It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Solution to the Violent Video Game

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 24 2009 @ 05:34 PM
link   
this makes me sad.

because first off, that someone has spent this amount of time figuring out "the righteous" path of playing a damn computer game.

and second, because you are probably an adult, and yes, i am about to lump a lot of world of warcraft adults into one category, and say that it is pretty sad that an adult spent this much time on this.

i have friends that play this, and they say that if you don't devote serious time to playing, you arent playing. you simply cannot get anywhere int he game playing for an hour at a time.

but yea..this has no purpose on ATS.

posted on Nov, 24 2009 @ 05:40 PM
link   
reply to post by iamsupermanv2

well i'm handicapped, 51 years old, female, stay at home, and haven't got much else to do besides watch tv, study/research (which i still manage to do alot of). my kids are all adults, and i can't work. so i bide my time playing video games and reading various resources, including ATS.

thankfully, we are all unique individuals.

posted on Nov, 24 2009 @ 05:51 PM
link   
reply to post by undo

as callus as this may sound....you could still find a better use for your time.

how about formulating a plan to fix our economy. or many other world problems.

just a thought.

but i am sorry for your situation.

posted on Nov, 24 2009 @ 05:53 PM
link   
Wait this thread is about WoW. I think this belongs in the "Video Games" section in BTS.

posted on Nov, 24 2009 @ 05:55 PM
link   
reply to post by iamsupermanv2

already did that.

the problem we have in this online environment is a lack of valid reference by which to gauge the value of others.

posted on Nov, 24 2009 @ 05:55 PM
link   
No offense, but WOW just sucks. From your previous post it looks like you have plenty of time for gaming. There's nothing wrong with that.
I would highly recommend trying out Dungeons & Dragons online. Much, much better game, much better users, makes you think instead of being a robot doing the same repetitive crap over and over, graphics are far superior in everyway to WOW, and better yet, now you can play it for free! Yes there are certain limitations for the free players, but even the free version blows away WOW.
And I personally enjoy violent video games, but I also enjoy non violent ones as well.
I see absolutely no connection whatsoever with video game violence and today's violence out in the streets. Can't honestly say the same for TV and movies compared to 20 years ago. But I do enjoy those as well.

[edit on 11/24/2009 by bigdog36]

posted on Nov, 24 2009 @ 05:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Ghost in the Machine

no it's about a solution for the "conspiracy" that violent video games are a plot to raise a generation of violent people.

posted on Nov, 24 2009 @ 10:19 PM
link   
anyway, my pacifist paladin (i have other non-pacifist characters) is level 35 now, and she did it by following the examples in the op. it's actually a totally unique way of playing the game and can be quite challenging and interesting. also more relaxing, since your agenda is to avoid fighting. questing is alot different and how you view the game changes dramatically. i thought it might be a way for people who play because a spouse or child or friend plays, and are not exactly thrilled with the concept of entering prisons, sawing off a guy's head and bringing it back to quest giver.

if more people who play violent video games look for innovative ways to play them without violence, perhaps it wouldn't seem like such a threat to other pacifists in real society? i realize there are games that have no other options but some do, and seeing as how some games are played by more people, i think it might help some of the bad press violent video games seem to get, too

[edit on 24-11-2009 by undo]

top topics

<< 1   >>

join