It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Now that's JUSTICE! Demand the same for wall street!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 24 2009 @ 09:19 AM
link   

BEIJING – China executed a dairy farmer and a milk salesman Tuesday, the only two people sentenced to death in a scheme to water down infant formula with an industrial chemical that left at least six children dead and sickened more than 300,000.

China executes 2 for role in tainted milk scandal

Now that's what I call justice! Say what you will about Chinese human rights violations, on this one , they got it right!

We could definately learn from their example. Quick and sure justice gets results. The dirtbags have already been executed. EEEEAAAAH HAW!

Xinhua said news of the execution had been issued by the Shijiazhuang Municipal Intermediate People's Court, although a court clerk who answered the phone Tuesday said he was unable to confirm the sentences had been carried out. Most executions in China are carried out by firing squad.

I hope they were dragged in front of the courthouse and shot like dogs in the street!

Now, we need to demand the same for those scumbag Wallstreet bankers who caused this economic mess!

These dirtbags are criminals on a global scale! their actions had reprecussions not just locally, but worldwide. They have plunged the whole world economy into darkness and NO ONE has yet called for their heads on a pike!

I say the time has come.

Wall Street bankers have gotten away with stealing form the public on a scale incomprehensible to the human mind. Their actions should amount to the GREATEST crime against humanity of all time. They have, throught their greed and deception, brought misery, starvation and probably even death in some parts to the peoples of the world.

While the world suffers, the Wall Street bankers sit in their HUGE mansions, sipping tropical drinks by their heated pools and collecting record setting bonuses!

I cannot understand why the world community hasn't called for the US to bring these criminals to justice!!?? All you ATS'ers out there outside the US, aren't you upset that a few bankers in the US screwed up the economy OF THE WHOLE WORLD!?! Speak up, let us hear your voice!

We can't wait for our "leaders" to call for justice, Wall Street owns them all. This needs to be a grassroots level action to show them all that ENOUGH IS ENOUGH!!

The people of the world need to speak up to their leaders and demand "Justice for Wall Street!". Only if there is a HUGE groundswell of outrage can we force our leaders to finally take action against the greatest and most horrific criminals of all time!

If I had the carpentry skills and the money to do so, I would build a gallows on my front lawn and hang a sign on it proclaiming "Justice for Wall Street!!".

Maybe putting TPTB that "We the people" are ready to take the law into our own hands and dispense some fronteer style justice will force them to finally take action against these criminals!

What do you say people, let's build some "Gallows for Wall Street!"

posted on Nov, 24 2009 @ 12:52 PM
link   
If a lunatic rants in the woods and no one hears, is it still a rant??

posted on Nov, 24 2009 @ 12:55 PM
link   
DAMN! They executed them? here in america, theyde probably get 24 locked up...in china they execute you! interesting to know!

posted on Nov, 24 2009 @ 01:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by FortAnthem
If a lunatic rants in the woods and no one hears, is it still a rant??

No. But good thread. That's the difference between Communism and what ever we have in America.

The legal system here is soooo screwed up. I don't even want to start.

posted on Nov, 24 2009 @ 01:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by ziggy1706
DAMN! They executed them? here in america, theyde probably get 24 locked up...in china they execute you! interesting to know!

I'm not saying we should adopt the whole Chinese "oppressive dictatorship" thing.

I'm just saying, in this one case, they got it right. Those people poisened thousands of people and got swift and sure justice.

In the meantime the folks who caused the whole global financial meltdown thingy aren't held accountable.....

DISGUSTING!!!!

posted on Nov, 24 2009 @ 01:59 PM
link   
So who are the folks who caused this meltdown? Is it Bill Clinton? Is it Alan Greenspan for making interest rates so low that all you needed to get a loan is a pulse? Is it Bush Jr's directive to push banks into selling homes to everyone even if it was risky so people could live the "American dream"? Was it the thousands of people who sold these mortgages and houses to people because the new laws made it so easy to make money you'd have to be stupid not to take advantage of it? Maybe it was the banks who bought these mortgages from these people to increase their asset base and gain a few % on the payments. Maybe it was the wall st firms who bought these packages of loans from the banks without really knowing the true risk involved. Maybe it was all those people at home who buy stocks, or 401k managers who also bought the REITs because it was "low risk" and provided a safe return. Mayybe it was just good ol Ben Bernanke who decided to raise rates 17 times in a row that caused a ticking time bomb for ARMs and subprimes. Maybe it was our real estate system that decreases values of neighboring houses if one in the neighborhood forecloses, making it not worthwhile anymore for the financial stable family to keep paying more than the house is now worth.

Its easy to blame a few people but this is a LOT more complex than just wall st who was sold the bag and then just resold the bag.

Maybe ill add more but im at work right now. gotta go.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Nov, 24 2009 @ 03:06 PM
link   
reply to post by LOLZebra

Good point, there is plenty of blame to go around here.

The big banks and the government were both in bed here. They knew the system was bound to fall apart, but they kept ratcheting up the pressure on the market until the whole thing exploded.

Someone needs to be held accountable. This is a Global financial collapse created right here in the good ole' U.S. of A. by OUR bankers and OUR govt. All because of the housing bubble!!

Why the collected nations of the world haven't demanded accountability from us I cannot fathom.

posted on Nov, 24 2009 @ 03:26 PM
link   
reply to post by FortAnthem

Because their negligence resulted in the deaths of six children, and the weakening of hundreds of thousands more, then the punishment certainly should have been harsh. It was really negligent homicide.

I just wonder if our FDA permitted the importing of any of that toxic mess to the U.S.....?

And yes, too, on Wall Street. I'm so sick of them I could scream. They should all be in prison, even if they remotely knew or know what has and is going on and remain quiet about it. Wall Street needs more whistleblowers. Ah, but if they blow the whistle they might lose their place in line for the next....big bonus, or summer vacation home.

These people have no conscience whatsoever, apparently.

posted on Nov, 24 2009 @ 03:36 PM
link   
reply to post by LOLZebra

It really isn't as complex as some would have you believe. I shall illustrate with a story:

WingNuts LLC is a chain of flight schools and publicly traded. Now, a flight school trains people to fly, certifies them as ready to be tested by the FAA examiner and then the student gets their pilot license. WingNuts was doing a decent business and their stock was doing well when an investment counselor told them that they could make alot more money if they could get more people through the program. Lots of people wanted to be pilots but only a small percentage were adpet enough to learn the skills and pass the test.

So word went out that it was easy to get your pilots license if you paid for the 'accelerated program'. Meanwhile, some money changed hands to replace the FAA examiner with someone willing to 'look the other way'. And to encourge the medical examiners to make people appear more medically suitable than they might otherwise be. WingNuts was running people through the program at an unprecedented rate. I mean who wouldn't want to be a pilot? The school was telling people it was easy and why shouldn't they believe the school?

WingNuts stock was soaring. Money was being made. The FAA examiner was looking the other way. But all of a sudden airplanes started falling out of the sky. People werre dying. The public was afraid to get on commercial flights. People became afraid to go outside. Insurance companies began to fail because of all the claims. Then reputable flight schools felt the impact as even qualified students were being denied out of fear.

The moral of the story: So what if everyone wanted to be a pilot? It was the school's responsibility to QUALIFY those students to make sure they had the skills to fly safely and pass the test. It was the FAA's responsibility to put a competent, responsible examiner in place to oversee the school.

Same situation in the housing collapse (despite what Rush and others want to make you believe). So what if people wanted to buy a house they couldn't afford? It was the bank/mortgage company's responsibility to QUALIFY those people. Not falsify loan documents and appraisals. It was the GOVERNMENT'S responsibility to OVERSEE that activity to prevent exactly what happened from happening.

The Rush-inclined apologists want you to blame CRA, Clinton, HUD, Fannie Mae, etc. from promoting homeownership. Homeownership is vital to the country and a good thing. But the organizations truly at the heart of this bloodbath were mostly outside the purview of the CRA. And I defy you to show me where it says that it's ok to falsify appraisals and loan applications.

yea, it's really easy to affix blame. I wish someone had the balls to do it.

posted on Nov, 24 2009 @ 03:40 PM
link   
Likely, they only executed them because the poisoning wasn't government sanctioned.

Nice to see that though...it would have been fitting to execute them through the same means that they inflicted on their victims.

Just my 2-cents

posted on Nov, 24 2009 @ 03:43 PM
link   
reply to post by jtma508

Best darn explanation of the banking scandal I have read yet!

Thanx for contributing.

posted on Nov, 24 2009 @ 05:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Aggie Man

Quite frankly I'm surprised they didn't specify on the cans of formula:
"this formula for female infants only". Whoops. That was mean.

To jtma508: Excellent explanation. Thanks for taking the time, it was good clarification.

top topics

join