It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

200,000 animals to be sacrificed at Nepal festival

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 24 2009 @ 02:01 PM
link   
200,000 animals = 1 day at a busy mcdonalds.
still pretty sad, humans suck.

posted on Nov, 24 2009 @ 02:08 PM
link   
What they are going to do is sicking.

posted on Nov, 24 2009 @ 02:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Agent_USA_Supporter

THANK YOU!!

Finally someone agrees with me

posted on Nov, 24 2009 @ 02:27 PM
link   
I find this more humane than the thousands of slaughterhouses which kill millions of animals every year, neither of which probobally even saw green grass or sunlight.

These animals would have had a organic life, at least they had chance to live and wander around the fields and become part of the integrated society and way of life. There not simply killing the entire animal for pleasure or just for *ONE* piece of meat from it. There using the entire animal and sharing it throughout their community.

If anything Western society could learn a hell of a lot from this, than us teaching them how they should eat. People there are healthy and fat-free, not beacause of starvation in that part of the world, but because they respect their diet and see to the animals welfare. In return they get good meat and healthy animals to live from, not only to eat but also to help with crops and carrying goods.

posted on Nov, 24 2009 @ 02:56 PM
link   
...business as usual for humankind.
I think the problem here has more to do with the religion part involving the killing... and the word "sacrifice" (it has a horroble conotation, right?)
But I bet the vast majority of the people attending to this "celebration" are there only for the food part...

I only hope the bufaloes were not fed with corn, other grain and steroids for their whole life.
...and I hope the "chickens" are not some 24 days old 'birds', stuffed with hormones and antibiotics.

I would hate to see cancer numbers growing in Nepal.......

Peace

posted on Nov, 24 2009 @ 03:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by berrygurrl
reply to post by Majiq

I try not to eat meat, and if i do (on occasion) then It's organic and free range. i do feel bad for the animals whether they are in Nepal or slaughtered in the US...

So you do eat meat.

Then some animals were killed because of you. Do you feel yourself repulsive too?

And do you know there are 23 million chicken killed each day in US?

posted on Nov, 24 2009 @ 03:31 PM
link   
Time to thin out the Human herd

posted on Nov, 24 2009 @ 03:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by berrygurrl
reply to post by Agent_USA_Supporter

THANK YOU!!

Finally someone agrees with me

How do you deal with the duality? In one breath you say you are disgusted, yet in another you admit to eating meat.

Free range animals are slaughtered as well. I find it odd that you condemn something that you practice. That is hypocrisy.

posted on Nov, 24 2009 @ 03:54 PM
link   
reply to post by IconoclasticTalamasca

That's something i really don't understand either... Technically, the animals those people from Nepal are going to slaughter are also free range, organically and locally grown...

So it's ok if the OP does it, but it's not ok if some people from Nepal do it?

To the OP, please don't take it the wrong way, i've been a vegetarian for a long time now, i do not condone the killing of animals normally. Actually i don't in this case either. I'm only saying it is NOT worse than what we do in the "western" (i use that term loosely) cultures. On the contrary, those people might actually have some excuses (i bet the geography of Nepal makes a vegetarian lifestyle very difficult).

[edit on 24-11-2009 by Wallachian]

posted on Nov, 24 2009 @ 03:58 PM
link   
reply to post by berrygurrl

I respect your effort to bring animal rights into the limelight. But, my fair chested girl, you are 200 years too late...

Why are you picking on these folks so hard? America has slaughtered innocent turkeys by the 10's of millions so you and your family can eat at grandma's house. What kind of double standard are you trying to communicate? and just like our bloodthirsty holidays on animals, don't you think they raised these animals for this purpose?

Are you saying our Christian based holiday's are more humane than the mountain peoples? If this is your case.... ask our cute lil' farm animals as they tremble in their hooves, horns, claws, beaks and feathers as they are paraded before the knife...

It amazes me how people can justify their beliefs on what they kill & eat, then BASH others for the same thing. This was a poor choice in topics, especially when American butchers have rolled the heads of everything Thanksgiving.

Historically, it has been the Europeans who have tried to wipe out every edible animal in their path. To the point of exstiction! They have enjoyed fur coats and animal by products for centuries... now all of a sudden, they have remorse for creatures so much, Eskimo's are now jailed for just looking at a seal ---

This is pure "superiorty complex" comedy.

[edit on 24-11-2009 by Level X]

posted on Nov, 24 2009 @ 04:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Level X
America has slaughtered innocent turkeys by the 10's of millions so you and your family can eat at grandma's house.

If turkeys are so innocent then why do they have to be pardoned EVERY Thanksgiving? Have you ever seen a turkey's rapsheet?

posted on Nov, 24 2009 @ 04:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by EnlightenUp

Originally posted by Level X
America has slaughtered innocent turkeys by the 10's of millions so you and your family can eat at grandma's house.

If turkeys are so innocent then why do they have to be pardoned EVERY Thanksgiving? Have you ever seen a turkey's rapsheet?

They are all Jive and guilty on all charges... and so are those damn pigs... send em to the oven

posted on Nov, 24 2009 @ 04:37 PM
link   
reply to post by berrygurrl

Well, i had no idea they did this on such a scale. What a wondrous and i bet colourful tradition. Just the thought of all that meat is making me feel hungry. Personally i think it would be a travesty if this was banned.

Great avatar by the way. Nice breasts!

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join