It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Meteor Crashes somewhere in Johannesburg!

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 26 2009 @ 02:15 AM
link   
The problem with tracking a meteor is it first lights up about 50 miles up.
and quits glowing about 10 miles up if any pieces survive.

Then as gravity and air resistence start to slow it down i go into a ballistic path.

From 50 miles up it could land over 200+ miles away if its on a shallow path coming in.
If its on a steep path coming in its less likely to survive entry.

If some one with the knowledge to compute the ballistic path can get video from a number of fixed cameras like security cameras and chart the flight path while its glowing they have a chance of finding the impact area within a few miles.

Seldom does anyone at the impact area see the glowing entry except on the horizon.
And they can not get a good view as to where its going.

Think of it like the shuttle coming in the glowing part maybe over the west coast of the US,
But the shuttle lands in Florida.

You only know your close to where a meteor is impacting if you hear it.
then you are within 20 miles of impact.

posted on Dec, 12 2009 @ 05:35 PM
link   
I saw the meteor event with my own eyes.

I was standing outside with a friend of mine and the night turned to clear daylight with blue sky and all for about 3 to 4 seconds.

We were in the Midrand area and the meteor was to the North going from East to West, I would estimate, at a 30 degree angle and, from our perspective, appeared to be North of Pretoria.

After analysing the trajectory, albeit from memory, and doing some thumb suck calculations, based on experience I gained from working as an air traffic controller for 5 years previously, I would have to guesstimate that the meteor landed, if at all, in the far North of South Africa along the Botswana border or in Botswana itself.

Worst case it landed in Namibia or just off the West coast of Namibia or South Africa.

posted on Dec, 12 2009 @ 08:44 PM
link   
Well done to the OP for catching this one early
S+F

Just to let everyone know, I also posted a thread on the same subject here:
South Africa Nov. 21 - Another big fireball/meteor (w/video footage)

Artificium did you see this?

Must have been an amazing sight!

posted on Dec, 12 2009 @ 09:32 PM
link   
reply to post by jinx880101

I really feel sorry for you.

And this is why:

For a year now, I have been checking into conspiracies and hidden agendas. And from what I gather, there will be a growing number of stones falling from the sky that will pulverize the lower hemispheres.

They are building all the bunkers up north, for what? Why not build bunkers in the southern hemisphere?

They are, TPTB, are blocking a spot in the southern star map from Google Sky, why? What is coming from the south that needs to be hidden? Some call it Planet X, but the Horizon Project, a video you can find on youtube, which I will post, says it is the middle of the galaxy that the Myans have predicted for 2012.

Even the bible says great hail stones will fall that weigh a talent of silver, which could be from 80 to 100 pounds, or about 35 to 45 kg, which coming from space, whether it be frozen gas balls or frozen water or actual stones, could hit with the force of the kind of bombs they used in WW2.

My friend, this is not good news at all, If I had relatives down there, I would tell them to move.

Sorry to scare you, but I think you would want to know the truth, if it is true, as I believe it is.

Here is the youtube video about the rocks we are about to go through, though they don't talk about the rocks much, but they explain and show that they are there.

www.youtube.com...

top topics

<< 1   >>

join