It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why won't God heal amputees?

page: 34
<< 31  32  33    35  36  37 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 29 2009 @ 05:18 AM
link   
reply to post by EMPIRE

Because it's what we are made of.

You have a spirit and you have a body, they are two very different things that make you a person. Kind of like a cab and a driver make a cabbie.

Some Cabbies think they are the Cab other think they are the Driver. But a good Cabbie enjoys his job either way. How does a person not look like he is getting help if he enjoys his life?

We all have a divine spark in us so when we help ourselves it is the devine helping itself.

I mean look at the guy with no arms in the video I posted. To tell me that he is not helped by his own divinity is foolish.

posted on Nov, 29 2009 @ 05:30 AM
link   
reply to post by Izarith

Because it's what we are made of.

????

You have a spirit and you have a body, they are two very different things that make you a person. Kind of like a cab and a driver make a cabbie.

What does this have to do with God helping those who help themselves?

Some Cabbies think they are the Cab other think they are the Driver. But a good Cabbie enjoys his job either way. How does a person not look like he is getting help if he enjoys his life?

What does this have to do with God helping those who help themselves? Who needs a doctor, one who is terminally ill or the one who is in good health? Concerning your question, I think you need to clarify it.

We all have a divine spark in us so when we help ourselves it is the devine helping itself.

So when people can’t help themselves what is that? They’re missing this “divine spark” or is it on vacation?

I mean look at the guy with no arms in the video I posted. To tell me that he is not helped by his own divinity is foolish.

The guy in the video has no divinity, and nothing you’ve said remotely addresses the question.

Again, if people are helping themselves, why do they need God to help them?

posted on Nov, 29 2009 @ 05:50 AM
link   
reply to post by EMPIRE

LOL!

Is it my purpose in life to make you understand the question you asked me?

Am I your new god who is here to help you understand?

You asked a question, I gave my answer.

Apparently you have strong feeling about a God being real, please don't take them out on me.

I'm not here to convince you of anything. If you think that your a decaying sake of meat whose only purpose is to die in a meaningless mistake it's no biggie. Have fun.

But if you would like to see your own divinity and how truly special and unique you and all the rest of us are try helping yourself understand yourself and don't expect me to spoon feed you the mysteries of life.

posted on Nov, 29 2009 @ 05:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by reasonable
whywontgodhealamputees.com...

A brilliant read and I challenge any christian to debunk it -in fact it already takes into consideration many scenarios of christian response. So then.. what do christians think of this? How much more proof could someone need?

For this experiment, we need to find a deserving person who has had both of his legs amputated. For example, find a sincere, devout veteran of the Iraqi war, or a person who was involved in a tragic automobile accident.

Now create a prayer circle like the one created for Jeanna Giese. The job of this prayer circle is simple: pray to God to restore the amputated legs of this deserving person. I do not mean to pray for a team of renowned surgeons to somehow graft the legs of a cadaver onto the soldier, nor for a team of renowned scientists to craft mechanical legs for him. Pray that God spontaneously and miraculously restores the soldier's legs overnight, in the same way that God spontaneously and miraculously cured Jeanna Giese and Marilyn Hickey's mother.

If possible, get millions of people all over the planet to join the prayer circle and pray their most fervent prayers. Get millions of people praying in unison for a single miracle for this one deserving amputee. Then stand back and watch.

What is going to happen? Jesus clearly says that if you believe, you will receive whatever you ask for in prayer. He does not say it once -- he says it many times in many ways in the Bible.

And yet, even with millions of people praying, nothing will happen.

No matter how many people pray. No matter how sincere those people are. No matter how much they believe. No matter how devout and deserving the recipient. Nothing will happen. The legs will not regenerate. Prayer does not restore the severed limbs of amputees. You can electronically search through all the medical journals ever written -- there is no documented case of an amputated leg being restored spontaneously. And we know that God ignores the prayers of amputees through our own observations of the world around us. If God were answering the prayers of amputees to regenerate their lost limbs, we would be seeing amputated legs growing back every day.

ok .. this is going to take an exigesus in scripture to answer.. and will take a very long reply to which I don't have the time right now.. and I'd really like to talk to my wife over this because her and I have BOTH been healed with and without prayer..

Does my heart go out to amputess? VERY much so~!! However, there are many many 'things' in individuals which hinder the process of divine healing..

but healing is healing.. reguardless of if it's amputees or HIV victums.. but I will add this..

In the mid to late 80's, I've personally have seen a young man's left leg in a full leg cast from being shattered in 10 places from being a victum of a hit and run on a Wednesday night and after being prayed for, came back on Sunday morning with it off with xrays to prove it..

his cast was only on for 2 weeks..

posted on Nov, 29 2009 @ 05:59 AM
link   
reply to post by Izarith

Another person on ATS who simply throws logic out of the window. Saying "God helps those who helps themselves" is very limiting and downright comedy.

posted on Nov, 29 2009 @ 06:13 AM
link   
reply to post by EMPIRE

Well hopefully I at the very least made you laugh.

What would ATS be with out all the people like me who supposedly so comedically throw logic out the window.

Just imagine ATS filled with nothing but sad people who are in some kind of twisted Divine hating amoral logic that would ponce on a kind word toward the divinity of their own existence. People like you who can't understand an answer given because they care not to help themselves to try.

Hell I bet they would not even see the irony in of our exchange of posts, would they? Do you?

May god help them and you, aw what would be the use never mind. After all god help people who help themselves.

[edit on 29-11-2009 by Izarith]

posted on Nov, 29 2009 @ 10:38 AM
link   
reply to post by moocowman

Xtianity the greatest conspiracy on earth, welcome to the make it up as you go along Big Blag.

1Early on the first day of the week, while it was still dark, Mary Magdalene went to the tomb and saw that the stone had been removed from the entrance. 2So she came running to Simon Peter and the other disciple, the one Jesus loved, and said, "They have taken the Lord out of the tomb, and we don't know where they have put him!"

Very clever. The problem is this was written from Mary's perspective. She thought the Lord's body had been removed. It didn't dawn on her that he was resurrected.

[edit on 29-11-2009 by dusty1]

posted on Nov, 29 2009 @ 10:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by Izarith
reply to post by EMPIRE

After all god help people who help themselves.

Iz, nice intent of your post, but I have to correct your error:
No where in the Bible does it say "God helps those who help themselves". Not only is the verse not in the Bible, but the concept is not in the Bible. To the contrary, we cannot help ourselves, which is why we need a savior. This fact is self-evident in our own lives and the condition of the World.

posted on Nov, 29 2009 @ 12:15 PM
link   
“Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?
Then he is not omnipotent.
Is he able, but not willing?
Then he is malevolent.
Is he both able and willing?
Then whence cometh evil?
Is he neither able nor willing?
Then why call him God?”

quote by Epicurus

posted on Nov, 29 2009 @ 04:10 PM
link   
reply to post by reasonable

god takes away someone's legs for a reason. Everything happens for a reason. By your logic somebody could pray for: everyone to die, the planet to blow up, the ability to fly, or even God to uncreate the universe! I can think of a long list of things ,but i think you can see where I'm going with this...God has the power to do anything, but that doesn't mean his going to follow orders from you.

posted on Nov, 29 2009 @ 04:45 PM
link   
reply to post by dusty1

1Early on the first day of the week, while it was still dark, Mary Magdalene went to the tomb and saw that the stone had been removed from the entrance. 2So she came running to Simon Peter and the other disciple, the one Jesus loved, and said, "They have taken the Lord out of the tomb, and we don't know where they have put him!"

Very clever. The problem is this was written from Mary's perspective. She thought the Lord's body had been removed. It didn't dawn on her that he was resurrected.

You cannot possibly know that this was written from Marys' perspective as you weren't there.

Nevertheless , she says "don't know where they have put him!"
which clearly implies that she knew he was "taken" by someone.

Your deceleration of certainty in this matter is rather perplexing considering you weren't there and the gospels, which were written 50 - 100 years after the event was alleged to have taken place, contradict themselves.

Whoever authored and compiled these did not get the story straight and your assertions can be no more or less valid than any other.

How many women came to the sepulcher?
John 20:1 Only one woman went, Mary Magdalene.

Matthew 28:1 Mary Magdalene and the "other Mary" (Jesus’ mother) went.

Mark 16:2 It was sunrise when the two women went to the sepulcher.
John 20:1 It was still dark (before sunrise) when Mary Magdalene went alone to the sepulcher.

There were two angels seen by the women at the sepulcher and they were standing up. Luke 24:4

There was only one angel seen and he was sitting down. Mark 28:2-5

How many angels were within the sepulcher?
John 20:11-12 two,
Mark 16:5 one.

posted on Nov, 29 2009 @ 05:36 PM
link   
reply to post by pumpkinorange

The bible says a lot of things.

It says that your supposed to kill a cow and give it as a burnt offering as a sweet savor unto the lord depending on your sin.

It says Jesus was a Jew and had nothing to do with anyone who was not.

It also says one should not trust the writings on a human man.

Actually in the bible the only book that says that Jesus will come back and save your believing heart is in Revelation the rest of the new testament says than that one should follow in the steps of Jesus.

The bible is a collection of a few scrolls chosen by people who wanted to instill a religion. There are many, many other scrolls that pertain to the teachings of Jesus.

All writings are nothing but dead letters put on a piece of parchment. The actual word of God is the meaning you derive from them. The word of God is your own gospel.

I am a Gnostic Cristian, so I will not be holding my breath and waiting for any savior but myself.

I know, I know, what heresy right.

posted on Nov, 29 2009 @ 06:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Izarith

Why not just call yourself a Gnostic? Why add the word "Christian"? Absolutely nothing you listed as biblical in your message is acutally in the Bible. Why do you need to make up nonsensical excerpts that don't exist?...more simple for you to say you don't believe in Jesus Christ.

posted on Nov, 29 2009 @ 06:55 PM
link   

Exactly, there is no reason to beat around the bush with any of that. All you have to do is say it.

posted on Nov, 29 2009 @ 07:49 PM
link   

I will call myself what I wish to call myself I will also believe in who I wish.

It's called freewill, If you have free will why should not I have free will as well?

I am a christian who believes in the teachings left by a man the son of god as are we all named Jesus Christ. The teachings I have learned from are not only in your bible but also in the codex of the Nag Hammadi library. I call my self a Gnostic Christian and there is nothing not even you burning me at the stake that can change that.

Just because I do not fully agree with a book that could be used to fuel fire, one that says I must believe in a specific fact or burn in hell for eternity. Does not mean I am not a Gnostic Christian who believes in Jesus and the Trinity.

I just don't believe that Jesus was her to teach us to be groveling worshipers waiting for his return to be saved while he kills all the rest and sentences them to eternal damnation. What kind of Sick @#$% would do a thing like that?

A truly benevolent being who has the knowledge of the divine wound only wish to guide those who wish to learn, so they can reach the understanding of their own divinity.

Does a good human father demand worship from his children? Or does he himself worship his children and hopes they grow up well?

Between the spirit and the soul you have the mind, try using it for a change.

posted on Nov, 29 2009 @ 08:09 PM
link   
Trying to understand the principles of God and His ways is like trying to understand how 1+1=483,291,730,363,581,370.74 You can't do it.

posted on Nov, 29 2009 @ 08:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Izarith

You're once again asking questions, but you can't even explain how God helps those who helps themselves. So what happens to those who can't help themselves?

posted on Nov, 29 2009 @ 09:03 PM
link   
Man's conception of God is skewed to say the least. We've mythologized the almighty to the point that he is no different from any pantheistic deity. We see God as a healer and bringer of justice and at the same time we use him as a scapegoat for every bit of violence and mishap that WE create. We pray to God for selfish things when what we should be doing is praying for an end to the worlds' problems.
A child is assisted with walking when he starts learning how to do it. After awhile the child must learn to walk on its own. WE as a race are no different. Sure, the Almighty could very well cause limbs to grow back- but why couldn't we do that as well? My four kids can dress themselves so why should I be the one to dress them?
If a man loses his limbs and science can definitely restore them then the only thing preventing it would be HUMAN sloth and lack of inventiveness. God did not cause the accident why would it be on his head?
We've been given amazing tools and the brain to figure out how to use these tools. I believe that when we can care enough about each other to the point where loss of limb and/or grave injury can be prevented and remedied then we will find God in the least likely of all places- the human heart and soul.

posted on Nov, 29 2009 @ 09:06 PM
link   
reply to post by R0BCROW75

I can agree with this, and more people should look to how we can help our fellow man.

[edit on 29-11-2009 by EMPIRE]

posted on Nov, 30 2009 @ 03:12 AM
link   
reply to post by Komodo

In the mid to late 80's, I've personally have seen a young man's left leg in a full leg cast from being shattered in 10 places from being a victum of a hit and run on a Wednesday night and after being prayed for, came back on Sunday morning with it off with xrays to prove it..

If this incident was documented and proved true beyond reasonable doubt, then it is simply a case of a mans' injury healing quicker than normal.

The allegation that prayer was involved is simply coincidental, unless one could could prove that the prayer had a direct effect on whatever process took place,

Even if one could in fact prove that the leg healed quicker and that another humans words or thoughts were somehow linked. You would then need to prove any involvement of an invisible being in the sky but not only this but it was the same invisible being in the sky that you are referring to.

Needless to say, there is no proof that your invisible man in the sky actually exists, so any claims to what it does are equally unprovable.

It would appear that since there is no proof of the existence of a guy in the sky and no proof of amputated limbs being regenerated then both are simply imaginary.

l

top topics

<< 31  32  33    35  36  37 >>

join