It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rider Waite Tarot card "Wheel of fortune" looks like a description found in the book of Ezekiel.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 24 2009 @ 10:28 AM
link   
Here it goes:

this is a picture of that card:

This is what is found in Ezekiel 1:10 and 15

10 And as for the likeness of their faces: there was the face of a man, and the face of a lion on the right side of all the four: and the face of an ox, on the left side of all the four: and the face of an eagle over all the four.

15 Now as I beheld the living creatures, there appeared upon the earth by the living creatures one wheel with four faces.

16 And the appearance of the wheels, and the work of them was like the appearance of the sea: and the four had all one likeness: and their appearance and their work was as it were a wheel in the midst of a wheel.

So?

Nja, just a bit

posted on Nov, 24 2009 @ 10:32 AM
link   
This is because the wheel in Ezekial were supposed to be angels with a chariot and the whell of fortune stands for divine blessings, serendipity, fortune, etc that comes from the divine, this is why the depiction resembles the said verses. A lot of these depictions come from many sources, one of which is the Bible as the tarot's creation is around as old as the Bible is. Read the book of THOTH tarot which really gives a very good reference of where all the depictions come from.

[edit on 24-11-2009 by ldyserenity]

posted on Nov, 24 2009 @ 10:38 AM
link   
yeah, and that card, "The judgement" is shows the ressurection, people getting out of their coffins.

posted on Nov, 24 2009 @ 10:42 AM
link   
Do you know that all one knows about it is useless ldyserenity!

posted on Nov, 24 2009 @ 10:46 AM
link   
Card "The world" also:

ox, lion, face of man and an eagle njah....

posted on Nov, 24 2009 @ 10:47 AM
link   
All the tarot cards are in the bible. The use of ancient psychiatry was common in the time via tarot and other methods.

posted on Nov, 24 2009 @ 11:22 AM
link   
Yes many of the cards have biblical influence. There is also quite a bit of masonic symbolism in them.

The High Priestess in the Waite deck was holding a scrolled marked Tora ( first five books of the Bible ) And she is sitting between two pillars that have J and B on them (Masonic).

I'm sure there are other influences as well but I've definitely noticed quite a few from the Bible and from Masonic symbolism.

posted on Nov, 24 2009 @ 11:32 AM
link   
My $0.02?

Maybe the card was printed to resemble the story in Ezekiel? As in the card was after the story?

Didn't someone post that answer already? Aw freaggin crap.

posted on Nov, 24 2009 @ 11:50 AM
link   
The Fools Journey is like the bible in many ways. Ancient stories were pretty consistent until Walt Disney got ahold of em.

posted on Nov, 25 2009 @ 09:53 AM
link   
Anyway, it sort of doesn't matter what u use for fortunetelling. I've seen there are there using bones and such. Something writes something in your mind and then you know??

posted on Nov, 26 2009 @ 03:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by etherical waterwave
Anyway, it sort of doesn't matter what u use for fortunetelling. I've seen there are there using bones and such. Something writes something in your mind and then you know??

Exactly. It's a form of communication. Usually the benefit of the session is new insight. That's healthy.

What's so beautiful about the bible is that it's filled with love and compassion and usually inspires positive insight.

posted on Nov, 26 2009 @ 12:18 PM
link   
The prayers in which you need to beg for salvation, being afraid all the way are the best. I tell thee for it is the truth. Scared to death the best progress is made. Receiving salvation in suffering.

[edit on 26-11-2009 by etherical waterwave]

posted on Nov, 29 2009 @ 10:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by etherical waterwave
The prayers in which you need to beg for salvation, being afraid all the way are the best. I tell thee for it is the truth. Scared to death the best progress is made. Receiving salvation in suffering.

[edit on 26-11-2009 by etherical waterwave]

Really? Being scared is the best motivation? I don't agree.
The ancients knew the ways of psychological health. Modern man suffers frequently.

new topics

top topics

join