It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

British police arrest people 'just for the DNA'

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 24 2009 @ 04:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by jam321
reply to post by thecrow001

people need to start acting on this, any ideas on how we can act ?

As far as UK law, I can't help. But I would suggest you guys start pounding(not physically) the ones who are making these absurb laws.

START getting them to promise with a written contract that they will address these issues.

Just a (historical) thought:

Perhaps a new Magna Carta between UK citizens and their government is in order .

posted on Nov, 24 2009 @ 04:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hawkwind.

Originally posted by jam321

What are the citizens of UK doing about it?

As we read more and more stories like these, it seems that you all are content or in agreement with what's going on.

I have seen you all put up a bigger fight at a soccer match.

My friend, why don't you sort your own country out before you comment and then maybe you'll have the right to point the finger at ours? We in Great Britain have stood up to many attempted piss takes from the government so please don't make the mistake of thinking we are a spent folk with little spirit, far from it.

As time goes on I'm starting to believe that people outside Great Britain are getting a severely blinkered view of our United Kingdom due to believing everything they hear/read in the press about us. Yes okay, I'm well aware that things are not rosey here (where is?) but the place is still far from an Orwellian state.

We are still one of the most liberal countries in the world, let's not forget that amongst the media hype.

Maybe you're correct that all we see from outside the UK is media biased, but maybe not.

How about sharing some examples of your citizens standing up to the government to reclaim your rights.

So far, all we're hearing about are things like the loss of your firearms rights, knife rights, and there was even a recent article that people had to show an ID to purchase a spoon because of the "alternative uses" a spoon could have. Then, you're letting your government put cameras in your homes. Then there's the OP story.

Quite frankly, we are not seeing anyone stand up in the UK, but would love to see that happen.

posted on Nov, 24 2009 @ 04:59 PM
link   
i think your views on the UK are spot on my friend, its too PC here and it prevents and confines the public.

I just updated myself on the Magna Carta and i agree we could use a modern version, however does anyone else thnk this would be for the better or worse ?

come on guys/girls make your voice heard

posted on Nov, 24 2009 @ 04:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Hawkwind.

My friend, why don't you sort your own country out before you comment and then maybe you'll have the right to point the finger at ours? We in Great Britain have stood up to many attempted piss takes from the government so please don't make the mistake of thinking we are a spent folk with little spirit, far from it.

My friend, thank you for your advice. Maybe you misread, maybe you misunderstood. I never pointed a finger. Maybe you missed the question that I asked in my quote that you posted.

I am simply asking because I desire to know. Too many times I have read that Americans bypass threads about Britain, but then when we do jump in we get advice like yours.

Your post seems to differ from the others UK members that have posted. That's ok. I take no offense. I still want to know what the UK citizens are going to do about these rights that they are losing.

Enlighten me if you please on what you think should be done on such matter.

posted on Nov, 24 2009 @ 05:02 PM
link   
Please post in the original thread

'Arrests made just to get DNA samples'

Closing Duplicate

Thank you

Semper

top topics

<< 1   >>

join