It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ABUSE CRISIS: Washington Post Releases New Abuse Photos & Details - #Graphic Content#

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 21 2004 @ 02:21 AM
link   
The Washington Post will run new photos of alleged abuse at the Abu Ghraib prison in its Friday edition. The details come from statements made by 13 Iraqi detainees, and are more brutal than previous publicized reports.
Please note that the details below are of a graphic nature and may not be intended for all readers.

WashingtonPost.com

Detainee #13077 Hiadar Sabar Abed Miktub al-Aboodi: "They forced us to walk like dogs on our hands and knees. And we had to bark like a dog, and if we didn't do that they started hitting us hard on our face and chest with no mercy. After that, they took us to our cells, took the mattresses out and dropped water on the floor and they made us sleep on our stomachs on the floor with the bags on our head and they took pictures of everything."

Detainee #151362 Ameen Saeed Al-Sheik: "They said we will make you wish to die and it will not happen. They stripped me naked. One of them told me he would rape me. He drew a picture of a woman to my back and makes me stand in shameful position holding my buttocks."

Detainee #151108 Kasim Mehaddi Hilas described being stripped, forced to put on a hood and wear pink flowered ladies' panties. "Most of the days I was wearing nothing else." Most disturbingly, Hilas' sworn statement also tells of witnessing an Army translator have sex with a teenage boy at the Abu Ghraib prison, and that the rape was documented by a female soldier with a camera.
Hilas told of the one time he asked permission to pray, and was handcuffed to the bars of a window by Cpl James Graner with his feet off the floor for nearly five hours. He also stated witnessing Cpl Graner sodomize another detainee with a phosphoric light (also known as a glow-stick) while the detainee was tied to a bed.

Detainee #152307 Mohanded Juma Juma described Cpl Graner throwing detainees' food into toilets and forcing them to eat it from the toilets.

Detainee #19446 Hussein Mohssein Mata Al-Zayiadi: "They told my friend to masturbate and told me to masturbate also, while they were taking pictures. They opened the water in the cell and told us to lay face down in the water and we stayed like that until the morning, in the water, naked, without clothes. " While being forced to crawl on the ground, the guards "were sitting on our backs like riding animals"
al-Zayiadi was one of the men in the now-infamous "pyramid" photo. "They brought my friends, Haidar, Ahmed, Nouri, Ahzem, Hashiem, Mustafa, and I, and they put us two on the bottom, two on top of them, and two on top of those and one on top. They took pictures of us and we were naked."

Detainee #18170 Abdou Hussain Saad Faleh, the man pictured in a hood attached to wires: "On the third day, after five o'clock, Mr. Graner came and took me to room Number 37, which is the shower room, and he started punishing me. Then he brought a box of food and he made me stand on it with no clothing, except a blanket. Then a tall black soldier came and put electrical wires on my fingers and toes and on my penis, and I had a bag over my head."

The horrifying tale of beatings and sexual abuse continues for nearly 65 pages in the sworn statements the detainees gave. Some were threatened with the rape of their wives. Some were force-fed pork and alcohol. Some were fondled by female soldiers.

Related ATSNN/TA Discussion:
"Almost everybody was naked all the time." Shocking Sexual Pics of Lynddie England
The Iraq War Will be Defined By Images of Abu Ghraib Abuse.
Reuters Employees Abused by American Troops in Iraq
Pfc. Lynndie England: "I was told to stand there and hold the leash."
New Photos Show More Iraqi Prisoner Abuse in Abu Ghraib Prison
Iraqi Prisoner Abuse May Have Been Encouraged.

[Edited on 21-5-2004 by Banshee]

[Edited on 21-5-2004 by John bull 1]

posted on May, 21 2004 @ 06:13 AM
link   
Wel this photo looks prety damning.

Looks like he's about to punch one of the prisoners.
www.antiwar.com...

posted on May, 21 2004 @ 06:23 AM
link   
What's with all the sex stuff? You can't tell me that's just doing mah job. These guards should be registered sex offenders now for the rest of their lives. I'm dead serious. No matter the circumstances, they did these things and enjoyed it.

Some of these guys need to be up on RAPE charges, not just abuse. That's a cop out. Sodomy is rape. Watching is conspiracy to rape.

I'm officially creeped out now.

posted on May, 21 2004 @ 08:00 AM
link   
did I read that right? They forced them eat pork and drink alcohol? and made them eat from tiolets?

man, this just gets more sadistic and bizarre every day. No one can tell me that sodomizing, forced masturbation and some the acts committed are part of interrogation practices....that's is just too sick. These soldiers brought to Iraq, exactly what the Muslim clerics predict about the West: all the negative, sick and sadistic stuff. No wonder they don't want our influence, when we behave like that, what else are you to expect.

Soldiers represent this country and all of us, every action by every single soldier is a direct reflection of America and the West. I take peace knowing that there are still some good people out there who present a positive image, too bad the negatives always outweight the positives.

posted on May, 21 2004 @ 10:47 AM
link   
A small clip from Abu Ghraib released by Washington Post:
Video: Abu Ghraib Prison
www.informationclearinghouse.info...

posted on May, 21 2004 @ 10:57 AM
link   
There is a reason that I have not been commenting on this issue much and that is fear of flying off into a rage. These individuals should be locked up for the rest of their lifes with a 400 pound cell mate named Bubba. There are paramitors that should not be crossed in a civilized society and they have gone way beyond that. Animals don't even do this to their own kind.

top topics

join