It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

The God Number

page: 1
0
<<   2  3 >>

log in

join
share:

posted on May, 21 2004 @ 12:56 AM
link   


Amateur researcher, gay leader says it provides mathematical, scientific proof that God exists


Anyone heard of this guy?




The debate about whether or not God exists, beyond your belief or faith, has an astounding new element. Don Sneed, a private Theological Researcher for the last 35 years, has announced the release and premiere of a new educational video entitled: "The God Number: Mathematical and Scientific Proof of the Existence of God."


I donno, this whole "god" thing still seems kinda fishy to me...

in.us.biz.yahoo.com...


www.dallasvoice.com...




posted on May, 21 2004 @ 02:16 AM
link   
Fishy, indeed!

There's nothing in the articles that points to a scientific rationale for God's existence, but there are two points I wanted to pull out.


Don Sneed, a private Theological Researcher for the last 35 years...

Is that a synonym for "unemployed"?



Sneed said he believes gays might be the closest humans to God that exist, because they are more likely to embody a balance of male and female energy.

Someone should post this as a thread-starter. If I know ATS like I think I know ATS, it'll have six pages of ranty posts before you can blink!

Seriously, though, this guy doesn't seem to be talking about a mathematical "proof" - he's talking about philosophy, not science. The video seems to be aimed at Christians who need extra ammunition when under attack by atheists and all those pesky scientists.



posted on May, 21 2004 @ 02:34 AM
link   
Well there is the golden ratio (which is known to exist) of around 1:1.1618 (I believe?) which quite a lot of things in nature obey.... Alot of our body proportions are in that measure as well.
Some people take this uniformity to be a sign of god...



posted on May, 21 2004 @ 02:43 AM
link   

Revelations 7 describes 144,000 Jews sealed all at the same ... to them were given seven
trumpets." Revelations 8:1 ... be allowd to preach and prophesize for 1,260 days


I've done a small numeric trick :

140000/1260 = 111.11111111111111111111111111111111...

GOD is one and infinite...

--------------------------------------------------------



posted on May, 21 2004 @ 02:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by Nans DESMICHELS

Revelations 7 describes 144,000 Jews sealed all at the same ... to them were given seven
trumpets." Revelations 8:1 ... be allowd to preach and prophesize for 1,260 days


I've done a small numeric trick :

140000/1260 = 111.11111111111111111111111111111111...

GOD is one and infinite...

--------------------------------------------------------


jhvh in hebrew gematria is 126, and by other reckoning 111. interesting. nice 'trick'!



posted on May, 21 2004 @ 02:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by Nans DESMICHELS
140000/1260 = 111.11111111111111111111111111111111...


Uh, yes, that's true. But 144,000 (the number is your original quote) divided by 1260 is 114.28571428571428571428571428571 - not quite so impressive!



posted on May, 21 2004 @ 03:46 PM
link   
Take any number and divide it by seven. unless the number is dividable with seven you will get a number, a comma and an eternally long repetitive sequence of six numbers over and over. Many fun things with numbers.



posted on May, 21 2004 @ 03:50 PM
link   


he's talking about philosophy, not science

I absolutly agree
. This idot has no proof of the existence of God (though i believe God does exist). He is talking about philosophy. And being gay is a sin so gays aren't the closest to God it says so in the Bible...



posted on May, 21 2004 @ 04:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by billybob
jhvh in hebrew gematria is 126, and by other reckoning 111.


With that transliteration of the tetragrammaton you actually get 36 in most European alfabets when you count only consonants: 7+6+17+6=36

With the vocals it becomes 48: 10+8+22+8=48



posted on May, 21 2004 @ 04:57 PM
link   


I absolutly agree. This idot has no proof of the existence of God (though i believe God does exist). He is talking about philosophy. And being gay is a sin so gays aren't the closest to God it says so in the Bible...


Gays are not close to God..............


Quite flawed, thats an incoherent opinion, which will and is being regarded as such. To say and postulate that homosexuals are no closer to God, is opinion, not Philosophy, science, nor theology.

Unless you can provide non-biblical proof to make me believe otherwise.

Deep

[Edited on 21-5-2004 by ZeroDeep]



posted on May, 22 2004 @ 03:11 AM
link   


Gays are not close to God..............



Did I not say that this would happen?

Someone should email Mr. Sneed and tell him about ATS - if ever there was a guy who could break all the records with a single thread, I suspect it might be him



posted on May, 22 2004 @ 03:19 AM
link   
I never meant to say that, due to their sexual preference Homosexuals are not love by God. I was simply condeming that sort of thinking.

Homosexuals can pay homage and gain entrance to heaven just like everyother hetrosexual on this planet.

Thats my opinion.

Deep



posted on May, 22 2004 @ 03:42 AM
link   
Well done, Deep - a mature and reasonable stance which should be much more prevelant than it is.



posted on May, 22 2004 @ 02:58 PM
link   
Has anyone been able to find out what "The God Number" actually is? I would be very interested in what this so-called proof is.



posted on May, 22 2004 @ 03:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by StrangeLands
Fishy, indeed!

There's nothing in the articles that points to a scientific rationale for God's existence, but there are two points I wanted to pull out.


Don Sneed, a private Theological Researcher for the last 35 years...

Is that a synonym for "unemployed"?



Sneed said he believes gays might be the closest humans to God that exist, because they are more likely to embody a balance of male and female energy.

Someone should post this as a thread-starter. If I know ATS like I think I know ATS, it'll have six pages of ranty posts before you can blink!

Seriously, though, this guy doesn't seem to be talking about a mathematical "proof" - he's talking about philosophy, not science. The video seems to be aimed at Christians who need extra ammunition when under attack by atheists and all those pesky scientists.


This is what I have always thought. One of the aims of spiritual evolution is to trancend gender/sex. I think homosexuals are the first step to this, and then even closer to god are hermaphrodites.



posted on May, 22 2004 @ 06:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Seth Bullock
Has anyone been able to find out what "The God Number" actually is? I would be very interested in what this so-called proof is.


Well, I have a feeling that this guy is like every other person out there who has some all important wisdom written down in yet another book for you to buy. Funny how all these people always have this info that will answer all your questions about life, solve all the mysteries of humanities place with God and so on, yet it always comes with a price on it. You'd think if they really cared so much for all humanity and the info they have would bring about Enlightenment for all and Peace on Earth, they'd give it away to everyone. Anyway, that being said, I'm going to guess that this guy's 'God Number' is somewhere around 19.95!!

As an alternative however, as someone else mentioned, you may want to check into some other numbers that some consider to be the signature of the Universal Creater and Giver of Life. It is known as PHI or "The Golden Ratio' (aka: Golden Rectangle, Golden Spiral, Golden Mean, Divine Proportion, Number of God, Number of Life, etc.) It is an 'Irrational Number' similar to Pi in that we cannot reach an end to it's decimals. It does have some of the most unique, beautiful and important aspects to it that we Literally couldn't live without. Here are some links for those interested in finding out more. Also here is a .gif I made with some quick examples of PHI.


goldennumber.net...

www.intent.com...




posted on May, 22 2004 @ 07:18 PM
link   
Heh. Nothing beats Pi.



posted on May, 22 2004 @ 10:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Leveller
Heh. Nothing beats Pi.


phi beats pi. pi is a closed system, phi open. just look. it's obvious.
i want phi pie. i bet it's infinitely delicious.



posted on May, 22 2004 @ 10:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nans DESMICHELS

Revelations 7 describes 144,000 Jews sealed all at the same ... to them were given seven
trumpets." Revelations 8:1 ... be allowd to preach and prophesize for 1,260 days


I've done a small numeric trick :

140000/1260 = 111.11111111111111111111111111111111...

GOD is one and infinite...

--------------------------------------------------------


Wow that was very kool Nas. I think human kind has a problem trying measue and label everything. Human will not be able to undetstand GOD truly. We can bearly understand ourselves.



posted on May, 22 2004 @ 10:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by AD5673



he's talking about philosophy, not science

I absolutly agree
. This idot has no proof of the existence of God (though i believe God does exist). He is talking about philosophy. And being gay is a sin so gays aren't the closest to God it says so in the Bible...



Judge not lest ye be judged. who are you to weigh one sin over another. Beside acording to christians were all forgiven right?




top topics



 
0
<<   2  3 >>

log in

join