It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Charles Manson Is His Daddy

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 24 2009 @ 01:30 PM
link   

Welcome to NEWS.com.au. Skip to: Search Box Section Navigation Network Navigation Content View the Sitemap news.com.au Network
news.com.au

News

Man discovers Charles Manson is his real dad
By staff writers
news.com.au
November 23, 2009 04:34pm
Text size
+ - Print Email Share Add to MySpace Add to Digg Add to del.icio.us Add to Fark Post to Facebook Add to Kwoff What are these? A recent photo of California inmate Charles Manson / AFP
Man discovers real dad is Charles Manson
Has been exchanging mail with serial killer
Has considered having phone contact
A MAN who went in search of his biological father was shocked to learn it was famed serial killer Charles Manson.

Matthew Roberts, a 41-year-old DJ who lives in Los Angeles, said the shock of discovering his father sent him into depression.

See a photo of Matthew Roberts here

"I didn't want to believe it. I was frightened and angry. It's like finding out that Adolf Hitler is your father,” Mr Roberts told The Sun.

"I'm a peaceful person - trapped in the face of a monster."

Despite his revulsion Mr Roberts has been exchanging mail with Manson, who is serving life in Corcoran State Prison in California over nine murders committed by his “Family” of followers in 1969.

“He sends me weird stuff and always signs it with his swastika,” Mr Roberts said.

"I remember not being able to eat."

Mr Roberts grew up in Rockford, Illinois but didn’t know he was adopted until his sister told him at age 10.

Despite his adoptive father telling him “nothing good” would come of discovering who his real parents were, Mr Roberts used a social services agency to locate his mother, Terry.

She confirmed Mr Roberts was adopted and told him his birth name was Lawrence Alexander but would not reveal the last name.

Eventually Terry relented and revealed that Mr Roberts' father was Manson, who she claims raped her in 1967 after she had succumbed to his manic charisma.

"She even said, 'You look just like him', Mr Roberts said recalling the shocking revelation.

Manson has confirmed that he could be Mr Roberts’ father and that he remembers Terry.

The former cult leader wrote to Mr Roberts that: "The truth is the truth. The truth hurts."

Mr Roberts fears he may have inherited some of Mansons charecteristics....

[edit on 24-11-2009 by ADVISOR]

posted on Nov, 24 2009 @ 01:39 PM
link   

Published: 23 Nov 2009
Add a comment (19)
LIKE many adopted children, Matthew Roberts set about finding his biological parents with a mix of nerves and excitement.
In particular, he hoped that discovering his father's identity would help him to work out what made him the man he had become.

But nothing could have prepared him for being told his dad was... serial killer CHARLES MANSON.

Warped ... Charles Manson now
Over a five-week period in the summer of 1969, Manson and his Family of commune followers committed a series of nine gruesome murders. Victims included pregnant actress Sharon Tate, wife of film director Roman Polanski.

Matthew, 41 - who bears a haunting resemblance to his father - sank into depression after discovering his identity.

He has since been in contact with his dad in a series of letters to his California prison and Manson has replied - each time chillingly signing off with a swastika.

Now Matthew, who was given up for adoption as a baby, has told of his horror at finding out he was the son of a monster.
Read more: www.thesun.co.uk...

posted on Nov, 24 2009 @ 01:55 PM
link   
Saw this one earlier on AOL I think. Really sucks to be this guy, poor bastard. I couldn't even imagine what it would feel like to find out you're the adopted result of a rape by Charles Manson. What a mindf**k. Shame, he sounds like a nice guy. I wonder if the revelation will manifest in a behavioral change on his part.

posted on Nov, 24 2009 @ 02:49 PM
link   
So.. this guy has Terry's word for it.. he's not going to get a DNA test to see if it's true? that's really dumb!

posted on Nov, 24 2009 @ 02:55 PM
link   
Dude! Being the son of Charles Manson! Man if i found out i was the son of a monster i would have had a nervous breakdown!

Poor bastard, you really must feel bad about this guy, he could never order pizza... damn that would be bad, being the son of one of the greatest monsters in history sucks.

posted on Nov, 24 2009 @ 02:59 PM
link   
i dont see why it would matter at this point..dude is 41...he has lived his life so far in a good manner..why would being uncle charlie's son change anything?

Just so you don't think I'm speaking without experience, I am 22 and have not known my father at all. I have been told who he was, have pictures and everything, but if it turned out he was a serial killer, or he turned out to be a serial killer, it wouldn't really mess with me too much. Maybe in the sense that I was at one point in my life that close to someone who could do that...but other than that, I'd count my blessings that I am relatively sane.

posted on Nov, 24 2009 @ 04:19 PM
link   
I loled when he said it was like finding out hitler was his dad.
you would think that finding out charlie manson was your dad would be bad enough but he had to up his game lol

posted on Nov, 24 2009 @ 05:26 PM
link   
I've been reading about Charles Manson on wikipedia. Seems, so far, since I quit reading about him, he has a son named Charles Manson, Jr., another son named Charles Luthor, and, in March of 1967, had told a judge that he has spent half of his life, at the age of 32, either in prison or institutions for boys. His record includes forced sodomy, multiple burglaries, stolen cars, crossing state lines while commiting crimes, mutliple escapes. Sheesh. Sorry, some bad sentence structure here. He told a judge that he did not want to be released and wanted to remain in prison. These Manson family murders didn't have to happen if the judge had just listened to him and found a way to institutionalize him forever. Too many paroles and probations for this sorry sack of scum. I hope this guy who claims he is another son of Charles Manson keeps his wits about him and remains a kind person and doesn't delude himself into thinking he must end up the same sort of person as his daddy. At least he can thank the universe that he isn't named Charles Manson, Jr., like one of his brothers.

[edit on 24-11-2009 by kyred]

posted on Nov, 24 2009 @ 05:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by superdebz
I loled when he said it was like finding out hitler was his dad.
you would think that finding out charlie manson was your dad would be bad enough but he had to up his game lol

Lol, yeah if i found out my dad was Charlie Manson i would try to make a a few quid out of it. He must be getting paid for his story. I would expect the letters Manson sent him would be worth a few bob to someone.

[edit on 24-11-2009 by kode]

posted on Nov, 24 2009 @ 05:58 PM
link   
I'm sorry...

But I'd be pretty psyched if I found Out Charlie was my real Dad.

There's allot of money in that, there is a book, interviews all sorts of crud I could spew on lecture and talk show for a year or two... It wouldn't actually make you famous but for a short time, but there is enough there to pay off your home and live of the interest on a Million or so i'd gather.

I'm not nuts just because my natural Father might be lol... This guy just hit his ticket out of the Rat Race.... he's DJ for Christs sake... in his 40's that basically sucks... kind of fun and not bad money but it's still work... and work you have to pay bills with.

I'd Milk this for every buck it's worth, try and get a job on a radio station, who knows...

Kato knew how to play it when his best friend OJ went KooKoo For Cocoa Puffs.... Guys done now cept for making more and having a good time.

Charlie Manson is your dad, you could play this a Million ways

Being all upset about it... ridiculous, like someone earlier said, He made it until 41 leading a decent life there is no reason to question your self, just use it to your advantage somehow...

Personally I'd be making up some donkey story about how I once coped with Evil thoughts and how I overcame them, maybe plug my meditation tapes or like St Johns Wart.... LOL Vitamin B12 helped me overcome murderous rampaging instincts of my Father Charlie Manson.

They could make a movie....

I dunno...

I wouldn't be upset though I'd be psyched... It would be awesome to be able to go out on a Friday Night and tell people you were Charlie Manson's Kid... It really would it's a MONSTER (no pun intended) of a self promotion item... Like they say, Bad Publicity is still Publicity...

If he's not doing the Rush Hr or Morning Run on some local Radio Station for boooco bucks in the next 90 days he's a complete mental freak show like his dad... total dunce...

Quit whining about your genetics and lap this up pal!!!!

(lol even in here it would be great... I see nothing but an upside, I'd love to be able to reveal to everyone on ATS I was Charlie Manson's Son lol... best Flames ever...)

posted on Nov, 24 2009 @ 06:08 PM
link   
I've already figured out what i'd do with that 15 Min of Fame...

I'd open a non profit to help victims of violent crimes under the Manson Name...

it would be a sick living from the 33%, and I mean sick given the publicity.... and you'd be able to use the name to help Many, Many people....

There's a whole bringing good from Evil thing there that is very Circle of Life and people would eat it up and god knows victims of violent crimes don't get squat so it's needed...

posted on Nov, 24 2009 @ 08:49 PM
link   
Manson's a monster alright, but there are plenty of very good people in the world who have at least one parent who's done some very bad things.

Coming to terms with this reality will not be easy, but as someone noted, the son has formed his identity and knows whom he really is.

I'm sure there are support groups for people whose family members have served or are serving time and I think that in such a group he'd find that he's not very different from thousands who have he same burden to bear.

As for his inheriting his father's schizophrenia, usually schizophrenia manifests in men in their late teens or early adulthood. It's not guaranteed, but the odds are good that he's safe.

[edit on 2009/11/24 by GradyPhilpott]

posted on Nov, 24 2009 @ 11:09 PM
link   
The weird thing about Manson is I've never been able to figure out why he is considered the ultimate embodiment of evil or whatever.

Let me be clear...the things he did are wrong and evil, and I don't condone them. BUT, as far as serial killers go, he was pretty minor-league. He personally killed only ONE man in his life. He ordered his henchmen (or henchwomen) to kill a bunch of people, but the raw numbers are still FAR less than many other serial killers. Ted Bundy and the BTK killer both had body counts that may have ranged into the triple digits. John Wayne Gacy killed a lot more people than Manson and his crew...and most of them were kids, too.
[
Why the endless fascination with Manson?

posted on Nov, 24 2009 @ 11:27 PM
link   
You are right Lord and I also don't understand why people see Manson as they way they do.
As you say, his 'family' did the murders for him. There have been many people in history a hundred times more evil than him, even in recent years.

posted on Nov, 25 2009 @ 12:43 AM
link   
Uncle Chuck was framed.

He was the scapegoat for some failed MKUltra business.

Google it.

posted on Nov, 26 2009 @ 10:26 AM
link   
Charles Manson, wow! If I were him I would definitely have a DNA test done to prove whether or not this was true, and then have a whole but psychological test done.

I mean eventhough the guy says he is a peaceful man and non-violent, the test would still be a good idea.

posted on Nov, 26 2009 @ 10:32 AM
link   
It would be sad for the person, to find out you where conceived by an act of rape.

Imagine if you found that out, that would be sad wouldn't it for you.

I would want to find out for sure if i was him, by doing a test. But tahts his business.

posted on Nov, 26 2009 @ 11:07 AM
link   
reply to post by mopusvindictus

Great posts.............he does have a ticket out of the 9-5 rat race, just a few talk shows, a book and man house paid off, travel to Paris, and maybe a car and boat thrown in.

What I love about your positive post is you are a person that given lemons, would make lemonaid.

On a more serious note: My grand daughter has her father's height, her mother's skinny boney body (thank god) and her thinking (god forbid) takes after me............genes are funny.

This poor guy is afraid he might be another tortured soul, but he is a independent soul and only shares some genes with his father.

He should be very grateful his mother gave him up for adoption and he was raised far away from his biological parents.

posted on Nov, 26 2009 @ 11:18 AM
link   
Man, poor guy.

He looks just like that gayish actor Nathan Lane.
Compare.

posted on Dec, 31 2009 @ 09:56 AM
link   
reply to post by Alxandro

He actually does look like him

I don't see what the big deal is. If I today found out that Hitler was my father what would that actually mean? Nothing.

Genetics counts for a lot, but doesn't make me a monster.

I suppose I would be somewhat embarrassed, but beyond that, it wouldn't make a jot of difference.

Life goes on......

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join