It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is Craig Ferguson the talk show host a secret "patriot"?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 24 2009 @ 10:25 AM
link   
I watch his show every once and a while and never thought too much more than that he was just a talk show host who happens to be an imigrant. One night i saw the mug.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/7f9e85aaba8a.jpg[/atsimg]

I thought it as kind of odd but still maintained curiosity as to weather or not there was hidden meaning behind it. I know he recieved it as a gift from an actress but it still makes me wonder.

Last night I was watching his show and I saw his newest tattoo. This tattoo really made the gears start to turn.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/63a2fce61dab.jpg[/atsimg]

Now I really wonder what is going on here. It is not very often that you see a tattoo like this. This is the ultimate patriot mark. The original woodblock print was done by Benjamin Franklin.

I would like those that are better at digging to do some digging on this matter. There is definatly something awry here.

[edit on 24-11-2009 by LeaderOfProgress]

posted on Nov, 24 2009 @ 10:31 AM
link   
Give his book "American on Purpose" a read.

Rather than those who have been born here the people who have gone out of their way to be here trend toward actually caring about things like the Bill of Rights and the Constitution.

He comes across as more American than most "Americans" I know.

I'm sure all those years working with Drew Carey made an impression him.

posted on Nov, 24 2009 @ 10:40 AM
link   
Your keen observation deserves a star, I'm on the wall about a flag though, as I tend to reserve those for urgent and critical matters of importance.

It's great to see more and more actors and actresses standing up and openly voicing an opinion of value, instead of the usual subliminal advertising. Kudos for Craig, and I'll make an attempt to watch his show in the future to see if I can add to this thread.

posted on Nov, 24 2009 @ 10:49 AM
link   
He probably gets his patriotism form his Scottish (Glaswegian) genes - us Jocks tend to be a passionate bunch

He's a good guy ( i remember him from his Bing Hitler days) - I even had the pleasure of getting absolutely bladdered with his sister Lynn (who's also in the industry) one night she's a real hoot too..

Berth

posted on Nov, 24 2009 @ 11:22 AM
link   
I used to watch Craig's show nightly.

I watched the episode where he went through the citizineship process and became an American.

He has a deep souful passion for America and what America stands for.

I agree with what was said above me. He does act more like an American than a lot of Americans I know.

posted on Nov, 24 2009 @ 11:26 AM
link   
I think his last comedy special was call A Wee Bit of Revolution....

Haha.

posted on Nov, 24 2009 @ 11:28 AM
link   
I met him once at a little food stand near the Van Nuys airport where he keeps his plane. I have to say he was the nicest and coolest celebrity I have ever met! We talked for several minutes and I have been watching his show ever since.

posted on Nov, 24 2009 @ 02:28 PM
link   
reply to post by badmoviefan

I would be interested in meeting him. I would love to ask him a few questions. Where I live we do not see any type of celebs. Hey maybe I could give him another tattoo.

posted on Nov, 24 2009 @ 09:15 PM
link   
The tattoo is surely ironic.

It's just his sense of humour. He's a Brit who joined, instead of dying.

Great tattoo though! I'd get one myself if I were American.

Also, I think you, like too many on here, have a problem in trying to searcg out conspiracies that aren't there.

You saw a cup, so decided to see if there was any hidden meaning?
That's bordering on the obsessive, y'know? It really is almost paranoid obsession. You need to be careful with that. Things are 99% of the time, simply as they appear.

[edit on 24-11-2009 by triplesod]

posted on Nov, 24 2009 @ 11:32 PM
link   
reply to post by LeaderOfProgress

I can get you green room passes for Craig's show if you are ever in LA. I work in advertising and have a little pull, not much but enough for this. I went once and it was fun. He films M-Thu most weeks and it's at about 1 o'clock PST. I need two weeks notice and it's will call so you would need an ID but it's FREE! You would get to meet him and the guests. Nothing asked for it just enjoy and I can make sure that someone at CBS would confirm. I tried to send this U2U but I haven't the required posts. Take care.

posted on Nov, 25 2009 @ 08:53 PM
link   
reply to post by triplesod

First of all I am just observant and decided to see what others thought. Just because I noticed two different patriot symbols does not make me "obsessed". Why could he not be a patriot that immigrated here? Why do you think this is his "humor"?

posted on Nov, 25 2009 @ 10:09 PM
link   
I don't think he's being secretive. I'm not. I came to this country when I was a young child and I am currently going through the 'process'. I know exactly the message he's trying to get across. My family and I came here for freedom and opportunity, and it is quite clear that the principles we hold dear- the ideals we embrace are being abandoned by the very entity entrusted to protect and preserve those ideals.

posted on Nov, 7 2010 @ 08:27 AM
link   
There is another group that uses the snake as a symbol also... The brotherhood of the Serpent or something like that that believes that the snake in the garden of eden was actually god and god was evil for not allowing us the knowledge...

I would agree that most immigrants have stronger beliefs in our constitution than do the ones that were born here and believe they are entitled to everything...

I will have to start watching his show now too...

Another good post OP... If i knew how to give you a star i would.

LIMA

posted on Nov, 7 2010 @ 09:03 AM
link   
Hell yea he's a patriot and he believes in the ideals that we were founded on.

Just look at his story, he was a drunk and a druggie, a nobody, got on a decently popular tv show. Went back to being a drunk, cleaned himself up and now he is hosting his own show. I also would not be surprised if he is poised to take Letterman's spot when he retires.

All because the freedoms this country allows the people living here.

new topics

top topics

join