It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why won't God heal amputees?

page: 36
<< 33  34  35    37  38  39 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 30 2009 @ 04:49 PM
link   
reply to post by A Fortiori

Wow. I contributed something new to this discussion. I wonder if I should post it in both places? I think I will.

Christ mate that's worth a thread to its self lol

posted on Nov, 30 2009 @ 04:57 PM
link   
Moocow,

you must know that I have long respected you, never once called you a simpleton behind your back. I must know. Do you honestly think that the fifty million baiting Christian threads on ATS are necessary? Are they suddenly going to read a post of yours and the lightbulb of atheism flash over their head relieving them of the need to worship a higher power?

Why is this unprecedented level of trolling allowed to occur thread after thread after thread?

Can you explain it? Because I cannot. The same posters post the same arguments over and over again.

These threads are like watching Sisyphus roll his rock up the mountain.

posted on Nov, 30 2009 @ 05:02 PM
link   

That is an excellent question and much deserving of an answer. All I can say is: I wish that he would, my friend. I wish that he would.

Ah, wishing won't get you any where matey, you gotta have faith

I tell you the truth, if you have faith and do not doubt, not only can you do what was done to the fig tree, but also you can say to this mountain, 'Go, throw yourself into the sea,' and it will be done. If you believe, you will receive whatever you ask for in prayer.

posted on Nov, 30 2009 @ 05:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by moocowman

That is an excellent question and much deserving of an answer. All I can say is: I wish that he would, my friend. I wish that he would.

Ah, wishing won't get you any where matey, you gotta have faith

I tell you the truth, if you have faith and do not doubt, not only can you do what was done to the fig tree, but also you can say to this mountain, 'Go, throw yourself into the sea,' and it will be done. If you believe, you will receive whatever you ask for in prayer.

You forgot to ask for a prayer offering. 10 % is good

posted on Nov, 30 2009 @ 05:23 PM
link   

*wipes eyes from laughing so hard*

Omigosh, I am blown away by the wit! Christian tithing is always good for a chuckle. I've never heard that before in fifty million redundant threads on ATS. Oh. Wait.

*scratches head* I have heard that one before. Like...eighty times on ATS alone.

Can you give me another one? How about the one about the priest and the little boy who walked into a closet? Or maybe you can tell me the one about the Evangelical and the waitress?

Those never get old. Unless, of course, they're on every single thread that has anything to do with religion...then they get old and start looking as lame and as "last year" as a Fall Out Boy album and emo hair.

Aren't there any new rants against God, Christians, believers, etc?

Because if there aren't then I suggest doing everyone a favor and limiting this ATS version of Sharks and Jets to a single thread.

posted on Nov, 30 2009 @ 05:28 PM
link   

Are they suddenly going to read a post of yours and the lightbulb of atheism flash over their head relieving them of the need to worship a higher power?

Probably not, However if these individuals are open minded enough to be members of ats then there may be hope of them in asking themselves some questions.

I'm not out to attempt to destroy peoples faith, I could develop one myself one day who knows. All I'm asking is that they keep it to themselves unless asked.

Why is this unprecedented level of trolling allowed to occur thread after thread after thread?

There was an attempt to define "trolling" on a previous thread RE this issue, all I can say is, if I post a thread in the hope to challenge they know where the off button is.

Can you explain it? Because I cannot. The same posters post the same arguments over and over again.

Not too long ago, quite a few people that were considered to be ignorant,illiterate and bottom of the pile, kept putting up an argument the best they could. Over and over they put up the same argument, at the end of the day they failed to have their argument heard.

They were terrorized,robbed,raped ,tortured and killed because of it, many chose the easier path of compliance. The mindset that did the robbing, torturing and killing is still alive and well but kept in check through constant debate.

There's nothing wrong with words dude, we can always choose not to read them. However there are some words that we would be forced to read and accept, if the keepers of those words have their way.

posted on Nov, 30 2009 @ 05:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by moocowman

Are they suddenly going to read a post of yours and the lightbulb of atheism flash over their head relieving them of the need to worship a higher power?

Probably not, However if these individuals are open minded enough to be members of ats then there may be hope of them in asking themselves some questions.

Open minded has nothing to do with redundancy and bull-baiting. These threads are redundant and filled with the same arguments, same posters, etc. One thread could serve the same purpose.

These threads have ceased to provide any new material, have not enlightened anyone on any subject matter--least of all decorum, and in my opinion and my opinion only are a safe "free speech" haven for trolls.

I'm not out to attempt to destroy peoples faith, I could develop one myself one day who knows. All I'm asking is that they keep it to themselves unless asked.

Check out the OP. It was the atheist who asked.

There was an attempt to define "trolling" on a previous thread RE this issue, all I can say is, if I post a thread in the hope to challenge they know where the off button is.

If a tree falls in a forest and no one is around to hear it fall is it still a troll.

Not too long ago, quite a few people that were considered to be ignorant,illiterate and bottom of the pile, kept putting up an argument the best they could. Over and over they put up the same argument, at the end of the day they failed to have their argument heard.

They were terrorized,robbed,raped ,tortured and killed because of it, many chose the easier path of compliance. The mindset that did the robbing, torturing and killing is still alive and well but kept in check through constant debate.

There's nothing wrong with words dude, we can always choose not to read them. However there are some words that we would be forced to read and accept, if the keepers of those words have their way.

Can we leave Karl Marx and Lenin out of this? Please.

posted on Nov, 30 2009 @ 05:41 PM
link   
Last I heard God gave us free will and well, we are pretty much f'ing that up.

posted on Nov, 30 2009 @ 06:03 PM
link   
Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him God? - Epicurus

posted on Nov, 30 2009 @ 06:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by grahag
Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him God? - Epicurus

That is a good quote. I'll give you that. Here is a better quote that I absolutely adore, is highly appropriate for threads such as these. To Mr Dudle, wherever you are, I salute you!

Originally posted by MrDudle
Maybe he doesn't do miracles because you touch yourself at night. On a serious note, god doesn't exist, nor is there any intrinsic value in anything. And if you are telling us that by saying god doesn't exist that means we are polluting your thread then you are just closed minded!!!!!!!!!!!!!! RAWR I R MAD!!!!!!!!!!! Nah...basically dude/dudette you asked for thoughts. We give thoughts. If you don't like our thoughts then I suggest leaving?

[edit on 30-11-2009 by A Fortiori]

posted on Nov, 30 2009 @ 06:28 PM
link   

Actually, I was just trying to be friendly. I totally agree with you 100%.
However, just like there are always three sides to every story.there are always those who agree with it, those who don't, and those who always say its the same story.Maybe you should come up with something different.Perhaps maybe a thread entitled Same S%&$ Different Day. Naa, No one would probably have anything to say. Oh well I guess Evil vs Good gets people going.

posted on Nov, 30 2009 @ 06:34 PM
link   
My apologies.

It isn't that I want another thread. It is that there are fifty of these threads existing and they all degenerate the same way. Are we adults or are we high school students.

If the point is to just ad hominem attack and flame each other, at least not trick people into thinking that this "new" thread will be any different than the others.

Use one of the existing threads.

posted on Nov, 30 2009 @ 06:42 PM
link   

Totally agree. However I think that there should be some sort of statute of limitations on theses existing threads. I look at it as though is sour milk. Besides ATS has people coming and going all the time. Wouldnt want them to miss out on anything. humm, I guess theres no solution

posted on Nov, 30 2009 @ 06:48 PM
link   
reply to post by moocowman

How funny the truth can be huh guys. Op if you and reas did

convert us all to atheism lmao What would you both do.?
:lol

You would both be lost.

posted on Nov, 30 2009 @ 07:22 PM
link   
The closest thing I can think about from the Bible is Jesus restoring the withered hand.

The Man with a Withered Hand Mk. 3.1-6 · Lk. 6.6-11 9 ¶ And when he was departed thence, he went into their synagogue: 10 and, behold, there was a man which had his hand withered. And they asked him, saying, Is it lawful to heal on the sabbath days? that they might accuse him. 11 And he said unto them, What man shall there be among you, that shall have one sheep, and if it fall into a pit on the sabbath day, will he not lay hold on it, and lift it out? Lk. 14.5 12 How much then is a man better than a sheep? Wherefore it is lawful to do well on the sabbath days. 13 Then saith he to the man, Stretch forth thine hand. And he stretched it forth; and it was restored whole, like as the other. 14 Then the Pharisees went out, and held a council against him, how they might destroy him.

www.bartleby.com...

If it is possible given something like this then God can restore an amputee. Perhaps it would take Jesus returning to earth. You might not expect it from today's 503c Churches that cannot even condemn wars. You would expect many many phony "miracles," or to think about it, there are many crutches at Lourdes and Fatima, but no prosthetic legs. The problem is "ye of little faith." But it is also that people who do not need signs and wonders but who have that faith, receive even greater rewards.

[edit on 30-11-2009 by SkipShipman]

posted on Nov, 30 2009 @ 10:12 PM
link   
That's a really thought provoking question? For fun go to a Benny Hinn service and ask him over and over and over. Kind of like when a kid asks "What time is it"?

posted on Nov, 30 2009 @ 10:21 PM
link   
also God won't be very thoughtful towards you if you are so cynical to his work. this is a direct attack and a direct test to the power that he obviously shows us every day.

i'd say there is a chance if the people praying are genuine in their intentions and the amputee is in good will with the Lord... but as for the addresser of this thread and the quote, I doubt you will ever see a miracle like so with an outlook and preconceptions like that

and if you've read anything theological, God can also answer "no"

[edit on 30-11-2009 by Myollinir]

posted on Nov, 30 2009 @ 10:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by A Fortiori

Originally posted by Delmus
Why won't god keep people from starting rediculous threads online?

[edit on 30-11-2009 by A Fortiori]

then why not start now , lets create a god like that and in time when the word has been spoken and people has gathered mabye god will preform an act throu someone and we can call it a act of god or miracle ?

posted on Nov, 30 2009 @ 11:11 PM
link   
I read most of the replies if someones has said this already then I appologize.

This is a really simple one for me to understand but to many this will go in one ear and out the other.

Jesus said (Mathew 17:20)" Because you have so little faith, I tell you the truth, if you have faith as small as a mustard seed, you can say to this mountain move from here to there, and it will move. Nothing will be impossible for you."

This was said in regards to his disciples having trouble driving at a certain kind of demon. They were able to perform many miracles just a Jesus had done, healed many and raised the dead and all that, but couldn't over come this one demon.

Now back to the scripture. Can we really comprehend the amount of belief, or should I say disbelief, in our current reality, that we could fathom or would even understand or well I can't even put it into words. What level of belief that would move a mountain, and neither could his disciples. Its sort of like in the matrix where Morpheous tells Neo to jump off the building and he says, "You must dismiss all doubt and disbelief."

Could many, if any of us, fathom what mental gymnastics it would take to accomplish that? I think not very many or even none of us could.

To make a long story short, the bible covers this doubt and disbelief, it can be done. But because the self righteous who think they have jesus and the laws all sowed up can't do it, am i supposed to believe that they are right and Jesus is wrong when he clearly states many times that nothing is impossible to those who believe. No I choose to believe the word of God.

I caution and implore people to stop listening and repeating all the garbage anyone who claims to be christian spills. I have seen more crap on these boards by those who claim to know christ or those who claim to persecute christ and his followers. Right left doesnt matter, there is only one church, one god, one way that leads to salvation and that is through Jesus Christ, and when you know Jesus and walk with his messenger, who will guide your spirit, you will find you can do much others claim to be impossible.

p.s. How many christians out there knew when you called on the name of Jesus for salvation he will send an angel to guide you...look it up its in the bible (new testament) not coded or interpretted, written in plain letters. Or how many know that the true way to pray to god is in the spirit...again its written in acts plain letters...we as christians need to stop picking and choosing what we believe and only believe and teach what is written

posted on Nov, 30 2009 @ 11:21 PM
link   
adults with imaginary friends aren't funny! Why would you make a thread asking them to talk to their imaginary friends about healing somebody with a serious condition?

top topics

<< 33  34  35    37  38  39 >>

join