It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Israel holds over 370 Palestinian children captive

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 24 2009 @ 08:50 AM
link   

Israel holds over 370 Palestinian children captive

www.presstv.ir

The media liaison at the Palestinian ministry in charge of prisoners' affairs says that Israel is currently holding captive more than 370 child detainees; all under the age of 18.

"Child detainees are sent to courts that prosecute cases of adult detainees. This is a flagrant violation of International Law. Dozens of detained Palestinian children undergo a series of harsh trials under a legal system that treats them the same as apprehended adults," Riyadh al-Ashqar told the official Hamas-run Al-Aqsa TV network on Monday.
Al-Ashqar went on to note that the child detainees are not immun
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Nov, 24 2009 @ 08:50 AM
link   
Im sure this will take on the usual side vs. side discussion that any story involving Palestine and Israel does but the big picture in this article is the Children being detained. If you change the countries involved to Sweden holding 370 Finnish children you should feel the same outrage that it is CHILDREN.

www.presstv.ir
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Nov, 24 2009 @ 08:53 AM
link   
OP, your AV makes me uncomfortable

Anyhow, this is disgusting
actually this is a very busy news day it seems, busier than i've seen in a long time.

But ya it's horrible, 370 children?
370 parents must be panicking like crazy

Israel was going too far, it went too far and now it's trying to surpass itself

bottom line, this is EVIL!

posted on Nov, 24 2009 @ 08:57 AM
link   
reply to post by ModernAcademia

Yeah the AV is a wicked oil painting that Heath Ledger sat for a couple months before he died, it was removed by a MOD on ATS because he has his shirt off. I was pissed off so a little Paint action and my skills created the resulting monstrocity.
To the real issue, thats essentially a school taken captive. Even if these are so called "children of war" there are Geneva code standards for handling these situations and cramming children into cells is not one of them.

posted on Nov, 24 2009 @ 08:58 AM
link   
Get on to your elected officials now ! what are we if we allow this to continue. I have contacted the scottish national press and my elected councilor and mp. Please dont write your condemnations of this assault on children in here, get it mainstream.

If there is a power, being, god or whatever, something must be done about israels treatment of the children.

Respects

posted on Nov, 24 2009 @ 09:02 AM
link   
Ugh this isn't news. But I'm glad it's getting some more airtime. People need to really look at what's going on over there. And why.

posted on Nov, 24 2009 @ 09:07 AM
link   
reply to post by Hack28

What are the crimes and ages of these kids? There are Americans kids in jail and tried as adults for crimes they commit.... So before you shoot off at the mouth Modern. Think about it.

[edit on 24-11-2009 by poedxsoldiervet]

posted on Nov, 24 2009 @ 09:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by poedxsoldiervet
reply to post by Hack28

What are the crimes and agees of these kids? There are Americans kids in jail and tried as adults for crimes they commit.... So before you shoot off at the mouth Modern. Think about it.

Not quite sure what you're attempting to say here, but google "palestinian children in prison" for your answers.

[edit on 24-11-2009 by ~Lucidity]

posted on Nov, 24 2009 @ 09:13 AM
link   

reply to post by Hack28

What are the crimes and ages of these kids? There are Americans kids in jail and tried as adults for crimes they commit.... So before you shoot off at the mouth Modern. Think about it.

This is direct from the article:
"Many of the Palestinian children in Israeli jails are arrested for nothing more than throwing rocks at heavily-armed Israeli troops and armored personnel carriers, the Palestinian Center for Defending Prisoners reported in early April.

The prison authorities place eight to ten children in a four meter square room, and routinely vilify them, put them under psychological pressure at every turn and even molest some of the children, the report added."

Perhaps you should click on a link before commenting, yes the US has children prisoners but they are housed seperate from other inmates in specialized prisons that are strictly monitored. Unlike this scenario which is occuring under the veil of Israel.

posted on Nov, 24 2009 @ 09:13 AM
link   
reply to post by ~Lucidity

What I am saying is this, If those kids commited crimes, such as Murder, then try them as Adults, if they are being held because there dad blow himself up in the name of Allah, then its wrong.

posted on Nov, 24 2009 @ 09:15 AM
link   
reply to post by Hack28

Question for you, are you in Isreal? Are you seeing this stuff first hand? Anyone can spew propaganda to make one look like a bad guy.

If what you are saying is true something needs to be done, but I highly doubt its widespread like this article makes it out to be.

posted on Nov, 24 2009 @ 09:18 AM
link   
Interesting that this comes from Press TV - the Iranian State Propaganda Outlet. No political motivation there huh?

Personally, I'd rather see Palestinians locked up for throwing stones / petrol bombs than Israeli children blown up by suicide bombers on school buses. Sounds harsh, but that's the kind of unpleasant decision that Israelis authorities have to make.

But it's very easy to sit in judgement and call it evil when you don't face that reality.

posted on Nov, 24 2009 @ 09:21 AM
link   
These Children (if truly detained) are being detained for a reason. A terrorist act is a terrorist act no matter who is carrying it out. Just because they are under the age of 18 doesn't mean that Israel doesn't have the right to prosecute them to the FULL EXTENT OF THE LAW. We all judge, but unless you have lived through the terror that exists there you have no idea. Also, the Palestinians are always constantly spreading false and half truths to try and turn the World against Israel and toward them.

posted on Nov, 24 2009 @ 09:23 AM
link   
There is already a thread discussing the same issue
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Nov, 24 2009 @ 09:24 AM
link   

reply to post by Hack28

Question for you, are you in Isreal? Are you seeing this stuff first hand? Anyone can spew propaganda to make one look like a bad guy.

If what you are saying is true something needs to be done, but I highly doubt its widespread like this article makes it out to be.

No I am not in Israel, and i think you raise a good point. It is NOT known how widespread this is, it is only one report. Safe to say though that 370 children is widespread enough for their family members.
Listen last thing im going to claim to be is an expert on the issue, i am bringing the information to you all to look into it if it interests you and to pass over if it does not. I originally stated this is a Children being held story more so than an Israel vs Palenstine story but i was aware the comments would immdediatly turn that way.

posted on Nov, 24 2009 @ 09:26 AM
link   
reply to post by December_Rain

My apologies i did check around but did not see yours. No ill intentions.

posted on Nov, 24 2009 @ 09:27 AM
link   
What I think we can all agree on is that it's sad to see childhoods being cut short by this bloody conflict - on both sides.

Let's hope for a time when this is all a thing of the past.

posted on Nov, 24 2009 @ 09:27 AM
link   
Hey, look at the bright side. Israel is saving these kid's lives by holding them. Every day they are locked up means one less day they can strap on bombs and blow themselves up in the name of Allah.

OP, what do you think Hezbollah does when they capture Israeli kids?? That's right....."off with their heads"...

Day after day the Israel/Jew bashing never stops, does it?

posted on Nov, 24 2009 @ 09:30 AM
link   
reply to post by Hack28

Don't worry about people who will find any excuse to imprison kids unless it's their own, the important thing is getting the news out so many more people know about it. The other thread I mentiond has two different sources reporting Israel has kidnapped approx. 6200 childrens since 2000, 370 are still in custody.

for the efforts.

posted on Nov, 24 2009 @ 09:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by Signals
Hey, look at the bright side. Israel is saving these kid's lives by holding them. Every day they are locked up means one less day they can strap on bombs and blow themselves up in the name of Allah.

Are you at all familiar with what's going on in Palestine?
Even 1% knowledgable of what's going on there?

Blowing themselves up in the name of Allah??????

Holy Ignoramus Batman....
Dude, read a book or something

Do you have ANY idea what's going on there?

These people want freedom and their land bank, it has ZERO relevance with religion. It's Israelis on the other hand that believe the land was given to them by god.

unbelievable some people
what a comment

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join