It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why won't God heal amputees?

page: 14
<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 25 2009 @ 06:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by Dark Ghost
I advise you to read some threads made by Hidden-Hand and Illuminator13. While it is not certain if they were all that they claimed, they nevertheless presented some truly fascinating and interesting ideas. Definitely changed my whole outlook on the whole "God" question. Maybe you will find the answers you are looking for by browsing through their threads.

The point of this thread is not for me to personally find answers. The point is to expose lunacy of religion and the thread has been a huge success. The OP still goes unanswered.. nothing but delusional people pulling crap out of the air and making up whatever they can to explain why jesus will not heal amputees.

nighty night.

[edit on 25-11-2009 by reasonable]

posted on Nov, 25 2009 @ 06:21 AM
link   
reply to post by reasonable

DEBUNKED

posted on Nov, 25 2009 @ 06:27 AM
link   
The OP is being obtuse.

Do you have something personal about the Maker (name here)? Either you are entirely too full of hate or your just trolling for an argument.

posted on Nov, 25 2009 @ 06:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by randyvs

DEBUNKED

Yeah best answer you gave was basically you don't know why jesus will not heal amputees. And in your mind that Debunks the thread. Too funny.

Thanks, it's always good to have a big laugh before I got to bed.

posted on Nov, 25 2009 @ 06:33 AM
link   

Once again you had your azz handed to you and you can't take it so go nighty night.

Yeah best answer you gave was basically you don't know why jesus will not heal amputees. And in your mind that Debunks the thread. Too funny.

So when all else fails you just resort to straight out lying OP. One answer I will never give is I don't know.
That's intelligent.

[edit on 25-11-2009 by randyvs]

posted on Nov, 25 2009 @ 06:34 AM
link   
reply to post by downisreallyup

the difference between growing limbs, eyes, external organs, etc., and curing internal illnesses is quite easy to see. Healing internal illnesses is something that doesn't give such dramatic proof of a miracle.

That has to be the biggest load of bunkum I've ever had the misfortune of reading .

Hm so what you are saying is that proof is good but dramatic proof is not ?

Jesus heals illnesses but doesn't want anyone to know about it so he only heals illnesses that no one will notice.

How exactly does this work then ?

XTIAN "You should live like this Moo or you will be killed by jesus"

MOO Really ? He sounds like a twat why should I believe you ?

XTIAN: It is true thousands of people witness his miracles everyday

MOO : Show me

XTIAN: Mrs Smith had a headache see she's fine now

MRS SMITH : Yes indeed sireebob, ma headache is all gone yet more proof of the power of the lord repent MR Moo and be saved.

MOO : My baby' stepped on a mine will you heal her a like Mrs smith ?

XTIAN : Sorry Moo, Jeysus doesn't do outside work or everyone would believe and want to be saved, he only heals things which no one will know about, unless of they want to tell others and persuade them jeysus is real

With something as dramatic as growing limbs or other body parts, it would be such an unquestionable miracle for those who knew the person before the healing that it would remove any need for faith.

There is a spaghetti monster in the sky, but it doesn't want to make an appearance for you to know it's there, you must just accept it's there for no apparent reason other than someone else says you should.

Wigglesworth did have limbs grow and even rose people from the dead. Of course, you will doubt it, but that is to be expected from people who have no faith.

C'mon dude you just said jesus doesn't do limbs as this would be evidence he's real, you now try and present limb regeneration as evidence !!!!

What a make it up as you go along religion xtianity is

posted on Nov, 25 2009 @ 06:37 AM
link   
The power of prayer is the biggest conspiracy of all.

Ask anyone with a background in statistics to look it up. If prayer for anything worked then you would quickly find which is the real religion and which are fakes. If evangelican christians were the correct path, they would suffer from hugely less rates of any disease, would be better off, longer life expectancy , the list goes on.

The trick would be to find the pockets of cities or towns which were highly religious and see what their average stats were. Unfortuently there is no relation between which religion you choose and the diseases you suffer or are cured from.

Japan has the highest life expectancy and only a tiny christan population, so that can't be it. I'm quite confident Christians in the USA of pray for the health of babies yet the USA has a very high infant mortality for a western nation.

I might pray asking that it not rain tomorrow and just because it doesn't rain, doesn't mean my prayers have been answered. I might pray and ask someone to be healed of cancer and they are, doesn't mean prayer had anything to do with it.

Think of this slowly. If your religion is the one true religion and you believe that God answers your prayers and the prayers of your fellow worshippers then there will be a statistical difference between yourself and the followers from everyone else on earth.

But it simply isn't there. There is no different. You will be very statistically similar to someone else in your same economic, geographical situation but different religion.

There is nothing. Just be happy.

posted on Nov, 25 2009 @ 06:38 AM
link   
reply to post by AUM68

He will show each and every one (around 6.5 billion ppl) that he can grow an extra arm. how long will it take for every people in the world to experience it ? Then consider that people that are beeing born meanwhile also have to line up.

What so the line is too long for jesus to handle for goodness sake your talking about the alleged omniscient/omnipresent/omnipotent.
The job is too big ?

It was his freaking idea to begin with dude !!

That is total nonsense reply to why jesus doesn't heal amputees

NEXT

posted on Nov, 25 2009 @ 06:40 AM
link   
Well, let me burst you smug little bubble here. A simple answer to this silly little question? OK.

It all goes back to something really stupid the Jews and Israelites did 2 thousand years ago. They triggered the curse of Malachi. And looking at the book of Hosea chap 5 and 6 it turns out that this curse is supposed to last 2 thousand years.

Literally the world has been cut off from "God" for thousands of years.

And the most terrifying part of all this? I actually know the answer to this question.

Hosea 5.
13 When Ephraim saw his sickness, and Judah saw his wound, then went Ephraim to the Assyrian, and sent to king Jareb: yet could he not heal you, nor cure you of your wound.
14 For I will be unto Ephraim as a lion, and as a young lion to the house of Judah: I, even I, will tear and go away; I will take away, and none shall rescue him.
15 I will go and return to my place, till they acknowledge their offence, and seek my face: in their affliction they will seek me early.

posted on Nov, 25 2009 @ 06:40 AM
link   
The answer is easy... God/Jesus do not exist. I have yet to see one shred of evidence to the contrary. You can't use the bible as proof as it just seems to be a very well written story. I believe the need to "believe" and follow a religion has damned us as a race to move on in our evolution and thinking.

posted on Nov, 25 2009 @ 06:47 AM
link   
When you chose to look only to the ground at your feet, it is impossible to see the horizon.

posted on Nov, 25 2009 @ 06:48 AM
link   
reply to post by moocowman

well, of course its nonsense - I was just trying to draw a picture why those who doubt never will find an answer...
NEXT yourself

posted on Nov, 25 2009 @ 06:50 AM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

Let me rephrase. This is not from anything," I think". It is from what I know. The Father will not allow Jesus to be present here at this time to perform miracles. His presence is needed to make this type of healing possible. That is not to say it will not happen copy? your answer or At the white throne judgement we all get new bodies. Want me to go on? DEBUNKED AGAIN

So you have now Debunked what exactly dude?
The question was why doesn't jesus heal amputees you say the reason for this is- His father who is himself doesn't "allow "( god denies himself free will???) jesus himself to be present here ??

Dude did you miss the bit where millions of xtians are claimng witnessing jesus right here and now , and healing while he is hanging out ????

Are all these people deluded ??

Did jesus not say "the kingdome of heaven is here "?

Did he not say "I'm always with you" ?

Did he not say "Whatever you ask ------" ?

You've debunked the OPs question by putting forward the explanation "Jesus' dad won't let him out to play"????????????

posted on Nov, 25 2009 @ 06:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by benrl
When you chose to look only to the ground at your feet, it is impossible to see the horizon.

when you refuse to open your eyes you remain stupid

posted on Nov, 25 2009 @ 06:52 AM
link   

Interesting. I actually came across this article the other day and I thought it was nothing, but pure crap.

Read this one. Surely you'll think this is crap. Just the way it goes. Though I think this article offers more evidence than the overly redundant article you posted. I believe amputee was in the article at least 100 times. He just kept saying the same thing over and over. Boring read.

And the good stuff which was actually written by an ex-athiest:

www.everystudent.com...

[edit on 25-11-2009 by av8r007]

posted on Nov, 25 2009 @ 06:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by LordBucket
I find it very interesting that people "of faith" feel the need to suggest that regenerating a lost limb would interfere with free will,

Hopefully my posts have suggested otherwise. If they don't, the fault is mine surely.

of that only prayers that "god approves of" are granted, or any other excuse being offered. I don't think these are good excuses. If god can create the universe, then restoring a leg seems simple enogh.

Indeed it is.

But even the people who claim to believe in god act as if they believe that their prayers for a regenerated limb would not be granted.

Then they are lacking in faith. It's a flaw all believers have at least one time or another, myself included, but this does not mean there is a problem with faith nor God.

To the believers I ask: why wouldn't they be?

I'd like to echo that question. The only thing I ask is that when we ask it, we do so understanding that God is God and makes His own decisions contigent upon His greater wisdom.

So i repeat my suggestion from several pages ago: why not put it to the test?

I'm all for this project of praying for healing. We also need to recognize that God delivers at the time and method of His choosing and often, as I've come to see, not when/as expected. It's a rather pleasant surprise, but the fact I'm surprised shows a little lack of faith at times

posted on Nov, 25 2009 @ 06:54 AM
link   
reply to post by ntech

Literally the world has been cut off from "God" for thousands of years.

So who the hell is healing all the sick through prayer??

Oh no ! Joe Pesci is god ?

posted on Nov, 25 2009 @ 06:56 AM
link   
reply to post by saint4God

I'm all for this project of praying for healing. We also need to recognize that God delivers at the time and method of His choosing and often, as I've come to see, not when/as expected

Well to show up in ones lifetime would be considered courteous

posted on Nov, 25 2009 @ 06:56 AM
link   
reply to post by moocowman

Well you asked me and you got more than one legit answer.
I don't know what else I gan do to help you.
If knew enough about the Bible you would know where and why about the answers. They are legit like it or not.
Why don't you resort to your ole stand bye? Then who created God?
Give it up!

You can have the last word too. Who would want it?

[edit on 25-11-2009 by randyvs]

posted on Nov, 25 2009 @ 06:58 AM
link   
Has anyone mentioned 'Pixie Dust' yet? Not that it would change or prove anything but it is interesting if you've never heard of it before....

'Pixie dust' brings scientists closer to growing limbs

www.abc.net.au...

top topics

<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join