It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Proud to be an American But War Solutions?!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 21 2004 @ 01:53 AM
link   
I love my country, I value my freedom and I am willing to stand up for my rights and my country. I cannot join the military, but if I could, and if they needed me, I would do it out of love for my country.

I fully agree with the invasion of Iraq and Afghanistan! I fully agree with the war on terrorism. And I am proud that we are taking a stand against those who would do us harm. I am proud of the Brits! Man, they have been a great allie, BRAVO!!

I think we need MORE troops in Iraq and Afghanistan. Although we cant really be in both at once...
Iraq looks like the place to be. And there we are!
Unfortunately,
we are not there in the proper numbers!
If we really want to get this over with we need to put another 200,000 Troops there Maybe even MORE!!
Yes, I am an arm chair general!!
I love war strategy, I love the weapons of war! The history of war! A war monger?? No, there is a time for peace, and there is a time for war! I guess this is the time for war! So I embrace it and hold my head high, and root for the troops while they are out there fighting!
When all is said and done, I hope and pray that they all come home without a scratch, but kick the enemies a$$ and show them that we won't take no crap from NO ONE who dares to threaten our sense of security and well being! You think we don't belong in IRAQ? We had every right to march right in there, and have since the first gulf war. Don't kid yourself, Saddam was a freaking idiot and brutal. Bush Sr didnt do it, but his son had the balls to do it. Motives behind it? Oil? Maybe, maybe not, I dont know. And I dont care. We are at war, the reason behind it isnt a factor anymore, cause its to late, we're there, and we be bad! Don't mess with pissed off americans with lots of tanks and guns. Saddam had his chance, and he blew it. They gave him over 10 years to wisen up, but that idiot didnt get it. Shooting at our planes, not complying to UN resolutions, and WMDs? Hell, we didnt need to use that as an excuse. If he didnt have them, he sure wanted everyone around him to think he did. He was an idiot.

But now boys and girls,
here is a problem.
Iraq is becoming a trap. It might not of been at first, and personally, I dont think Iraq had anything to do with the war on terrorism, but it sure does now. Everyday new fighters come in from all sides to fight a jihad. And it is becoming the front of the war on terrorism because of this fact. Radicals are now there, trained and ready to kill America and its Allies. Picking off our troops and sucking us into a long term conflict. So, what do you do? How can this problem be solved? Whats the solution?

I say MORE!! More troops!! You know, if there had been more troops from the start, a lot of things might not of gone like they are now. Soldiers watch out for each other, watch each others backs, and keep each other in line.

My thoughts on the subject......

Fire away!!

*gave up editing typos, screw it, I cant spell, and I dont care*

[Edited on 21-5-2004 by Darkblade71]

join