It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hatred for Christians

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 24 2009 @ 08:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by Muckster
I could just as easily argue that books like "the God Delusion" is fear-mongering, money swindling scam. The Richard Dawkins is nothing more than someone who preaches a biased personal view as truth!

This book is a rational argument not a belief. Dawkins latest book however is not.

I cannot comment about other countries but in the UK I haven't noticed anyone having a problem with Christians. There aren't a lot of them though.

[edit on 24/11/2009 by LightFantastic]

posted on Nov, 24 2009 @ 08:20 AM
link   
reply to post by DevolutionEvolvd

No need to apologise and thanks for a thoughtful and polite response

If you think about it most people think that their belief, whatever that may be, is right and everybody else is wrong!

If they didn’t then they would believe what they believe

In my opinion it only becomes arrogant when you put others down because of your belief... if you try to belittle... are sarcastic and rude... and refuse to respect others opinion... then thats when you are arrogant.

Also, ask yourself this, What is a fact??

What do you really know as fact?? What do you really know that hasn’t been taught to you by someone else???
You have to have faith in something to formulate an opinion.

Thanks again

[edit on 24-11-2009 by Muckster]

posted on Nov, 24 2009 @ 09:16 AM
link   
Muckster,I think deep down you already know the answer to your question,because it is in the Bible!

Because Jesus was persecuted,his followers would be,too! "Count it as joy...!"

And from what Revelation tells us,it's going to get alot worse! So put on your armor(Eph.6:11) and stand firm!

The new "Hate-Crimes" that were enacted does criminalize the word of God in alot of ways.

Who is the war really toward? Christians,or God in general? Remember who the adversary really is. It's Satan,not people.

As a Christian,I pray for those I feel Satan has bound through worldly beliefs. I don't hate people any more than Jesus did,he only hated the sin!
The word "hate" is being so over-used these days,if one so much as opposes anyone else's views,they're "haters". How ignorant is that?!

It's a good subject you've raised,Muckster. Today,no one wants to hear about Jesus,and labels all who believe as mindless followers of that "old guy in the sky"!

Talk about being "followers"! Those who are on the atheist-train or who deny Christ are really following doctrines of men,completely,yet that is what they say we do! In fact,their opinion is if it can't be proven,by men,it must not be real!

I like that my beliefs set me apart from the rest. I'd rather be mocked for His sake than be accepted by those who claim to know better!

Rejoice,Muckster! God said it would be like this!

posted on Nov, 24 2009 @ 09:27 AM
link   
I hate all religion. Honestly, I hate it all the same.

Moneywise its a sham. God always needs money!

Morally its wrong because it promotes war.

It attempts to hinder science.

Theres just no place for it, its a waste of time. Humans are still so unadvanced they are worship stone.

Do I hate christians? No. Do I hate christianity? Yes.

Do I hate victims? No. Do I hate slick used car salesmen? Yes.

posted on Nov, 24 2009 @ 09:31 AM
link   

Why do so many Atheists hate Christianity?!?!

Why does anyone- even some ex Christians? I can give you a good solid answer. The people. I am gonna do this in a simple, short form, or I'll be here all day typing, and people will be here reading.

Jesus says 'my people will be like me'. Christians- the massive majority- like to steal, kill, rape, lie, and generally act like they live on a pirate ship. How does this make Jesus look? Like a lying, stealing, killing SOB whom not one single person would have a shred of respect for, let alone love , praise or worship. Add in how prayer is supposed to help (and in most cases, it doesn't), and then the pithy, weak, thin reasons from the sheeple- plus a heaping helping of self righteous bible beating, and well, like they say on Mythbusters: "There's yer problem!". I said it an earlier thread- it's almost like God abuses a certain # of us... I wonder why, but theories have been forming.

You Christians want your faith to quit being used like a length of tp in a public bathroom? FIX IT. Get your bad fruit OUT of the churches. toss out the liars, the cheaters, the ones who own a large church, a fancy car, and the congregation looks like it hasn't had a decent meal since 1985. The money going to a church GOES TO THE LESS FORTUNATE- not the besuited SOB up front who's asking for donations to pay off his second car! If any of you yahoos actually read the bible- property, money, food, EVERYTHING except personal possessions ARE TO BE SHARED. Not- all of it goes to the guy up front and a few dribbles fall out to the poor, unwashed masses.

You should all be ashamed of yourselves, to be honest. I should be, too. I quit the whole conga line some time ago... I just couldn't handle how things were being done, seeing where the $$ went.... Seeing the looks of derision to 'certain' people.... I'll pick an easy thing Christians just like to bulldoze their way thru, because it's an easy way out. God says homosexuality is bad? Someone tell me how standing on a streetcorner with a sign saying 'God hates fags' is gonna help anyone. How about discussing the reasons why? Still accepting the people as your brothers and sisters, and let God do the work? (if he does any at all anymore) Being kind, gentle, forgiving, and patient?

Or is that just too much damn work.

[edit on 24-11-2009 by wylekat]

[edit on 24-11-2009 by wylekat]

posted on Nov, 24 2009 @ 09:32 AM
link   
reply to post by Muckster

You are taking individual story’s and quotes from the bible and using them as ammo for your argument.

Indeed, because the bibles are made up of individual stories and quotes.

The Bible is a message as a whole... not the individual story’s and quotes within. You have to view the book as a whole

Who told you this ? How did you come to this conclusion ?

Dude her is a message --

The red light means stop

The green light means go

What you're implying is that the prospective recipient of this message to receive it. He must read an entire libraries worth of information about photons of light, much of which has been shown to be incorrect in order to decipher the message Stop?Go.

HM

or you simply leave it wide open to abuse and misuse.

Using or abusing questionable information within books will depend entirely upon whether or not that information is held to be true.

You are also displaying a perverse modern day westernised attitude toward the word Virgin... A Virgin was merely an unmarried woman... not the perverse rapping of children you seem to be suggesting.

Dude rape is rape, forcing someone to have sex against their will is rape.

Are you trying to imply that the virgins (individuals that had not had sex) were compliant ?

As a rule most females (whatever age) that were no married were expected to be virgins. Remember jesusyahwehs penalty if they were not ?
That's right stone the slutty whores to death.

I like the way you say " A Virgin was merely ", well that makes everything alright then rape away she's merely an unmarried woman.

not the perverse rapping of children you seem to be suggesting.

Are you now trying to imply that rape is not perverse ? Perhaps it would be prudent to ask a few people that have been taken as "property" and raped.

You seem to be trying to wriggle out of any possibility that, when yahwehjesus instructed men to keep the enemies females (the ones that had not had sex) for themselves, he forgot to tell them only the female over 18 ?

By the same token, if you insist that when the bibles speak about virgins they mean women that were not married Almas ? then obviously this throws any immaculate conception out of the window to boot.

posted on Nov, 24 2009 @ 09:39 AM
link   
As a Native American I can say there has been a rather unpleasant culture clashs with my people and Christianity... a lot of water has flowed under that bridge and a lot of bad blood spilled on both sides of the fence...

While there is respect on our part, Christianity labels us heathens and unbelievers... No, apart from a few converts many of my people, self included, will never trust Christianity...

posted on Nov, 24 2009 @ 09:41 AM
link   
reply to post by On the Edge

The new "Hate-Crimes" that were enacted does criminalize the word of God in alot of ways.

Well considering this god of yours promoted killing people for being gay, or killing your wife 2B if you thought she wasn't a virgin. If your son misbehaves stone the little sod to death, kill anyone who works on Saturday (sunday) etc etc

Thank god for that !

posted on Nov, 24 2009 @ 09:56 AM
link   
reply to post by moocowman

hey there, how are you today?

a little thought experiment, communist china used atheism as an excuse to oppress the people of tibet through destruction of it's religiously based system of governance.

in reality, the atheism and the religious beliefs weren't the issue, the communists wanted something and found justification after the fact.

i agree, there is a disturbing and distasteful thread in the old testament. i believe that it is based more in tribal justification for behavior after the fact than it is in religious thought. jesus was against this behavior and condemned it publicly.

this is why it has as much to do with christianity as the oppression of tibet has to do with atheism.

posted on Nov, 24 2009 @ 09:58 AM
link   
I'm a christian, so I was brainwashed not to hate...later in life I found that people shouldn't hate...yet I have a strong dislike for the "Christian" religion.

I think it all needs to be thrown out, think and learn on your own, we can survive without myth.

posted on Nov, 24 2009 @ 10:15 AM
link   

I DON'T HATE CHRISTIANS, I HATE WHAT THEY DO

You hate what they do?

Which thing is it you hate the most?

We all know there are many charitable organizations run by Christians.

You really need to come to grips with your intolerance and hatred.

That hate is going to eat you alive.

posted on Nov, 24 2009 @ 10:21 AM
link   
reply to post by theuhstuf

I think it all needs to be thrown out, think and learn on your own, we can survive without myth.

That's funny, people have gotten by on the truth and wisdom of the Bible
for hundreds of years. Then you come along and think it should be thrown out. That's hilarious. The only myths that we have survived without is atheism and
evolution.

[edit on 24-11-2009 by randyvs]

posted on Nov, 24 2009 @ 10:26 AM
link   

(Have you ever read the New Testament?)

I for one never,EVER advocate killing anyone in the name of Religion. There are people out there giving Christians a bad name,and I wouldn't put it past some people who hate Christians to be the ones posing as such!
(If they are out holding those signs,as you say!)

I would be apt to carry a sign that says,"Repent,for the end is near",but I wouldn't think that is dangerous to anyone! As long as there is Free Speech,it shouldn't be a big deal! Most people would just laugh or shake their heads,and go on about their business! (Though I'm inclined to admit there are probably alot of people who would choose to throw something in my direction and call me names!)

I don't try to figure out why God does or allows the things He does. I see Him as a Father,and like when asking a father,"Why?",sometimes he just says,"Because I said so,that's why!"

I don't hate anyone for their beliefs. I don't hate you if you don't like Christians! This is whatI do hate,because it is what the Lord hates:

"There are six things the Lord hates,seven that are detestable to Him;haughty eyes,a lying tounge,hands that shed innocent blood,a heart that devises wicked schemes,feet that are quick to rush into evil,a false witness that pours out lies,and a man who stirs up dissension among brothers." Proverbs 6:16

"Very rarely will anyone die for a righteous man,though for a good man someone might dare to possibly die. But God demonstrated His love for us in this:While we were still sinners,Christ died for us."

Any questions?

posted on Nov, 24 2009 @ 10:26 AM
link   
Im at a disadvantage in one sense. I was never raised in a religious home,never went to church and never had a belief in a god,after life etc. Someone who has been raised as a christian and stopped believing in deities and the supernatural probably has more of an understanding. When people compare the belief of god/gods to that of fairies,pixies it's not elitist. It's the blunt and straight truth when you peel away all the cultural indoctrination that has happened over the centuries. Where somehow one unfounded belief is to be mocked and shunned while a religious one be held in high stature and faith in a god revered.

posted on Nov, 24 2009 @ 10:41 AM
link   
reply to post by pieman

hey there, how are you today?

Absolutely marvelous thanx and I hope everything is well with you.

a little thought experiment, communist china used atheism as an excuse to oppress the people of tibet through destruction of it's religiously based system of governance. in reality, the atheism and the religious beliefs weren't the issue, the communists wanted something and found justification after the fact.

Agreed to which I would add, that it would appear that the chirstian church did much the same and could do the same again in ripe circumstances), although I would also add (before you go off on one lol) that I dare say there were many that chose not to comply .

i agree, there is a disturbing and distasteful thread in the old testament. i believe that it is based more in tribal justification for behavior after the fact than it is in religious thought. jesus was against this behavior and condemned it publicly.

A very disturbing thread my friend and I do not argue that there are elements of the jesus story that appear to be questioning it.

this is why it has as much to do with christianity as the oppression of tibet has to do with atheism.

A lot comes down to power and authority and who's holding those keys.

So perhaps a good question is what would Moocowman if he had power and authority and how would it effect xtianity ?

What does being an atheist actually mean to me ?
Well nothing really, I don't think about it it has no meaning to me other than I don't believe what most muslims believe or Christians believe etc.

I cannot not believe what all of them believe, as they all appear to believe different things.but the source of the beliefs of almost all are the bibles and korans etc so, I can not believ them to my hearts content.

So, what if I had the power, the authority what would I do with it combined with my atheism how would I attack xtianity ?

Well there couldn't be much that I could do without compromising my own morals, however.

I would insist that books (all types) carry certificate not unlike a movie or game where it can be only read by persons of suitable age.

Yes I would insist that sections in literature that promote the killing of other people (and we both know what I'm talking about) of others be removed.

Also i would insist that religion of any type be not taught in publicly funded schools neither is time to set aside for the practicing of them. To be clear on this I have no objection to teacher or pupil spending their lunchtime praying to monkey man or re carpeting the gym to pray to allah what people do in their own time is up to them.

In relation to how people dress, well that's up to us all, we all have the right to wear what the hell we like as long as it does no harm to others or incites to do harm. Unless certain conditions would mean it impractical or unsafe to wear what the hell we like.

I think that's about all Pieman I'm sure you will now proceed to endeavor to take me apart lol

posted on Nov, 24 2009 @ 10:45 AM
link   

I would be apt to carry a sign that says,"Repent,for the end is near",but I wouldn't think that is dangerous to anyone!

Funny, here in Hermanus, South Africa there was a bunch of 'Christians standing on the main road into town holding signs that read - "REPENT! OR BURN IN HELL!" In blood red writing I might add.

It scared the living daylights out of me,they looked like a bunch of crazies in a riot. I do not want to be associated with instilling such fear into people.

posted on Nov, 24 2009 @ 10:50 AM
link   
I don't like some christians, but most are OK... and I don't like christianity as a whole. This is because:

- I am a woman and the bible relegates women to property of their husbands and that we are worth less. I have a problem with that.

- I am a mom and the bible speaks of dashing babies against the rocks and killing the first born. I have a problem with that and so should most people.

- I value intelligence and critical thinking. The bible has a problem with that, you know, with all that stuff about women not able to teach, and if they must, it whould only be women. That is not how knowledge should be shared.

- I don't think that I am dirty after childbirth or after a monthly cycle. The bibe does and I have a problem with that.

-my husband is of a different race and the bible is also pretty clear in its disdain for that as well.

So you see, I am justified in not embracing such a hateful doctrine, and I only posted a small sampling of the evil teachings. The only reason I think I have so many christian associates is because...gasp!.. they are not true christians. They don't follow that stuff! They don't kill kids for disobeying and they don't think that women have a less monetary value than men.

The other christians though..the ones who want to take rights away from others, closing their ears to science, and are not happy until everyone is believing the same theing they are while turning a blind eye to the corruption and violence perpetrated everyday in their religion. Just onceI want to see christans collectively rise up and clean the filth and vermin our of their churches with the same fervor they use to protest gay marriage or the removal of the ten commandments from public buildings.

By being a christian, you agree to not only follow the rules in the bible, but tht such rules are just and correct even if they marginalize another human being. I guess that is why most of my friends are silent hypocrites and not christians. I think I actually prefer it that way.

Also, books writte by atheists don't issue orders to kill those who don't follow their beliefs, so they really should not be put in the same category.

So again, it is not all christians. It is mainly christianity.

What is so bad about simply treating others how you want to be treated? what is wrong with living your life as you choose so long as you don't cause harm to another? Answer that and I think you will discover why so many people have a problem with this and several other religions.

posted on Nov, 24 2009 @ 10:50 AM
link   
reply to post by jinx880101

And aren't Christians there being murdered for their beliefs?

posted on Nov, 24 2009 @ 10:57 AM
link   
reply to post by IconoclasticTalamasca

- I am a woman and the bible relegates women to property of their husbands and that we are worth less. I have a problem with that.

- I am a mom and the bible speaks of dashing babies against the rocks and killing the first born. I have a problem with that and so should most people.

- I value intelligence and critical thinking. The bible has a problem with that, you know, with all that stuff about women not able to teach, and if they must, it whould only be women. That is not how knowledge should be shared.

- I don't think that I am dirty after childbirth or after a monthly cycle. The bibe does and I have a problem with that.

-my husband is of a different race and the bible is also pretty clear in its disdain for that as well.

This is exactly how I feel, and I don't think an all knowing and loving god would condone such beliefs.

My previous sig read- 'I don't know who or what God is, but I know what it isn't." & I still feel that way.

posted on Nov, 24 2009 @ 10:58 AM
link   

And aren't Christians there being murdered for their beliefs?

Not that I know of. Whatever gave you that idea, it's the first I've heard of it.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join