It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Who really built Iraq's arsenal

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 24 2003 @ 10:21 AM
link   
When U.S. troops and allies engage Iraqi forces in battle next month, they will be facing units armed with European weapons continuously delivered to Iraq throughout the course of the embargo � including arms delivered in the last few weeks, reports Joseph Farah's G2 Bulletin, an online intelligence news resource.
www.wnd.com...

posted on Mar, 17 2003 @ 08:58 AM
link   
I would lay money that the reason that the French, Germans and the Russians don't want anyone to go into iraq is because they have probaly sold him most of the weapons that he has. Look at the falklands the French supplied the exocet missiles to the Argantinians. The French our european friend. Bull S**t. If you look at what all three countries produce you get an answer. The Russians they need the money so they sell everything they can.

posted on Mar, 17 2003 @ 01:13 PM
link   
I wonder if the Carlyle group had anything to do with selling arms to Iraq?

posted on Mar, 17 2003 @ 04:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Crawford

Look at the falklands the French supplied the exocet missiles to the Argantinians. The French our european friend. Bull S**t.

Well, you know that I'm NOT pro-France.

But for the Falklands war and the exocet missiles, I don't think that the french were aware of a possible war between GB and Argentina.

It's like when the USA has solded 80 F-14A Tomcat to Iran.They didn't know that the Iranians would sold some of them to the former USSR.

For the Russians and Irak, I think that the Russkys want to have back their money. Saddam has an 8 billions $ loan with them.

OTH, I saw the 60 minutes TV show with The Worm. I agree with you when you write " The French our european friend. "

With friends like France, you don't need to have ennemy.

[Edited on 17-3-2003 by ultra_phoenix]

posted on Mar, 17 2003 @ 04:11 PM
link   
I posted a press release that had showed Iraq's weapon suppliers. It even broke it down by type of weapon, nucvlear, biological etc.

It's somewhere on the board under my name.
Take a look at it. Then see why we are even at this point of war.

Paper. Green paper.
(DUH!)

Dcrt

posted on Mar, 17 2003 @ 10:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by All Seeing Eye
I wonder if the Carlyle group had anything to do with selling arms to Iraq?

If so, then I wouldn't be surprised to learn that the Federal Reserve had been secretly funneling funds to Iraq so that Sodamn Insane could *buy* those weapons...

posted on Mar, 17 2003 @ 10:40 PM
link   
I would lay money that the reason that the French, Germans and the Russians don't want anyone to go into iraq is because they have probaly sold him most of the weapons that he has. Posted by Crawford

I would agree with you. The French in particular are the most unethical and irresponsible arms dealers in the world. However, Iraq was also a major client state for Russia... Russia got very nervous during GW1, as Iraq was equipped with some of the very best of Russian weapons and equipment, and we totally decimated them.

posted on Mar, 18 2003 @ 09:49 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 21 2003 @ 03:53 PM
link   
The answer to that question is simple...
For the most part Romania. I can't prove it, but you should probably acknowledge the possibility, however unlikely, that Romania has been supplying large quantities of weapons. After the Romanian "revolution" in 1990, the weapon producing in Romania is no longer known by the public. Truth is the revolution happened there because the Romanian national hero Ceausescu (who kep Romania completely independent of the Soviet Union) was getting really old and got Alzenheimers. Thusly, his wife was running the show, and to put it in simple terms she was a greedy brutal bitch. So the "revolution" was nothing more than a change in the leadership of the elite of the communist party: the "Securitate", the group that still maintains a totalitarian grip on the country, under the name PSD (Partidul Social Democrat). They are producing so many weapons, its not even funny. And I have 100% reliable sources that Romania in the late 70s early 80s was developing the kind of missiles and weapons that the US is now proud of "pioneering". The Romanian Securitate is THE major weapons provider in the world. So by the law of averages, they probably did equip Saddam.

posted on Mar, 22 2003 @ 03:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by fartacus
And I have 100% reliable sources that Romania in the late 70s early 80s was developing the kind of missiles and weapons that the US is now proud of "pioneering".

Well, you wrote too much or not enough.

Can you give us some details please ?

posted on Mar, 23 2003 @ 10:40 PM
link   
Let's just put it this way: while one of my grandfathers was Regional Director for the Securitate, the other was a Weapons "Maistru" at the Mija complex in Romania.

posted on Mar, 24 2003 @ 06:40 PM
link   
they just bought it from other countries. jeez lol

new topics

top topics

join