It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BBC Paradox - Nov 24 (tonight) 9pm

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 24 2009 @ 12:39 PM
link   
A BBC Programme not too dissimilar from Flashforward, but in which 2 Detectives have found CCTV tapes of the world ending (thought to have origionated from Space) 18 hours before the event occurs.
They must piece together the clues and try to what out what is happening and what/if they can do anything about it.
The BBC are keeping the plotline close to their chests about this however, but it would be intresting to watch purely from a Scientific point of view, as im guessing there going to be discussing about RadioWaves and Speed of Light theory.

posted on Nov, 24 2009 @ 12:59 PM
link   
reply to post by ROBL240

I saw the advert for this yesterday and took notice of it, as it appears to be set in Manchester.

I'll probably forget to watch it. But i am sure it will be on iplayer.

Seems interesting. I didn't realise that's what it was about. I thought it was Spooks at first or some police drama. Makes an interesting change.

posted on Nov, 24 2009 @ 01:06 PM
link   
Yeah i saw a trailer and thought this might be worth a watch.
I'm hoping it'll be good... but we'll see i guess.

posted on Nov, 24 2009 @ 03:58 PM
link   
So what was it like, i do not watch tv, so any sort of review.

posted on Nov, 24 2009 @ 03:59 PM
link   
wow it was great, i really enjoyed it.

WHat does everyone else think ?

looks like something with water next week !

posted on Nov, 24 2009 @ 04:12 PM
link   
Forgot it was on.
Didn't have the TV on anyway.

posted on Nov, 24 2009 @ 05:06 PM
link   
It was pretty good, I'd expect it will be on the iplayer soon though for those who missed it.

Loved the crazy scientist though I just didnt understand why he didnt just come out and say what he thought (reminded me of Jigsaw in SAW.)
Also you'd think the cops would have stopped that Tanker by setting up a roadblock, it was on the Suburbs of Manchester, im sure a few units could have been on the scene within minutes.

So is it about fate? pre-determined destiny?, the fact Aliens can see our future before us using Gravitation Lens from nearby Galaxys (then sending a satellite signal to us faster than the speed of light as a message?) or a part of this scientists scheme to control time?

Maybe he doesnt believe in God because he IS God?

hmmmm

posted on Nov, 24 2009 @ 05:14 PM
link   
reply to post by ROBL240

i agree i was thinking that too about the road blocks even with that one car just crash into the truck and stop it as best as you can, however would a road block stop a speeding truck with the driver at the wheel sleeping.

that science man is great, although i think he dint state his view because he needed that women to believe it herself.

is there a chance aliens can see our future before us with the thoery of time not being stright and being able to jump ahead of time ect ? i dont know just questions

posted on Nov, 24 2009 @ 05:46 PM
link   
I was quite disappointed with it to be honest.

For example when two policemen pull up to the bridge in their car and stop to talk before getting out. A blue car drives past them and disappears under the bridge. No biggie but then as the two police men walk toward the bridge one of them stops the other and says, Careful there might be tripwires.'

At that moment I rolled my eyes at the weak dialogue and direction then tuned out and went back to sticking my arm in my dogs mouth, sticking my nose in her eye.

I rarely watch TV programs anyway unless they are documentaries.

posted on Nov, 25 2009 @ 11:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by ROBL240
It was pretty good, I'd expect it will be on the iplayer soon though for those who missed it.

Loved the crazy scientist though I just didnt understand why he didnt just come out and say what he thought (reminded me of Jigsaw in SAW.)
Also you'd think the cops would have stopped that Tanker by setting up a roadblock, it was on the Suburbs of Manchester, im sure a few units could have been on the scene within minutes.

So is it about fate? pre-determined destiny?, the fact Aliens can see our future before us using Gravitation Lens from nearby Galaxys (then sending a satellite signal to us faster than the speed of light as a message?) or a part of this scientists scheme to control time?

Maybe he doesnt believe in God because he IS God?

hmmmm

I know it's just a television show but wow that is ridiculous! It's been discussed several times and it would be absolutely impossible to receive a message going faster than the speed of light, and even if it were to be possible to receive it, the information would be so malformed it would be impossible to gain any insight from it. not to mention gravitational lensing cannot see the future at all, especially from nearby galaxies... because light takes too long to travel, so they'd be seeing the PAST if anything! in order for them to see the future from different galaxies they would have to be receiving tachyonic information (info. going faster than the speed of light) and it would have to be going MUCH faster than c, so i'm pretty sure if i ever ended up watching this i'd just turn it off in frustration...

posted on Dec, 23 2009 @ 10:24 AM
link   
Im guessing I was the only one who stuck with this Series. A shame as its been the only thing worthy from the BBC in a long time.
the Philosophical debate of who/what was controlling that wormhole. The MOD, God, Aliens?
Hopefully Series 2 is in the making giving the ending of the First Series.

posted on Dec, 23 2009 @ 10:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by ROBL240
Im guessing I was the only one who stuck with this Series. A shame as its been the only thing worthy from the BBC in a long time.
the Philosophical debate of who/what was controlling that wormhole. The MOD, God, Aliens?
Hopefully Series 2 is in the making giving the ending of the First Series.

Hi ROBL240

I have not missed a episode and have to say I really enjoyed it. The concept was excellent as well as the acting - Lets hope they do a series 2

Wish there were more of these sort of programmes

new topics

top topics

join