It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

every global warming thread should be moved to the HOAX board

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 24 2009 @ 03:33 PM
link   

Global warming rigged? Here's the email I'd need to see

It's no use pretending this isn't a major blow. The emails extracted by a hacker from the climatic research unit at the University of East Anglia could scarcely be more damaging. I am now convinced that they are genuine, and I'm dismayed and deeply shaken by them. Yes, the messages were obtained illegally. Yes, all of us say things in emails that would be excruciating if made public. Yes, some of the comments have been taken out of context. But there are some messages that require no spin to make them look bad. There appears to be evidence here of attempts to prevent scientific data from being released, and even to destroy material that was subject to a freedom of information request. Worse still, some of the emails suggest efforts to prevent the publication of work by climate sceptics, or to keep it out of a report by the Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change. I believe that the head of the unit, Phil Jones, should now resign. Some of the data discussed in the emails should be re-analysed.

www.guardian.co.uk...

posted on Nov, 24 2009 @ 04:01 PM
link   
I have to say fair play to George Monbiot for coming out and admitting he has made a mistake. Monbiot is one of the most vocal supporters of the global warming debate and seems to have been fooled by the scientists involved.

posted on Nov, 24 2009 @ 04:08 PM
link   
reply to post by woodwardjnr

You missed the final paragraph in the article;

This is the kind of conspiracy the deniers need to reveal to show that man-made climate change is a con. The hacked emails are a hard knock, but the science of global warming withstands much more than that.

The whole "convincing E-mail" was the writers fictional and highly exaggerated account of what it would really take to convince him.

The bottom line is, no amount of proof of fraud and sculldugery will ever convince the Global Warming enthusiasts that their cause is wrong.

Even when they are sitting under mountains of ice in Rio, they still won't get it...

posted on Nov, 24 2009 @ 04:11 PM
link   
reply to post by genius/idoit

You got that right Genius. Global Warming may be the biggest con ever pulled on mankind. A good rule of thumb is that anytime you hear them talking about the end of mankind you can know that it is a hoax in order to keep you in fear.

posted on Nov, 24 2009 @ 04:13 PM
link   
I was trying to see if gore has anything to say about this today.

Anyone know if that person has talked about these emails, showing they made up the numbers, while pushing gw.

posted on Nov, 24 2009 @ 04:31 PM
link   
Exactly - But the ultimate damage is only weeks away when President Obama cedes U.S. sovereignty in Copenhagen based on this global warming hoax. Click my signature below for a thread that ties it all together.

posted on Nov, 24 2009 @ 04:31 PM
link   
Move this thread to the rant section with the other nonsense.

[edit on 24-11-2009 by john124]

posted on Nov, 24 2009 @ 04:34 PM
link   
reply to post by john124

Don't read it ,but if you do don't cry about it!Oh I see England huh?So you've been lied to for even longer than us.I would cry to.

posted on Nov, 24 2009 @ 04:41 PM
link   
Ummm sorry, but something is happening. Man made or not...who cares. Don't let some people taking advantage of the situation leave us unprepared and uninformed. That would be ignorant.

posted on Nov, 24 2009 @ 04:48 PM
link   
I agree, this thread doesn't belong in this forum.

posted on Nov, 24 2009 @ 05:30 PM
link   
reply to post by factbeforefiction

Hopefully, the fraud is causing countries like China to boycott the meeting. They are probably threatening that right now.
Typical of Gore, Clintons, and Obama to their bunkers whenever the light of truth shines!
Their bug out bag must plenty cigars, playing cards, and weed grown by their kids!

[edit on 24-11-2009 by Granite]

posted on Dec, 2 2009 @ 10:53 PM
link   
are t the MODS working?

new topics

top topics

join