It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Coincidence

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 24 2009 @ 08:47 AM
link   
Hello, I recently went into a Oxfam (charity shop)to purchase a book. The Oxfam i sometimes visit is a great place to purchase cheap books and has a great selection of books regarding the paranormal, ufo's etc.

I had recently become interested in reading about coincidences and I was after a certain book which was Arthur Koestler: The Roots Of Coincidence and by coincidence found that book in the book shop. When I went to open the front page of the book to see how much it cost someone had written:

To Peter hope you enjoy it lots of love A x (btw Peter is my name) and in the top right they had also written a date which was my birthday. What a coincidence I thought and got me thinking what other strange and great coincidences have happened to other members of this site......

posted on Nov, 24 2009 @ 08:53 AM
link   
reply to post by eddiemaiden_80

I don't believe in coincidence.
Nor do I play with dice.

posted on Nov, 24 2009 @ 09:04 AM
link   
Fair comment. I choose to disagree though sometimes there are too many coincidence to just make it pure chance. It’s as if a higher unseen power is at work and besides it’s nice to believe there is, I feel it adds force to the force but you prob don’t believe in that new age spiel mannnnnnn.

posted on Nov, 24 2009 @ 09:13 AM
link   

I believe in coincidence

what else could that be besides coincidence?

love that - a real good one

:-)

posted on Nov, 24 2009 @ 09:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by eddiemaiden_80
Hello, I recently went into a Oxfam (charity shop)to purchase a book. The Oxfam i sometimes visit is a great place to purchase cheap books and has a great selection of books regarding the paranormal, ufo's etc.

I had recently become interested in reading about coincidences and I was after a certain book which was Arthur Koestler: The Roots Of Coincidence and by coincidence found that book in the book shop. When I went to open the front page of the book to see how much it cost someone had written:

To Peter hope you enjoy it lots of love A x (btw Peter is my name) and in the top right they had also written a date which was my birthday. What a coincidence I thought and got me thinking what other strange and great coincidences have happened to other members of this site......

Cant say anything else other than I love the story...

I do have a coincidence story..but it revolves around me getting out of a potentially unlawful situation by sheer and very bizarre luck...could be against T&cs, but I do marvel at it..

posted on Nov, 24 2009 @ 09:30 AM
link   

When I was a freshman in high school, I went with my grandma to her friend's house and we were talking about how much I wanted to get a class ring. My grandma said she and my mom agreed I could get one my senior year and not before. A few weeks later, my grandma's friend came over and brought me a present. In the box was an old class ring from my school. I looked inside the ring and the inscription was my mom's initials and her graduation date.

I asked my grandma's friend where she had gotten the ring and she said a yard sale in North Carolina 10 years before. She said something told her she had to buy that ring and had forgotten about it til we were all talking about class rings a few weeks before. When mom got home and I showed her and she started crying. My father had sold it at a pawn shop in Ohio to feed them for a few days, the year before I was born. Somehow that ring went from Ohio, to NC to my grandma's best friend and then made it to Florida to me. Coincidence?

I have no idea but it always awed me the way it happened. My mom let me keep the ring until I got my own my senior year. For years she wore it and told the tale to anyone she could. Sadly a few years ago, it was stolen from our hotel room on a family vacation. Still though, it seems like a good coincidence to me.

edit for spelling.

[edit on 24-11-2009 by rhiannonslair]

posted on Nov, 24 2009 @ 09:38 AM
link   
reply to post by rhiannonslair

What a great story, that defo beats mine, sad to hear the ring was stolen though, maybe it might come back in the future to one of your children if/when you have them....

posted on Nov, 24 2009 @ 09:41 AM
link   

My daughter said that the other day. She gets her class ring next year.

A part of me is hoping it will. When it was stolen it was in Virginia. Wonder if it will make it back to Florida a second time.

[edit on 24-11-2009 by rhiannonslair]

posted on Nov, 24 2009 @ 09:47 AM
link   
Great story. Perfect example of a coincidence. It makes you wonder about the fabric of reality.

posted on Nov, 24 2009 @ 09:52 AM
link   
That is more than a coincidence! That's amazing, never heard of such a coincidental coincidence... There must be a reason you found it.

Either that or some time traveler has you punked!

Good one, Flag for you

posted on Nov, 24 2009 @ 09:54 AM
link   

I think you might like this thread, Peter.

I'd love to hear comments especially about the next-to-last story.

posted on Nov, 24 2009 @ 10:04 AM
link   
yesterday, I went to a pal I didn't see for a while, I went to his house and used the doorbell. I saw the lights going down in his house through the door window, then he openend the door saying... HA??!?! are you standing here waiting for a long time by now??? I said no, I used your doorbell and you came to open the door.?.. No, he said, the bell doesn't work anymore, I was going to class. HAHAHA, that was funny. What a creation.

[edit on 24-11-2009 by etherical waterwave]

posted on Nov, 25 2009 @ 05:27 AM
link   
reply to post by etherical waterwave

Telepathy!
I love it when that happens...

posted on Nov, 25 2009 @ 05:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by Spiramirabilis

I believe in coincidence

what else could that be besides coincidence?

love that - a real good one

:-)

Perhaps destiny? Now what is destiny would be a little more complex topic to discuss.

@OP: Your account gave me goosebumps!

Btw, I don't believe in coincidences. Everything has a reason to be.

[edit on 25-11-2009 by Geladinhu]

top topics

join