It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Thwarted Abduction Attempt?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 24 2009 @ 09:56 AM
link   
As a light sleeper I often wake up to the slightest noices at night. This was ingrained in me while in the military.

Last night we had our window open because we like it cold (in 40's) at night. I have two mechanical stops on the window to prevent someone from getting in the window from outside while we are sleeping. Both stops are hard to open from the inside unless you are awake.

I woke up to a strange noise outside. I noticed that our dog was hearing something strange, but not barking. My wife also quit snoring, which meant that she heard something, but did not wake up.

Now this is the strange part. I heard a solo "women's" voice softly singing acappella with a very, very strange ethereal sound. I don't think any human could sing like this. There were no words. My name was being called, but not out loud, but in my mind. I felt a desire to go to the window and look out to see what it was. Just as I was heading for our window our furnace heat pump outside started up and the loud noise drowned out the "singing". I did not hear the singing after the heat pump stopped.

Now many of you would say that it was one of our neighbors. We have our woods behind the house, and behind our property sits another 300 acres of undeveloped woods. Our nearest neighbors are approx 1/4 mile from our house. Our driveway to the road is also 1/4 mile. The only thing we ever hear from those sources are the occasional thump-thump of a car stero.

What was it? An attempted abduction? Jason's sirens? A wood nymph? Vampire?
I have no idea, but I'm glad that heat pump started up when it did.

posted on Nov, 24 2009 @ 10:14 AM
link   
reply to post by alttracks

Swamp gas.....

posted on Nov, 24 2009 @ 10:32 AM
link   
Interesting...want to participate, but have nothing to add.

Will keep an eye on your thread to see how other members relate ideas and experiences

posted on Nov, 24 2009 @ 11:27 AM
link   

Always something before the pay off. Darn the pump.
I want to know what it was, a bit scarey for sure!
Keep us apprised.

posted on Nov, 24 2009 @ 12:07 PM
link   
If it had not been for my wife's response - stopped snoring in reaction to a noise outside, and the dogs response - sitting and looking at the window with her head cocked at an angle and ears perked up, I would not have posted here and would think I had a break with reality.
This was strange!

posted on Nov, 24 2009 @ 12:28 PM
link   

Just curious, will you be alert to possibilities from this.
Meaning does it spook you at all? I can't believe how many ATS members live near wooded areas, I am from the south and had relatives that had woods behind their homes but that would just freak me out.

If you heard it again would you investigate?

posted on Nov, 24 2009 @ 02:10 PM
link   
reply to post by cindymars

I have camped and hunted in woods and swamps most of my life. I have seen racoons argue over which one was going to be pulling or pushing my ice chest. I have had deer (does) come within 2 feet and sniff me while hunting. We have deer, bears, coyote, skunks, bobcat, etc. in our woods all the time and I can identify most of them by their noise at night, even a bobcat"s crying like a baby.
Over the years, three people have reported glowing red eyes at man height here in our woods at night. I have always discounted these as being an animal's reflective eyes.
No, I am not afraid of living near the woods. Even after this.
I think, that if this happens again, I will try to record it on my cellphone. I might ask a friend to borrow his infra-red motion detecting wildlife camera and/or his night vision goggles. Knowing my luck, it will never happen again.
I'm not even going to attempt to tell my wife about this, she's the type who would not believe it even if it sat in broad daylight in front of her.

posted on Nov, 24 2009 @ 03:32 PM
link   
A big outdoor party in the far away distance and a gust of wind in the right direction.

Spooky if there's not enough information at the time for the individual (you) to understand what "it" is.

posted on Nov, 25 2009 @ 06:18 PM
link   
I'm actually just aabout to post an experience i had which may have been a thwarted abduction attempt, i'm also searching for answers too so be vigilant and try to find the truth.
Good luck

posted on Nov, 25 2009 @ 08:21 PM
link   
WOW, there are things that happen to us sometimes that are so strange and unexplained... No doubt that it happened.

Just because we cant grasp it right now, doesn't make it "not real".

I don't think people should blow these things off as they so often do. My advise is to start to really pay attention to things around you. Much more than usual. Even your wife. Have a camera by the bed for example.

Obviously whatever this thing was has interest in you (even your dog noticed). My guess is it may happen again. Who knows, maybe there is nothing to fear.

Good luck! Hope to hear from you again...

( I just realized YOU were the one who found the headpiece in your house.) Something strange is going on for sure. maybe their connected.

[edit on 25-11-2009 by Hoping4thebest]

posted on Nov, 25 2009 @ 09:43 PM
link   
I think it was a wood nymph

new topics

top topics

join