It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why won't God heal amputees?

page: 35
<< 32  33  34    36  37  38 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 30 2009 @ 03:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by Agree2Disagree
Trying to understand the principles of God and His ways is like trying to understand how 1+1=483,291,730,363,581,370.74 You can't do it.

Yes you can. What if 1+1 represents the answer divided by 2.

posted on Nov, 30 2009 @ 07:38 AM
link   
i ain't no Christian but still would like to say it is most common way of people who do not believe in god , to question who believe.

Basically you(one who started thread) have gotten wrong sense of ,why people believe in god. For you need some hard laboratory experiment of something that is extra ordinary. You think if god exists he should grow legs, eliminate all the wrong doings and world should be a heaven with no sorrows.

And according to your belief Jesus should have been ruler of the world and should have had all the pleasures of the world on his feet because he was supposedly son of god, the creater himself. Rather then being crusified he should have demonstrated earth shaking event the land where he was crucified should have torn apart and all the rome and monarchy should have collapsed into the endless pit and then the pit should have closed.

So my dear friend for you, people believe in a man,who couldn't save himself , to save themselves from cancer , amputations , ills of society etc etc . SO basically you don't know anything about Christianity or any religion . So lesson number one to you is that Religion teaches a person to bear anything and everything as a will of god. That is a starter go and get some knowledge about religions.

And dont mix religious minded people with fanatics like crusaders or islamic terrorists , basically they are the most unreligious people . No one has control over anyones beliefs so dont mix em up with believers.

posted on Nov, 30 2009 @ 07:49 AM
link   
I have a question. What is the purpose of threads like these?

Why won't God heal amputees?

It is just more religion/Christian baiting, and there are fifty million of these on ATS. I leave for awhile and come back to yet ANOTHER thread like this.

I can predict the next couple of threads.

Why doesn't God stop abortions?
Why doesn't God prevent guns from going off?
Why doesn't God prevent drought?
Why didn't God heal my constipation?

Every single thread like this is a joke because it does not intend to promote real dialog, it is just a grenade. I look and see the same posters playing out their same role with the same arguments.

You post with these people regularly and still you bait them and knowingly poke at their sensitivities...and to what purpose? Moocow, what do you honestly get out of these threads? You make the same arguments, they make the same arguments...doesn't it sound like a broken record at this point?

Does anyone actually think they will change someone's mind? Especially the way you are going at it.

shakes head

We have the hardcore atheists, the apologists, the evangelicals...same players, same arguments. I think honestly that no one really intends anything to come from threads like these, they are just a method of feeling superior to someone else.

While you're at it...why don't you bring up abortion?

posted on Nov, 30 2009 @ 07:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by moocowman
reply to post by Komodo

In the mid to late 80's, I've personally have seen a young man's left leg in a full leg cast from being shattered in 10 places from being a victum of a hit and run on a Wednesday night and after being prayed for, came back on Sunday morning with it off with xrays to prove it..

If this incident was documented and proved true beyond reasonable doubt, then it is simply a case of a mans' injury healing quicker than normal.

The allegation that prayer was involved is simply coincidental, unless one could could prove that the prayer had a direct effect on whatever process took place,

Even if one could in fact prove that the leg healed quicker and that another humans words or thoughts were somehow linked. You would then need to prove any involvement of an invisible being in the sky but not only this but it was the same invisible being in the sky that you are referring to.

Needless to say, there is no proof that your invisible man in the sky actually exists, so any claims to what it does are equally unprovable.

It would appear that since there is no proof of the existence of a guy in the sky and no proof of amputated limbs being regenerated then both are simply imaginary.l

intresting because this is exactally what the pharasies said to Jesus to .. My reply will be the same as his..

"Don't belive me, then believe in the WORKS that I do, and you determine if the miricles are from the Father or not.." ..

instant healing is and ALWAYS has been considered a miracle ..
)

and yes.. in a world where everyone should prove EVERYTHING to Everyone..

it just don't work that way with F.A.I.T.H

)

posted on Nov, 30 2009 @ 07:58 AM
link   
reply to post by A Fortiori

so god has the power to contribute to all thous factors yet all he/she/it does is nothing

talk about bad parenting

posted on Nov, 30 2009 @ 08:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by zerbot565

so god has the power to contribute to all thous factors yet all he/she/it does is nothing

talk about bad parenting

And you make that remark, then I would take the bait and say something snarky, then someone else will jump in, and blah blah blah.

The thread will eventually die off when a new thread appears stating:

Jesus was Horus and that makes Christians pagan worshipers.

Nah. No thanks. I'd rather just sit back and just contribute my personal feelings about the nature and purpose of these discussions. That's more fun for me.

posted on Nov, 30 2009 @ 08:12 AM
link   

and yes.. I totally agree with you on this.. why, .. for the very reasons you've just stated..

posted on Nov, 30 2009 @ 08:32 AM
link   
reply to post by Komodo

Yes, exactly. These "new" threads serve absolutely no purpose whatsoever. The mods should just direct people to one of the other eighty million threads of this nature. It is a faith issue and those who do not have faith will always argue the same positions, and those that do will argue the same positions, and no one is ever able to convince anyone else.

It's quite insane if you think about it. The same threads over and over with different titles.

posted on Nov, 30 2009 @ 08:40 AM
link   
reply to post by reasonable

This question has as much merit as "WHy won't God give me a million dollars?" You know why? God could, but it's up to us to learn what life is about, the Amputtee can get prostetics and be just as fuctional as a fully healed amputee, so therefore it is placed right before us, it is our job to go after it. I am reminded of the man floating in the water at sea, asking God for rescue, up comes a boat He tells them "god will save me" And then comes a helicopter offering help he says"no thanks' God will save me" he then goes on to drown, he goes to heaven and asks God why He didn't save him, God responds "well, You sent away the boat and the helicopter I sent you."... enough said!

posted on Nov, 30 2009 @ 09:02 AM
link   
When you ask WHY what you're really asking is "Why was I ever born?" Clue:it's something you're parents did...Little children ask why alot because they haven"t come to understand that "LIFE" is complecated and hard to understand. There doesn't seem to be a guarentee that if you play by "the rules" everything will "work" for you...

Religions seem to be a stop gap that only work as long as really BAD things don't happen to you...When the worst happens people tend to lose their faith...I talked to a VIETNAM vet once .He said he lost his belief in the Christian "God" in Cambodia when he walked through the "killing fields"...think about it...

posted on Nov, 30 2009 @ 09:32 AM
link   
reply to post by Komodo

"Don't belive me, then believe in the WORKS that I do, and you determine if the miricles are from the Father or not.." .. instant healing is and ALWAYS has been considered a miracle

Nope it's only considered a miracle by those who choose to believe it, to anyone else it's hearsay or imaginary.

posted on Nov, 30 2009 @ 10:48 AM
link   
Hi MooCow, fancy meeting you here.

What an interesting and provocative thread! I'll say! All of you have really gone overboard to prove this point AGAIN. The last fifty threads on this were just warm up for this exercise in learnin' them dumb xians a lesson!

What's next on the agenda? Oh, yes! The Crusades--or is it the Spanish Inquisition? I can never remember which item we are supposed to bring up after talking about how God didn't cure someone's genital warts.

*snaps finger*

I remember now! Abortion clinic bombing, right? No--wait. Wait. Don't tell me. The war in Iraq! That is entirely the fault of Christians, too.

Are we done yet?

Here. Let me sum up.

God never heals anyone. If you think he did you are a lunatic or wishful thinking.
There is no proof that God exists, ergo all religious and spiritual people are wrong.
Christians are evil, everyone else is not.
Christians cause all the problems on earth, greed and power are just "ruse" motives to distract people from the real evil of Christianity.

Did I about cover it? Or do we want to argue this point out further until the next thread on the topic arises and casts this one to the back burner?

posted on Nov, 30 2009 @ 11:21 AM
link   
You know, I believe I have something new to contribute. MooCowMan asked another poster if there were Christians that didn't believe in "healing".

Well, the Baptist conference believes that because of the rejection of the Holy Spirit there will be no more healings.

From Baptist Bible Publications:

Because of their inability and refusal to rightly divide the word of truth (II Tim. 2:15), the Charismatics operate under the false assumption that these signs are still in effect today and that it is THEIR duty to fulfill them. This is why we have charlatans like Oral Roberts and Jim Baker living in mansions and begging people for money.

Wow. I contributed something new to this discussion. I wonder if I should post it in both places? I think I will.

Because I was told that there is value in discussing this subject in two places at once.

posted on Nov, 30 2009 @ 01:52 PM
link   
Guys!

I found the answer on another thread. God doesn't answer prayers because you touch yourself too much. I hadn't realized the answer was so simple or intellectual.

Originally posted by MrDudle
Maybe he doesn't do miracles because you touch yourself at night. On a serious note, god doesn't exist, nor is there any intrinsic value in anything. And if you are telling us that by saying god doesn't exist that means we are polluting your thread then you are just closed minded!!!!!!!!!!!!!! RAWR I R MAD!!!!!!!!!!! Nah...basically dude/dudette you asked for thoughts. We give thoughts. If you don't like our thoughts then I suggest leaving?

posted on Nov, 30 2009 @ 02:50 PM
link   
" According to Dr. Cynthia Illingworth, children up to the age of eleven can regenerate fingertips! According to the doctor, "One day, owing to a misunderstanding, a child with a guillotine amputation of a fingertip, whom the Senior House Officer had intended to refer to a plastic surgeon, had the finger covered with a simple dressing, and in error was not seen again for several days. The finger was healing beautifully and there was eventually complete regrowth of the tip. We now know that this happens in young children." The length, contour, and function of the finger is completely restored! "

regrow

"That powder is a substance made from pig bladders called extracellular matrix. It is a mix of protein and connective tissue surgeons often use to repair tendons and it holds some of the secrets behind the emerging new science of regenerative medicine.

"It tells the body, start that process of tissue regrowth," said Badylak.

Badlayk is one of the many scientists who now believe every tissue in the body has cells which are capable of regeneration. All scientists have to do is find enough of those cells and "direct" them to grow."

finger

" Last week, I posted a short piece here about scientists discovering methods to make the spine regenerate in rats. In a related story, some other scientists are working on
digit and, in the future, limb regeneration.

An extract of pig’s bladder is marketed by a company named Acell Inc, which is used to regrow ligaments in horses, and is also now approved by the federal government for use on people. This compound has already been successfully used to regenerate the fingertip on a man who was involved in an accident with a table saw. "

regeneration

posted on Nov, 30 2009 @ 03:23 PM
link   

Hey dud how you keeping

What's next on the agenda? Oh, yes! The Crusades--or is it the Spanish Inquisition? I can never remember which item we are supposed to bring up after talking about how God didn't cure someone's genital warts.

Aw c'mon dude gives us heathens a bit more credit than that, it's coming up to jesus' birthady and we're all planning our seasonal attack lol

God never heals anyone. If you think he did you are a lunatic or wishful thinking.

And yet again we're in total agreement but perhaps you'd be better off explaining it to the xtians who are into this sorrt of stuff----

There is no proof that God exists, ergo all religious and spiritual people are wrong.

Agreed on the first point but the first doesn't prove the latter

Christians are evil, everyone else is not.

Some evil people happen to be xtian some evil happen to be atheists, some evil people happen to wear Hawaiian shirts, hey who's counting ?

Christians cause all the problems on earth, greed and power are just "ruse" motives to distract people from the real evil of Christianity.

Again I have to disagree, it would appear that xtaianity caused and is causing huge problems on earth.

Did I about cover it? Or do we want to argue this point out further until the next thread on the topic arises and casts this one to the back burner?

Hey, I can do this all day long you know it I know it we both know it, and I will until ---

posted on Nov, 30 2009 @ 03:27 PM
link   

Guys! I found the answer on another thread. God doesn't answer prayers because you touch yourself too much. I hadn't realized the answer was so simple or intellectual.

Christ dude, if there were any truth in what in what some people teach their kids about what jesus thinks about touching oneself, I'd be in the queue for jesus to regenerate a limb, and no one that I need to walk with either lol

posted on Nov, 30 2009 @ 04:00 PM
link   
Moocow, I am doing well. I'm sorry I missed a few grenades. How's this:

Greed doesn't kill people, Jesus kills people.

OR

Politicians don't kill people, Jesus kills people.

OR

Guns don't kill people, Jesus kills people.

OR

Drug traffickers don't kill people, Jesus kills people.

How's that? I can keep going.

It was Jesus, not Stalin, that killed 20 million Russians during the Cold War.

It was also Jesus that decided all girl babies in China had no value and forced sterilizations on women.

In his spare time, he created the chemical weapon program used by the Japanese against the Chinese during WWII, and passed it along to Saddam Hussein.

Castro and Che were closet Catholics and that's the real reason they were killing people in Cuba and South America.

Idi Amin was an evagelical Christian, so was Pol Pot...they were just pretending to be atheists to throw people off the scent.

Let's not forget that Jesus also created nuclear weaponry over a glass of wine.

Yes, these threads are always so productive. Do you feel better? I certainly do. I'll be posting this on the other threads as well since, well, there are so many of them.

posted on Nov, 30 2009 @ 04:24 PM
link   
Why won't god keep people from starting rediculous threads online?

posted on Nov, 30 2009 @ 04:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Delmus
Why won't god keep people from starting rediculous threads online?

That is an excellent question and much deserving of an answer. All I can say is: I wish that he would, my friend. I wish that he would.

[edit on 30-11-2009 by A Fortiori]

new topics

top topics

<< 32  33  34    36  37  38 >>

join