It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hatred for Christians

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 24 2009 @ 11:00 AM
link   
www.politicalislam.com...

Here's a list of some of the ways Christians are being persecuted in the world today.

Search out more if you like.

posted on Nov, 24 2009 @ 11:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by jinx880101
reply to post by On the Edge

And aren't Christians there being murdered for their beliefs?

Not that I know of. Whatever gave you that idea, it's the first I've heard of it.

You'll find the uk government microwaved irish rep in nor ireland, just for being catholic.

Thats being murdered for being christians, isn't it.

posted on Nov, 24 2009 @ 11:06 AM
link   
We don't live in a perfect world,

There is nothing productive about hate and intolerance,

You can either look for the good where it can be found or dwell on the bad,

For instance,
www.guardian.co.uk...

Can you imagine what people would say if Christians took up animal sacrifice?

What does hatred solve?

WE should strive to find common ground and a willingness to understand one another.

[edit on 113030p://bTuesday2009 by Stormdancer777]

posted on Nov, 24 2009 @ 11:07 AM
link   
www.persecutionblog.com...

Here's another resource for information about persecution.

It's real and happening ! It might not be MainStreamNews,but we here don't settle for just what's on the surface of things,do we?

As I've said here earlier,Christians should rejoice for being persecuted in His name,because He said this would happen.

And we don't wage war as the world does,so I wouldn't expect to see true Christians firing back either.

God is seperating the wheat from the chaff.

posted on Nov, 24 2009 @ 11:09 AM
link   
I also wanted to say that is where love and forgiveness, comes in.

If we truly loved one another there is no need for any law, because love would conquer,

posted on Nov, 24 2009 @ 11:15 AM
link   
reply to post by Muckster

Why do some christians keep posting hate threads about how atheists (and others) are hating on them? Do you not see the hypocricy in starting a hate thread against atheists all the while claiming it's because the atheists are hating on christians? This entire thread is meant to bait atheists.. then of course you can cry "I'm persecuted" when they take the bait. Hey maybe another christian can use the reponses from this thread to justify yet another anti atheist/unbeliever thread!

[edit on 24-11-2009 by riley]

posted on Nov, 24 2009 @ 11:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by Stormdancer777
We don't live in a perfect world,

There is nothing productive about hate and intolerance,

You can either look for the good where it can be found or dwell on the bad,

For instance,
www.guardian.co.uk...

Can you imagine what people would say if Christians took up animal sacrifice?

What does hatred solve?

WE should strive to find common ground and a willingness to understand one another.

[edit on 113030p://bTuesday2009 by Stormdancer777]

Uhm... animal sacrifices are all through the bible. the christian god loved it.

I completely agree with you in looking for love and the good in things, but along with that should come the denial of evil.

I live a good life and treat everyone as I would like to be treated. If someone is toxic or harmful in their way of thinking, I deny them. If I cannot deny the evil, I fight it with everything I have.

This is why I deny christianity and let those who chcoose that path follow it to where ever it leads them so long as it is not infringing on my person. When it does, I let it be known.

Being nice to one another does not require a book that also instructs you to do harm.

[edit on 11/24/09 by IconoclasticTalamasca]

posted on Nov, 24 2009 @ 11:16 AM
link   
reply to post by Stormdancer777

Psalm 51:16

"You do not delight in sacrifice,or I would bring it,you do not take pleasure in burnt offerings.
The sacrifices of God are a broken spirit and contrite heart,O God,you will not despise."

posted on Nov, 24 2009 @ 11:18 AM
link   

Have you ever read the New testament ?

I've read a couple obviously not all of them but they mostly say much the same, you ?

BLOKE : You should think like this and act this way

MOO : Why ?

BLOKE : God says so

MOO: Which god ?

BLOKE : Your god there's only one

MOO : How do you know this ?

BLOKE : It says so in this book

MOO : Who wrote that book?

BLOKE : Well , er god did

MOO : How do you know this ?

BLOKE : Well er god inspired men to write it but it's gods' word

MOO : How do you know this?

BLOKE : Well er, um I know through the spirit

MOO : You been drinking ?

BLOKE : No I mean the spirit of god tells me this book is his word

MOO : NO thanks, I'm perfectly happy enjoying my life

BLOKE : You will go to hell, blah blah

MOO : Yeah right, give me the book I'll read it anyway

BLOKE : Oh er um , well would you like to join us to study it ?

MOO: No thanks dude I can read.

BLOKE: Well er um , what if there's something you don't understand and need help with.

MOO : I have a dictionary, besides why should a book from a god be difficult to understand ?

BLOKE : Well er um--------

MOO : You want to lend me the book or not dude ?

BLOKE : Er um Ok would you like to join us at -----

MOO : No just give me the book

TWO DAYS LATER

BLOKE; Hey moo how the book would you like to discuss it ?

MOO : I've not finished, you need it back already ?

BLOKE : Oh! no no just seeing if your getting on ok with it

MOO : It's a book not a hamster

BLOKE : Ah yes well er, shall I call back ?

To be continued upon request -----

. But God demonstrated His love for us in this:While we were still sinners,Christ died for us.

No one died for me dude you have no evidence of this. I was not there no one asked me so I decline to be involved with anyone elses death.

If jesus is the creator of all that there is, then it was his idea and nothing to do with me I would merely be something created in a given manner.For me to act contrary to to how I was created would imply that there is something that is not created by the creator.

posted on Nov, 24 2009 @ 11:27 AM
link   
reply to post by riley

Hey maybe another christian can use the reponses from this thread to justify yet another anti atheist/unbeliever thread!

I'll let you in on a secret, I once pasted responses from one thread to another sometimes I even pasted their own words back to them.

The result was meaningless gibberish totally out of context, but i still got replies of bible quotes and such back lol.

That was a long time ago and I've not done it since, no disrespect to xtian posters here, I only did it to a few cretins.

posted on Nov, 24 2009 @ 11:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by moocowman

No one died for me dude you have no evidence of this. I was not there no one asked me so I decline to be involved with anyone elses death.

Robbie said he did.. but at the end of the song he says he didn't. He must be telling the truth because.. well just because.

That song woke me up and it's been bloody stuck in my head all day. Full circle.. he must've spent way too much time in this forum as well.

posted on Nov, 24 2009 @ 11:31 AM
link   
reply to post by moocowman

No one is telling you what to believe or not believe.

You do spend alot of time and energy on this topic though. I wonder why.

You have "hate" in your very signature. Seems like a waste of time to me.If I didn't believe in something,I'd just go find something I liked and believed in,and focus on that,in a positive way!

I find joy in what I believe,so I do focus on it,but there's no hate for others in anything I'm saying.(You saw what I posted about what the Lord hates,right?...Still,I'm not out to attack people who do those things! God says to love one another. That's what I try to do!)

posted on Nov, 24 2009 @ 11:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by moocowman
reply to post by riley

Hey maybe another christian can use the reponses from this thread to justify yet another anti atheist/unbeliever thread!

I'll let you in on a secret, I once pasted responses from one thread to another sometimes I even pasted their own words back to them.

The result was meaningless gibberish totally out of context, but i still got replies of bible quotes and such back lol.

I imagine something similar happened several centuries ago when people were trying to argue with eachother on scrolls. Some romans got them mixed up and thats how we got the bible.

That was a long time ago and I've not done it since, no disrespect to xtian posters here, I only did it to a few cretins.

You do have a way with words Sir.

posted on Nov, 24 2009 @ 11:33 AM
link   
reply to post by riley

Why do some christians keep posting hate threads about how atheists (and others) are hating on them? Do you not see the hypocricy in starting a hate thread against atheists all the while claiming it's because the atheists are hating on christians? This entire thread is meant to bait atheists.. then of course you can cry "I'm persecuted" when they take the bait. Hey maybe another christian can use the reponses from this thread to justify yet another anti atheist/unbeliever thread!

How is this a hate thread against atheists??

I don’t hate atheists or their belief/non-belief!!

I was simply trying to address why SOME atheists hate Christians

I have said in previous posts how i believe it is only a minority of atheists who hate Christians... I welcome any honest and open debate on Christianity/Religion that does not contain sarcasm and hate!

I have not once insulted atheists with name calling or childish sarcasm.

To be honest I am happy with my conduct in this thread and am sad that I have to justify myself for asking a simple question.

Would you accuse a Black person of racism if he asked the question "why are some white people racist?"

Would you accuse a white person of racism if they asked “Why are some black people racist?”

Would you accuse a woman of sexism if she asked "why are some men sexist?"

Surely these are legitimate questions to ask and are worthy of a good debate!

posted on Nov, 24 2009 @ 11:33 AM
link   

I dunno. Stay outta my face and I stay outta yours is pretty much my motto.

Why do so many Christians hate atheists?

posted on Nov, 24 2009 @ 11:38 AM
link   
I imagine it is down to location.

Atheism requires intelligence and logical thinking, to deny indoctrination and ignorance. Western countries will have a much higher proportion of atheists due to having a strong educational system and therefore more intelligent people. If you look at an average IQ map of the world it is western countries that are highest, along with the oriental countries.

Western countries also have better access to the internet and therefore, forums such as this one. The dominant religion in western countries is christianity. Therefore its story is the most well known and the obvious one to be 'discussed' as the people who will be debating with you are also likely to be from western countries, so more than likely, it will be their religion.

Plus there is the fact that its story is particularly ridiculous and thus easier to riddicule. Or as the OP puts it, 'hated'.

posted on Nov, 24 2009 @ 11:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by Muckster
reply to post by riley

How is this a hate thread against atheists??

I don’t hate atheists or their belief/non-belief!!

I was simply trying to address why SOME atheists hate Christians

Originally posted by Muckster
Why do so many Atheists hate Christianity?!?!

Understand now?!?!

I see you've left yourself a nice little out with "some" but with all the ?!?! it doesn't really look like you meant just some. You are talking about atheists and how so very mean we are to poor chistians. I swear.. it's like you stood up on a table in a cafe and screamed "WHY DO SOME ATHEISTS HATE CHRISTIANITY?!?!" and now of course you act surprised when people throw food at you.

You weren't very subtle with your anti atheist hate thread so don't cry victim when we merely state the bleeding obvious.

edit. I have no doubt you'll use my post as evidence to support your OP.

posted on Nov, 24 2009 @ 11:41 AM
link   

From the answers you have received from the nonbelievers who have answered, myself included, has it helped you gain a better understanding of why some people, including atheists, have an issue with christianity and some christians? Can you see how the religion and its followers can be a little..off-putting... to some?

EDIT: I see the above poster asked the same question as myself, worded a little differently though. LOL..

[edit on 11/24/09 by IconoclasticTalamasca]

posted on Nov, 24 2009 @ 11:51 AM
link   
hold on here...Athiests (and agnostics..dont leave my group out) hate forces imposed on them by someones fiction.

Its like if Star Trek became a religion some years down the road, and suddenly on our money we had "May the Q continum be beneviolent towards our species and protect us from the borg", it would thrill the Trekkinites but the ones not on the path of Kirkism would be frustrated whenever they were given sermons by politicians of how the prime directive should be in our courthouses and taught in our schools.

You may chuckle at that, but its absolutely the same thing...Replace the word God with Q, replace Jesus with Kirk, and futurize the words (chariots = federation class starships, etc)...

Thats what we hear...now, when you ask, why do they hate us...how would you feel if someone with the aforementioned religion was talking to you in these terms...you would think he is cracked, a product of brainwashing, and you would think their critical thinking is completely absent.

As far as one flavor over another...they are all the same to me...any structured mythology belief is crazy just as any other...be it christian, islam, judism, scientology, etc...

Personal spiritualism is fine, and its your connection to the universe...just keep it to yourself and your friends/family...once you go into the public..expect to be laughed at.

live long and prosper.

posted on Nov, 24 2009 @ 11:59 AM
link   

Why do so many Atheists hate Christianity?

It is frustrating to Atheists to see people brainwashed like this. Christians are seen as sick, and need help. And when the sick people don't want help, frustration turns to hate.

[edit on 24-11-2009 by wiredamerican]

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join