you go. So...amputated or not in a short short time you're outta here anyway.

posted on Jan, 13 2010 @ 09:12 PM
link   
Why wont "god" heal amputees
This ones easily answered by anyone with half a brain,

"god" is make believe a figment of way to many peoples imagination, not real,
"god" is just as likely to heal an amputee as Homer Simpson.
just writing what we all are thinking

posted on Jan, 14 2010 @ 04:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by gsuboy

Oh this is so silly. Yeah and why won't God give us a cure for HIV and why won't he resurrect Michael Jackson so we can put him in prison for pedophilia? God does not interfere with this world. He gave us all free will and what happens, happens. Him coming down and manipulating everything completely defeats the concept and purpose of having free will.

That is the most ridiculous thing I've ever read this year!'
I have to ask, are you serious?

many people are dodging the question and answering in the most bizarre ways. Do believers have any sense at all?

Some say, he's not a magician of fairy god mother who hangs around granting wishes...fine, I don't think he does that either, if I thought he were real at least.

But, I will say this though...

There are many people who have been "miraculously" healed by the "power of the lord". Some of these cases range from people who are crippled, have cancer, dying from some unknown disease, winning the lottery, etc.

FACT: Many people pray for things and get them, many others pray for things and get nothing. My coworker once told me, pray and God will answer you. I don't know what he means by answer...I mean, "no" can be an answer too right? But...so many people believe that God will bring you through and that he has the power to correct all things.

But, there is something very wrong with this. It's the fact that, on what basis does god grant wishes? Because, clearly it's not something any of us can understand. I mean, the man(god) lets millions and probably billions of praying people starve, die, suffer etc, while the other half get everything they ask for, and says God is responsible for it. Is it that the half that don't get squat are doing something wrong? Is it that god plays favourites? Or is it that he "works in mysterious ways"?

People need to become aware of something...karma, or what people think of as karma does not exist. Why am I bringing this up? Because, humanity is everywhere, the world turns, things happen and there are too many of us for good things not to happen, or bad things to happen to. # happens, regardless of who you pray to, why you're praying, how good you are, how bad you are, what you did in the past etc. The point is simple...what goes around comes around, only because the world is spinning. Do you honestly think if there were 5 people in the world and 1 person did something bad, that that exact same thing would happen to him. Maybe, it might. But, with 5 people existing...chances are slim that it would happen. Now, if there were 6 billion people on the planet and someone did something bad, how possible is it for that thing called karma to come back and kick him in the butt? It's a lot more likely, I'll tell you that.

All of this comes down to numbers. And I've shown you why and will show you why again!

If 1 million people get cancer and all of those people pray to be miraculously cured...I'm sure a few of them will have success stories about how one day they woke up and didn't have cancer and they will attribute this to God. That's a fact, because it has happened already and is still happening to day. Now, why didn't God miraculously heal the other people, some of whom may be more spiritual, have more vital roles in society and may be kinder, more caring, more deserving people? Why didn't he cure them? But, it's not important that he didn't cure them, what's important is that he cured some of them.

Now...how come, not one single amputee in recorded human history has never been cured miraculously like this? And that's what the OP is asking. Not why God hasn't helped them...but...why, not one person, not one case, out of the millions of people who were praying to cured, or helped was miraculously healed, as other diseases have claimed to be in the past? Why not one?
No one is asking God to cure ALL the amputees and fix everybody up, but think about it...it's almost as if...God CAN'T cure amputees! The man can walk on water, heal the blind and arise from the dead, but making a right-leg appear is impossible to do? God hasn't cured 1 amputee in all of human history. Why? All other diseases(except for AIDs and a few others) are child's play in his eyes, but he refuses to interfere with amputees. He really does work in mysterious ways, doesn't he.

He's such a mysterious man. He must get all the chicks!

posted on Jan, 14 2010 @ 11:35 PM
link   
reply to post by sdrawkcabII

No. God could do anything he wanted, but if he heals one then he has to heal the rest or he is not morally perfect anymore. End of story.

posted on Jan, 15 2010 @ 01:55 PM
link   

No. God could do anything he wanted, but if he heals one then he has to heal the rest or he is not morally perfect anymore. End of story.

And it's SO hard for a God who made everything we see in nature to heal his creations?
Pffftttt, natural Christian b.s. cop-out.
God does not get involved down here.

posted on Jan, 15 2010 @ 04:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by PublicDefenseCorp

And it's SO hard for a God who made everything we see in nature to heal his creations?

No...he could heal anything he wanted yet he chooses not to. I'm pretty sure that's what I've said at least twice.

posted on Jan, 15 2010 @ 10:41 PM
link   
Very interesting thread OP, highlighting the inconsistency of the power of prayer. Typical christians jump on retorting their usual curcular argument....because the bible says so....because its Gods will, using useless quotations from this man-written novel to prop up their failing arguments. The problem with religion is not the non-believers, but the believers of another. How many deaths thoughout history have been caused by believers? Us non-believers dont give a rats a$$ about who Joe next door is worshipping or who Ahmed up the street prays to at night but we certainly care when these people start denying us our civil liberties of freedom and the right to live in peace whatever we believe. If you ask me, the world would be a much safer and saner place if science were around earlier to explain that which God has been given credit for, for thousands of years. After all, faith is just a cop out for the things we cant explain, slowly but surely science will take its place, this time supported by documented credible evidence.

posted on Jan, 15 2010 @ 11:32 PM
link   
it's not that he won't do it, just he doesn't care either way. sure, he's there but he's not watching you, or him, or her. he doesn't care.

posted on Jan, 16 2010 @ 02:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by PublicDefenseCorp

No...he could heal anything he wanted yet he chooses not to. I'm pretty sure that's what I've said at least twice.

So explain to me the simple math? Explain to me the numbers!

He can "miraculously heal" the blind, lepers and even people with cancer and unknown diseases that doctors can't cure(even, in recent times personal testimony of this by religious folk is still fairly common), but not once, not even in biblical times, has he healed an amputee? The numbers don't add up my friend!

What you're saying isn't true...because, many people have claimed to be healed by God before...and other people who suffer from the same ailments, and sometimes more or less severe ones end up dying, or suffering all their life. So, what was it you were saying again?

What about when God's answers prayers that have nothing to do with sickness? It's the same thing...he answers some, but not all. By YOUR logic, he shouldn't answer any prayers to begin with!

And just who the hell gave you a star?!?!?!

posted on Jan, 16 2010 @ 03:46 AM
link   
God ~does~ heal amputees.

Why don't you see that?

Amputees that can participate in sexual reproduction will give rise to offspring that are not amputees. Their children will develop along the lines of the usual DNA coding for two legs and two arms, etc.

I guess you are impatient?

You do what you do. God does what God does. Are you watching the clock??? Are you expecting something to happen quicker? Quicket than what? Quicker than God's schedule? How? Nothing will occur before God allows it.

Time is the slippery variable here. You are not understanding time.

new topics

top topics

<< 37  38  39    41  42  43 >>

join