It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why won't God heal amputees?

page: 13
<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 25 2009 @ 05:38 AM
link   
reply to post by AUM68

The problem with this is there is no proof to anything you just typed. From your claim that the ible is occult in nature (your interpretation) to your claim that people in India are doing miracles, there is no proof--period.

posted on Nov, 25 2009 @ 05:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by Watcher-In-The-Shadows
reply to post by moocowman

And I explain why. But you prefer to stick to the context you feels validates your stance. Despite the fact the argument is illogical because it assumes the actions of a "higher power" would have to be X if it did in fact exist.

What the blazes are you on mate you ever speak English ?
My stance doesn't come into anything get off it dude.
You either have an opinion or you don't get a grip.

"Why doesn't god heal amputees ?" Is not an argument it is a question.

You either know

Don't know

Or you have reason to believe the question is based on a false assumption. If it is the latter please feel free to give us your opinion .

posted on Nov, 25 2009 @ 05:40 AM
link   
Ok, so what have we learned in this thread so far?

That it may actually be a physical impossibility for a religious person to answer a tough religious question directly. It is bizarre to say the least.. Imagine if this was how things worked in other areas?

you ask a mathemetician:

"what is 2+2=?"

and they reply

"it equals a number, everyone knows that"

and you ask

"what number?"

and they reply

"we all know numbers, some more than others but in time you will see the number"

and you ask

"so you know the number, then what is it?"

and they reply

"2+2 has been asked before, why the hostility? why the bashing over the number? you are quite arrogant"

repeat cycle 5,000 times

posted on Nov, 25 2009 @ 05:40 AM
link   

Well, it's still not clear why jesus does not heal amputees dude, why you want the thread shut down so bad ? There may be someone out there with answer, I've yet to see one in the thread so far to be honest.

Is anyone else seeing this? Listen stud why are you accussing me of wanting this thread shut down when Ops little heart was the one pleading and bleedi8ng to the Mods. Crying conspiricy. I thought I was supposed to get some needling or something from Op. Just an empty headed threat?
couple real winners.

[edit on 25-11-2009 by randyvs]

posted on Nov, 25 2009 @ 05:44 AM
link   
reply to post by reasonable

But I didn't give you that, I actually showed you the folly of your premise. However, I'm not "religious" so your claim doesn't apply to myself.

posted on Nov, 25 2009 @ 05:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by randyvs

Well, it's still not clear why jesus does not heal amputees dude, why you want the thread shut down so bad ? There may be someone out there with answer, I've yet to see one in the thread so far to be honest.

Is anyone else seeing this? Listen stud why are you accussing me of wanting this thread shut down when Ops little heart was the one pleading and bleedi8ng to the Mods. Crying conspiricy. I thought I was supposed to get some needling or something from Op. Just an empty headed threat?

Dude my error I took it that your remark in relation to the thread being at an end to imply something it didn't, there you go my apologies.

So why is it do you think that jesus 9assuming jesus is real doesn't heal amputees then,? unless of course you think he does . ?

posted on Nov, 25 2009 @ 05:47 AM
link   

Just an answer to your source:

Ever since Adam and Eve left Eden, they are already of earth. Once one is of earth, they are no longer under the jurisdiction of God, hence He sends commands in order for the human spirit to be spared from spiritual death.

With humanity being of earth (physical. I assume), and God and co. being of spirit, it would be illogical for God to make an amputees parts grow back, or heal the sick, etc. due to the fact that the spiritual and physical don't mix well. It's much like how the Fallen Angels got into trouble when they started doing their deeds.

Atheists assume without logic too much and they haven't even read the Bible to understand how the Christian deities work.

posted on Nov, 25 2009 @ 05:48 AM
link   
reply to post by EMPIRE

well, follow this example:

Line up all people in the world - in front you have Jesus.

He will show each and every one (around 6.5 billion ppl) that he can grow an extra arm. how long will it take for every people in the world to experience it ?
Then consider that people that are beeing born meanwhile also have to line up.

And when Jesus is through - the first one will say "I think that he tricked me - I will try again"

It is human nature to doubt - if not we would not evolve.

But my point is also: if you want proof, you dont find it behind your keyboard looking on a screen.

GET OUT there and see for your self.

I could write proof to you here, but would you believe me ?

no - and thats why you can only find out if you start investigation for youself.
I promise you, that your path will lead you to the proof you need.

posted on Nov, 25 2009 @ 05:50 AM
link   

Star for you!

So you ask the question and dont like the answers......
Without an in depth study done by yourself, then other peoples thoughts will be mute to you, you have to find the answer for yourself just as i had to do after suffering trajedy after trajedy myself, i set out to disprove G-d, but ONLY after years of MY OWN study, not listening to pastors, preachers and rabbi's, but my own objective study, did i get MY answer, and that was G-d exists.

I challenge you to do your own study, come to your own conclusion, then come back and debate

posted on Nov, 25 2009 @ 05:52 AM
link   

I may be wrong as its been quite some time since i read or was preached to by someone quoting the bible.

Since the question is based on rules set by dogma established by the christian faith i will ATTEMPT to answer with that in mind. Try to follow this logic, Supposedly Jesus said if someone had enough faith the size of a mustard seed they could move a mountain. Based on that statement if the cripple doesnt get his legs quite obviously he did not have enough faith to grow himself new legs.

By MY understanding even a billion people with half faith doesnt cut it. reality it would seem is relative to the observer. So a billion people wanting Captain cripple to grow new legs isnt going to do squat for him unless HE BELIEVES it will. Do you understand now?... i didnt think so.... good night. dont stay up too late .

link   

apology accepted.

So why is it do you think that jesus 9assuming jesus is real doesn't heal amputees then,? unless of course you think he does . ?

Well what he said was this, "that is a healing that would require his presence and the Father will not allow that at this time , However that is not to say that it will not happen.
So there you go.

link   

Originally posted by Unregistered

Just an answer to your source:

Ever since Adam and Eve left Eden, they are already of earth. Once one is of earth, they are no longer under the jurisdiction of God, hence He sends commands in order for the human spirit to be spared from spiritual death.

With humanity being of earth (physical. I assume), and God and co. being of spirit, it would be illogical for God to make an amputees parts grow back, or heal the sick, etc. due to the fact that the spiritual and physical don't mix well. It's much like how the Fallen Angels got into trouble when they started doing their deeds.

Atheists assume without logic too much and they haven't even read the Bible to understand how the Christian deities work.

Well I for one have no idea what the hell you just said, did you just try to answer the question "Why doesn't jesus heal amputees ?"

Oh by the way it's not smart to assume all atheists haven't read bibles, like it's not smart to assume all xtians have.

posted on Nov, 25 2009 @ 05:53 AM
link   
reply to post by AUM68

I'm sorry, but "getting out there" does not exactly prove anything you've said. What you're suggesting is what one the members said about 2+2. Everything you posted about the bible was pure interpretation/speculation on your part. Moreover, asking for proof and being told to get out there is illogical. Since when did "getting out there" become a prerequsite to miracles? If I accidently chop my hand off in my kitchen why do I need to get out there to see or experience a miracle?

posted on Nov, 25 2009 @ 05:53 AM
link   

Well what he said was this, "that is a healing that would require his presence and the Father will not allow that at this time , However that is not to say that it will not happen.

Duh who exactly said that you lost me there dude ?

posted on Nov, 25 2009 @ 05:55 AM
link   
Yes, I did read the entire article and found it to be a typical loaded rhetorical question from someone who starts off with the assumption that God does not exist... even though the title of the article is worded to assume that God does exist. The OP is not asking a question, but is putting forth a thesis disguised as a question. No answer given will change the OPs mind in the slightest, for no open-hearted searching seems to be evident.

Nevertheless, a response which is not "debunked" in the article is as follows: the difference between growing limbs, eyes, external organs, etc., and curing internal illnesses is quite easy to see. Healing internal illnesses is something that doesn't give such dramatic proof of a miracle. Doctor's can always ignore the test results or x-rays. People without faith can always deny that the person was ever sick or that the test results were wrong or any other number of things.

With something as dramatic as growing limbs or other body parts, it would be such an unquestionable miracle for those who knew the person before the healing that it would remove any need for faith. Before and after pictures could be taken that would make doubting the event nearly impossible. The plain fact is, God requires faith, so any miracle that is done (at least during these dark and Godless days) seems to be limited to those that could be explained away by people such as yourself.

Why is God limiting himself in this way? Well, nobody except God knows for sure, but one possibility is that He has determined that the world is not deserving of such miracles at this time, given the state of affairs within the churches, schools, governments, and most homes. In the past, men like Smith Wigglesworth did have limbs grow and even rose people from the dead. Of course, you will doubt it, but that is to be expected from people who have no faith. The Bible predicted a one world government nearly 2000 years ago, and we are on the brink of that as we speak, perhaps even less than a month away. By way of a simple parable, the National Anthem is sung at the beginning of a ball game, not in the final seconds of the final inning.

posted on Nov, 25 2009 @ 06:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by moocowman

Duh who exactly said that you lost me there dude ?
Let me rephrase. This is not from anything," I think". It is from what I know.
The Father will not allow Jesus to be present here at this time to perform
miracles. His presence is needed to make this type of healing possible.
That is not to say it will not happen copy?

your answer or
At the white throne judgement we all get new bodies.
Want me to go on?

DEBUNKED AGAIN

posted on Nov, 25 2009 @ 06:09 AM
link   

I have to say that I haven't read this entire thread... just the first page but I have a questions for you:

What does having physical legs have to do with your soul?

Your soul, your spiritual wellness is what God is concerned with.

posted on Nov, 25 2009 @ 06:11 AM
link   
reply to post by EMPIRE

Ok. The ability to perform miracles is the same as what your shadow is to you.

The more the deciple walks the path of initiation - towards the "sun" the more he casts a shadow.

the shadow is the ability to perform miracles.

Do you look back, to watch your shadow ? - no - and for the deciple or Jesus, miracles is no more to him.

The GOAL is NOT to perform miracles - it is merely a benefit for the path that the deciple walks - the path of enlightentment.

To the deciple or Jesus if you want - the ability to perform miracles is of no more important than it is for you to use a fork.

I hope this can explain why.

Let me give you an example or hopefully for you this is a proof from my own experiance:

I have seen a very dear friend - a yoga teacher - on board a plane , travelling to a yoga seminar overseas, beeing told to make a speech at this seminar on a topic of very rare existence.

This yoga teacher could only speak danish , and on the flight - in the plane - that yoga teacher learned english - made a speech there in the seat , right next to me.
I have known this person for about 17 years, and can truly say that the person could not speak or write english.

now - do you believe me ? - I guess not, so please explain to me - what is proof to you ?

posted on Nov, 25 2009 @ 06:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by downisreallyup
Yes, I did read the entire article and found it to be a typical loaded rhetorical question from someone who starts off with the assumption that God does not exist... even though the title of the article is worded to assume that God does exist. The OP is not asking a question, but is putting forth a thesis disguised as a question. No answer given will change the OPs mind in the slightest, for no open-hearted searching seems to be evident.

Nevertheless, a response which is not "debunked" in the article is as follows: the difference between growing limbs, eyes, external organs, etc., and curing internal illnesses is quite easy to see. Healing internal illnesses is something that doesn't give such dramatic proof of a miracle. Doctor's can always ignore the test results or x-rays. People without faith can always deny that the person was ever sick or that the test results were wrong or any other number of things.

With something as dramatic as growing limbs or other body parts, it would be such an unquestionable miracle for those who knew the person before the healing that it would remove any need for faith. Before and after pictures could be taken that would make doubting the event nearly impossible. The plain fact is, God requires faith, so any miracle that is done (at least during these dark and Godless days) seems to be limited to those that could be explained away by people such as yourself.

Why is God limiting himself in this way? Well, nobody except God knows for sure, but one possibility is that He has determined that the world is not deserving of such miracles at this time, given the state of affairs within the churches, schools, governments, and most homes. In the past, men like Smith Wigglesworth did have limbs grow and even rose people from the dead. Of course, you will doubt it, but that is to be expected from people who have no faith. The Bible predicted a one world government nearly 2000 years ago, and we are on the brink of that as we speak, perhaps even less than a month away. By way of a simple parable, the National Anthem is sung at the beginning of a ball game, not in the final seconds of the final inning.

sorry but for me 'god doesn't feel like it' doesn't cut it or come close to an answer. I can assure you if the world's amputees started growing limbs via prayer there would be more "faith" in god than ever before. So your statement is 1 part dodging reality and 1 part bunk.

posted on Nov, 25 2009 @ 06:13 AM
link   
I advise you to read some threads made by Hidden-Hand and Illuminator13. While it is not certain if they were all that they claimed, they nevertheless presented some truly fascinating and interesting ideas. Definitely changed my whole outlook on the whole "God" question. Maybe you will find the answers you are looking for by browsing through their threads.

top topics

<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join