It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama hails 'defining partnership' with India

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 24 2009 @ 12:31 PM
link   

Obama hails 'defining partnership' with India

www.msnbc.msn.com

President Barack Obama declared Tuesday that U.S. ties with India will be "one of the defining relationships" of the 21st century as he welcomed India's prime minister for the first state visit of his administration.

Obama said the United States and India share the "bold experiments" of becoming democracies after breaking from rule by a colonial power, and in modern times both have known the pain of international terrorism

"Our nations are two global leaders, driven not to dominate other nations
but to build a future of security and prosperity for all nations," Obama said
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 24-11-2009 by ModernAcademia]

posted on Nov, 24 2009 @ 12:31 PM
link   

Singh promised increased cooperation with Washington to battle terrorism.

Great... just great!
This will just make India a more dangerous place to live in.

While the U.S. attacks from afar India is right next to U.S.'s enemies.

That could only spell disaster as far as i'm concerned.

www.msnbc.msn.com

posted on Nov, 24 2009 @ 01:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by ModernAcademia

Singh promised increased cooperation with Washington to battle terrorism.

Great... just great!
This will just make India a more dangerous place to live in.

While the U.S. attacks from afar India is right next to U.S.'s enemies.
That could only spell disaster as far as i'm concerned.
www.msnbc.msn.com

I think you are mistaken by the part it will make India more dangerous place to live in. India has been battling terrorism since last 60 years. Even thru the years US was funding Pakistan's I.S.I and military who in turn were launching attacks on India.

If I remember correctly American politicians didn't even acknowledged these were terrorist acts until it's own homeland was hit. Now the whole world is aware what India was saying from longtime, Pakistan Army and I.S.I support terrorist organizations.

However, it will not affect India at all, as it's anyway attacked by Pakistani terrorists for which India remains prepared 24/7..365 days a year. In fact it's good for India, if you go thru the msm in India, blogs and polls you will find much support for USA under Obama admin. in comparison to when Bush was in office.

[edit on 24-11-2009 by December_Rain]

posted on Nov, 24 2009 @ 02:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by December_Rain
US was funding Pakistan's I.S.I and military who in turn were launching attacks on India.

Pakistan Army and I.S.I support terrorist organizations.

See you are correct and the two above statements are scary
U.S. have been financing terroism by financing Pakistan
After after knowing what Pakistan was doing with the money they kept sending it.

if you go thru the msm in India, blogs and polls you will find much support for USA under Obama admin. in comparison to when Bush was in office.

That's even more scary

And the truth is that even when Bush was in power he still had supporters in India, so of course

Bush set the steps for almost ownership of India's crops with GM crops
Then Obama hired Monsanto execs,, again scary

posted on Nov, 24 2009 @ 02:57 PM
link   

Our nations are two global leaders, driven not to dominate other nations

I cannot believe an american president can stand there and say that.

He sounds like those christian zionists, that love what israel are doing to the palestinians.

I wonder does he get sick of having to stand there and lie, for so much of this time he has in office.

posted on Nov, 24 2009 @ 03:05 PM
link   
from op source

Noting that the United States was India's largest trading partner, Obama said broadening trade ties would help create much needed jobs in both countries as governments continue trying to stimulate recession-hit economies.

Does this mean we get to service India while we send the rest of our manufacturing jobs overseas?

This service industry of ours is getting us nowhere fast and dependent on eveyone else.

posted on Nov, 24 2009 @ 05:38 PM
link   

if you go thru the msm in India, blogs and polls you will find much support for USA under Obama admin. in comparison to when Bush was in office.

That's even more scary

And the truth is that even when Bush was in power he still had supporters in India, so of course

Bush set the steps for almost ownership of India's crops with GM crops
Then Obama hired Monsanto execs,, again scary

Actually I followed India's MSM and few friends from there. I personally know of at least 6-7 Indian frens. who canceled their overseas plans to study in US because they were disgusted by GW Bush. So you can imagine in broad scale how the political feelings for Bush was back then.
Ironically, Indians opposed Bush's Iraq invasion even though majority of them are Hindu's and have been attacked by Pakistan's extremist, majority of which happened to be of Muslim heritage. Someone would think like encase of majority of Israeli's who hate all Palestinians and Muslims, India in spite of under attack criticized Bush for Iraq war and the torture scandal, and so did majority of Indians.

If you haven't forgotten, India's last President was Muslim, Dr. Abdul Kalam and the current PM is a Sikh Mr. Manmahon and the biggest party Congress leader is an ex-Italian - Sonya Gandhi. Thru this the point I am telling is I think the current Govt. in India don't really go for the race/religion of leader unlike many of Americans, who simply oppose Mr. Obama because he is black. So from their point of view they will treat Mr. Obama as a US Pres. and view his policies which benefits both country irrespective of what the US MSM portrays it as or the many conservative political blogs.

[edit on 24-11-2009 by December_Rain]

new topics

top topics

join