It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why won't God heal amputees?

page: 15
<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 25 2009 @ 07:01 AM
link   
reply to post by moocowman

Why do you feel you are equal to God? Ever think that maybe just maybe there is no reason to prove himself to you? If you don't want to see him and everything around you then so be it. You will get your just deserts upon the hill. Maybe once you see him face to face you'll beg him for forgiveness (which he will grant out of pure love for you even though you despise Him) which he has done for atheists that were about to go to hell and called upon him. He sent them back to Earth to spread the message. Do the research. Near death experiences are one of the best pieces of evidence for the existence of God. Also, unlike some neurologists would like you to believe they don't happen while you're dying they happen after you die. Seek and you shall find the truth. He is there fool!

posted on Nov, 25 2009 @ 07:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by reasonable
whywontgodhealamputees.com...

A brilliant read and I challenge any christian to debunk it -in fact it already takes into consideration many scenarios of christian response. So then.. what do christians think of this? How much more proof could someone need?

For this experiment, we need to find a deserving person who has had both of his legs amputated. For example, find a sincere, devout veteran of the Iraqi war, or a person who was involved in a tragic automobile accident.

Now create a prayer circle like the one created for Jeanna Giese. The job of this prayer circle is simple: pray to God to restore the amputated legs of this deserving person. I do not mean to pray for a team of renowned surgeons to somehow graft the legs of a cadaver onto the soldier, nor for a team of renowned scientists to craft mechanical legs for him. Pray that God spontaneously and miraculously restores the soldier's legs overnight, in the same way that God spontaneously and miraculously cured Jeanna Giese and Marilyn Hickey's mother.

If possible, get millions of people all over the planet to join the prayer circle and pray their most fervent prayers. Get millions of people praying in unison for a single miracle for this one deserving amputee. Then stand back and watch.

What is going to happen? Jesus clearly says that if you believe, you will receive whatever you ask for in prayer. He does not say it once -- he says it many times in many ways in the Bible.

And yet, even with millions of people praying, nothing will happen.

No matter how many people pray. No matter how sincere those people are. No matter how much they believe. No matter how devout and deserving the recipient. Nothing will happen. The legs will not regenerate. Prayer does not restore the severed limbs of amputees. You can electronically search through all the medical journals ever written -- there is no documented case of an amputated leg being restored spontaneously. And we know that God ignores the prayers of amputees through our own observations of the world around us. If God were answering the prayers of amputees to regenerate their lost limbs, we would be seeing amputated legs growing back every day.

This is a juvenile, self centered view of god. It is the supposition that god is only good and the god is a he and that god answers prayers. This construct is pretty much incorrect and the premise is erroneous.

One cannot begin to comprehend god. ONe cannot begin to suppose they know god or god's works or what god should or should not do.

God simply is and you are a byproduct of gods grace living or dead.

If people weren't such self absorbed twits, there would be a lot less spurious arguments about who or what God is.

posted on Nov, 25 2009 @ 07:11 AM
link   
reply to post by reasonable

God does this all day long for people. He even gives animals new limbs. It's not that he isn't doing it, it is that you aren't recognizing who he is or what IT is.

See what is true and you will see a glimpse of God. No Tricks, just see reality, see God who is called "LORD OF HOSTS". You are a host. I am a host, she is a host, they are a host, all together we are the HOST...The LIVING GOD. Do you see anyone else making descisions? Do you see anyone else wiping away tears. Do you see the truth?

Let me ask you. Are you aware of where every white cell in your body is at at this moment and what it is doing? Got any cuts that by miracle just heal with out you even needing to pay attention?

"Who is as blind as my servant?"

All you need to worry about is loving one another. That is all. You are met in your needs everyday by God. You can't make your imagination reality when reality is not imagination.

Reality is born, just as you have seen your whole life. You see truth always, you live in the light. Dark things want to scurry into the dark, not loving the light.

Christians are trapped under a deed, that guilt has the title too. They don't know they are rushing headlong to be seperated from the body. They don't consider the body, but it is the body what has been made solid and not vice versa. Yet the body is temporary but the spirit eternal, so the spirit must be born again...literally Man Woman = Baby New generation. The baby or "head of God" will retain around a 10% of the living characteristic of the parents. In essence they will become 10% of the parents a living link. When the parents have passed they are remembered to the children and live IN THEM. Just enough memory to remember, but just enough to forget and this is Good for it seemed so in YOUR site father.

The faith needed for an amputee is that they be provided with a prostetic limb. Regenerated yes, but of different materials some of which will last years past a persons expiration. Miracle ( which just means "smile" people...look it up) is what I'd call it. Fricken Miracle.

God IS the WAY, God IS the TRUTH, God IS THE LIFE. See those three characteristics as they are and you will see God...not all of him, but you're in his presence even now. Lift up your keyboard he is there. Chop down a tree, he is there. He's everywhere you want to be. You couldn't shake him and live, he is your life.

Akuna Mattada

JESUS wake up...it's time to get up or your going to be late.

Peace

posted on Nov, 25 2009 @ 07:18 AM
link   
Why won't God heal amputees?

God has foreseen what events will occur in this individuals life, and will allow them to occur until the individual has reached a level of understanding towards their purpose and reason for being on this planet. Once we have illustrated that we are willing and able to be good to others in times of fortune as well as in times of suffering, our test will be passed. We would have then earned our right to experience real happiness and true bliss.

While your article was a rather humorous attempt, you have failed greatly to degrade the name and teachings of the Ultimate Reality responsible for creating this world. While you laugh and chastise this Ultimate Reality using your limited reasoning and problem-solving skills, he will experience a sensation of sadness that one of his creations is so lost.

P.S. The Bible contains truths and non-truths. It has been translated and edited throughout history and this suggests that as a whole, it cannot be trusted as the literal word of God.

Do you really believe that you are here by chance? Do you really believe this is all just a massive coincidence? Do you really believe that the universe is just the result of random events?

[edit on 25/11/2009 by Dark Ghost]

posted on Nov, 25 2009 @ 07:21 AM
link   
why doesnt god heal amputees?........because there isnt one....go on...you can say it...screw religion and the mess its made on earth

posted on Nov, 25 2009 @ 07:25 AM
link   
So what has the spaghetti monster said about you're soul, spirit, heart and mind? That is what every skeptic and atheist avoids while continuing to confuse religion/institutions of men with spiritual reality. I am the first to blame organized religion for this, but it is a juvenile light to bask in as it leads to ignorance of the metaphysical. No one wants to talk from the heart and speak about their soul. Everone is to busy trying to be perceived as "strong men and women" and " objective intellectuals" to be honest while approaching the spiritual wilderness.

More on topic...why did Jesus say to people "don't tell anyone" after healing them? Might there be a reason? How about when he said not to pray in public and about hiding physical signs of fasting? Why did he speak in parables and obscure his message making the truth of his words understandable to so few people?

I am beginning to think the atheists and unbelievers of the world are right where they were meant to be in their spiritual lives (aware or not).

posted on Nov, 25 2009 @ 07:27 AM
link   
Please guys.

The fight between good and evil is happening, where NWO is the evil - hope that you guys will stay seated here in front of your screen, whether its a PC or a TV - hoping that you will keep on staying there as slaves...

Stop the nonsense and get out, start investigate and find answers, thou that is the point.

Stop arguing that God doesnt exist etc - where is your proof ?

only one thing is for certain: the only thing you know, is that you dont know....

posted on Nov, 25 2009 @ 07:32 AM
link   
Let's look at today's 'miracles'. An occasional person wakes up from a coma, someone manages to escape death or serious injury, someone ends up cured of a disease... It is hit and miss- not 'this person is righteous, therefore they got X'.

I have done some serious pleading/ praying to God (which devolved into demands and screaming after 20 years, but I digress). My requests were ridiculously simple: ONE woman, who I loved, and a job where I could use every last talent I have. Yes, I DID work hard to achieve these goals as well- I put forward all I had.

What happened: EVERYTHING went horribly wrong, time and again- even when I lost the woman to someone else- and just asked for the job. I went thru stuff I found no normal person ever has. I am now on disability, struggling thru life, fiddling in a 3d program... I'll be honest- my life's at an end. There's no joy, no goals, no contentment, and there's *certainly* not "Life: More Abundantly". I've heard every excuse from people as to why- including the snide, stupid moronspeak from certain people on ATS (you KNOW who you are).

Notice how small the ratio of answered prayers: asked prayers is- unless said person has large amount of money and an even bigger family... The discrepancy is huge. The ones who are broke, who are alone- all they get is lip service and 'Dont worry! God'll get around to you in HIS TIME'. Let's look at that, shall we? Why are the less fortunate in life the ones who always, ALWAYS hear this tripe? And almost as always from the rich, happy, fat believers? It points to 1 of 2 things for me: God doesnt exist, and the entire 'miracles' thing is nothing but dumb luck and what the church can put in motion thru whatever means, or God likes to jerk people around: "Johnny needs $5 for food, and watches as Mr Believer asks for $ for a new car, gets it, and is much happier". For those of you who don't think this happens- check out the church parking lots. See who has the most expensive car, or in cases I have seen lately, the restored antique sitting outside the front of the church like a showpiece. Where do the millions poured into churches annually go? If it went to the poor and less fortunate, Pastor wouldn't be getting a brand new car (or be restoring one) every couple years, have a huge house, and afford half a dozen kids.

So... Where's God, Allah, etc? Why doesn't Satan get a wild hair and perform a few miracles- make God look bad? *listens to crickets*

posted on Nov, 25 2009 @ 07:38 AM
link   

Why doesn't Satan get a wild hair and perform a few miracles- make God look bad? *listens to crickets*

Because Satan truly has no dominion over anything other than what God grants him. Satan is there to test our will and yes he exists as well. Satan is a pawn! Demons are one of the most terrifying things on this Earth and if you ever encounter one you'll be praying God casts it from you. Again many documented cases.

[edit on 25-11-2009 by av8r007]

posted on Nov, 25 2009 @ 07:38 AM
link   
reply to post by wylekat

....But my dear friend. You dont find God in those churches with cars in front.
You already know that, so you can move on.

Other poor bastards dont know that, and they still believe that paying a lot of money to the church helps them.....

Follow your own path, keep on asking questions and you will get the answers

posted on Nov, 25 2009 @ 07:42 AM
link   
Im definately not a christian, but I do believe in a higher power, and I respect the historical figure and insight that was jesus, among many other prophets.

God does not intervene in the world. It is all up to us. We're the ones here who are supposed to be growing and learning. If god did everything for us, what good would that be? No, god does not intervene. Maybe, only in small small way that could always be construed as chance. but he is not going to do Magic in front of our eyes.

In the bible it says and on the 7th day god rested. God is resting, letting his creation unfold.

This is a rather gross topic and disrespectful in my opinion.

also

Don't construe "GOD" with other peoples definition of god, because really, no one knows.

[edit on 11/25/2009 by VonDoomen]

posted on Nov, 25 2009 @ 07:42 AM
link   
reply to post by av8r007

Why do you feel you are equal to God? Ever think that maybe just maybe there is no reason to prove himself to you?

As I've not yet seen any evidence showing there is such an entity ( regenerating limbs would go a long way) then this is a moot question.

I do seem myself as equal to everything else though

If you don't want to see him and everything around you then so be it
hey if he's real he's the one hiding

You will get your just deserts upon the hill. Maybe once you see him face to face you'll beg him for forgiveness

Hey, he's quite welcome to come to my place for coffee anytime I'm not the one making demands.

(which he will grant out of pure love for you even though you despise Him)

How can I possibly despise something that is probably not real ?

He sent them back to Earth to spread the message.

Makes you wonder how he screwed up the first time

Do the research.

I did, hearsay is not evidence

Near death experiences are one of the best pieces of evidence for the existence of God.

No, NDEs are evidence of something that has not been measured and hearsay

Also, unlike some neurologists would like you to believe they don't happen while you're dying they happen after you die.

And this is only evidence of itself and nothing else, hey I'm not asking for a day out in white noise, a simple regeneration of limbs is good enough for me to prick up my ears

Seek and you shall find the truth. He is there fool!

Ah you can always fall back on name calling.

Yet another post completely unable to address the OP with any merit

Next

posted on Nov, 25 2009 @ 07:51 AM
link   

Count me in!!! If you are sincere about setting up such a thing I am willing to participate as one of your prayer partners!

posted on Nov, 25 2009 @ 07:52 AM
link   
reply to post by av8r007

Because Satan truly has no dominion over anything other than what God grants him. Satan is there to test our will and yes he exists as well. Satan is a pawn!

I point this out, and find myself buried neck deep in words- but hey- let's do this again:

God controls satan. Satan does what God says to do. Therefore, God is the one screwing us round and round- he just has a flunkie to do his lightwork. God created evil to do the things he knew he couldn't. Nice way to circumvent his own rules, methinks.

posted on Nov, 25 2009 @ 07:52 AM
link   
i would say there is a few reasons it wouldn't work.

your doing the prayer and getting others to do the prayer to tempt god to prove he is real to satisfy your urge to be able to prove everything's existence in your life..

just a hunch lol

it's the equivalent of saying you prayed to god for a million dollar's..your whole life and never got it so god must not exist.
your prayer in and of itself is intended to be greedy..thus why would god then say ..YEah this guy need's a million dollars he prayed to me...think about it...

posted on Nov, 25 2009 @ 07:53 AM
link   
The Question was: "Why won't God heal amputees?"

The answer is: He will, and he does, it might not be the way you want it to be (spontaneous growth) but it usually gets done (prosthetic limbs, wheelchairs etc.).

So maybe it's just the way we see these miracles that bother us. We want to see a "Michael Bay miracle" and when God doesn't give it to us we claim he doesn't exist??

posted on Nov, 25 2009 @ 08:01 AM
link   
What if God was one of us...?

posted on Nov, 25 2009 @ 08:04 AM
link   
reply to post by mrfire9

OR... what if one of us was god?

Think about it

posted on Nov, 25 2009 @ 08:04 AM
link   

In re: OP

Life isn't a video game and God is not your mother. Life is about choices and consequences. If God answered 'yes' to every request, we would all be as uselessly spoiled and maladjusted as many children growing up today with parents that simply do not know the word, 'no'.

You have a mind and free will. You make choices and for those choices, there are consequences. Sometimes they are good. Sometimes they are hardly noticeable but others leave a scar. Man chooses to drive automobiles, fly in planes and go to war. There are risks and lessons that come with every moment of everyday of our lives. We can learn from it or neglect it for bitterness and spite.

The choice is ours.

Peace

Edit: Typos

[edit on 25-11-2009 by redoubt]

posted on Nov, 25 2009 @ 08:07 AM
link   
reply to post by av8r007

As I've not yet seen any evidence showing there is such an entity ( regenerating limbs would go a long way) then this is a moot question. I do seem myself as equal to everything else though

What gain is it to Him to return a lost limb? It's part of the learning process on Earth. Hardship equates to lessons learned and teaches us not to take things for granted. Yes you are equal to everything in this physical existence, but in Heaven you are not.

Evidence for God is everything. Look at this planet and how all these finely tuned systems ensure that this planet will not become just another gas giant or frozen chunk of rock. We are at the exact perfect location within our Solar System that this planet doesn't:

1) Burn up.
2) Freeze.

Can you fathom how rare it truly is for a planet to be in this perfect position? It's as if it almost never happens.

The big bang. The holy grail of Science was God himself. BOOM! Let their be light as they say. All matter and light exploded at ONCE! It truly is impressive and is truly amazing and probably one of the most powerful examples of God's power that mankind has ever been able to measure. Imagine the pure energy it took to create that explosion. Mind boggling.

The laws of physics can be applied across the entire Universe. Something made this so. In fact it would be much more logical that the Universe wouldn't be bound to laws and that things would merely come and go into existence at random, but obviously this is not the case. Quantum Physics I believe is the wavelength God operates on. At least when it comes to the physical world.

The complex system that you are literally sitting inside of. Your body. Think about how impressive that design is. Everything I hope runs like clockwork and you are able to maintain your health. Would that not be a miracle in and of itself? How you, myself, and everyone else on Earth start from a two tiny cells that multiply into what we become as adults. If that is not an intelligent and thought out design I have no clue what is. That is also a miracle.

hey if he's real he's the one hiding

No you are wrong, friend. He is right in your face. He is you. God wants you to return his love. I know you can do it. You just need more time to learn on this Earth and see that both objective Science and faith in God go hand in hand.

Hey, he's quite welcome to come to my place for coffee anytime I'm not the one making demands.

He is not of the physical Universe. He is beyond that. When you drink your coffee and relax reading your books or magazines that is Him providing that to you. So in that sense he has come to your place many times.

How can I possibly despise something that is probably not real?

You obviously have some vested interest against Him.

No, NDEs are evidence of something that has not been measured and hearsay.

One of my favorite NDE examples is one where a woman was having a complicated brain surgery. The doctors literally had to put her body in a state of near death. As close as you can be. She had no pulse or heartbeat. Brainwaves? None. But she was able to describe events that happened around here after they surgically killed her. Then she went through the "tunnel" and met with relatives and spoke with God. Her uncle brought her back after a while when they were done with the surgery. She did not wish to go and he pushed her soul back into her body. If you really want I will find the source for you. The doctors confirmed her claims of seeing what they doing while she was dead.

Ah you can always fall back on name calling.

In that regard I apologize. I want you to know the truth. It is both Science and God. They are same thing.

[edit on 25-11-2009 by av8r007]

new topics

top topics

<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join