It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Clubbers to have fingerprints scanned

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 25 2009 @ 01:09 AM
link   
reply to post by WishForWings

Your basing your reasoning on a fantasy world where the cops are good and criminals are bad. What you dont take into account in this little fantasy world is a bunch of corrupt lazy greedy F$#KS that could use your identity and your information against you.

Say for instance they want to implement something new. You happen to work in a field of expertise that could expose this new thing whatever it is for what it really is. Well a nice way to silence you is to discredit you. Now im not going to go into details god knows i dont want to give them anymore ideas, but suffice to say there are at least 3 ways they could use your mug shot and fingerprints to connect you to a certain place event or scenario.

Like i said fantasy Vs reality. im not in a position where i will ever be a worry to anybody in terms of exposing anything even remotely significant. BUT there might be someone out there who might be.

Sometimes i feel like the sheep walking back away from the butchers knife only to have my fellow brothers push me forward.

Im not arguing that we dont have a problem in clubs what im saying is this doesnt solve the problem it just identifies the culprit. Its a bit late to send someone to jail AFTER he has disfigured someone for life.

More security would be a much smarter way of prevention and they could also aprehend the culprit in case they dont get to him in time. We get to keep our privacy and feel safer. Whats wrong with that idea?

posted on Nov, 25 2009 @ 01:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by SphinxMontreal
This is obviously being done to monitor drinking habits and to creaate a database of everyone. These people don't give a damn about your safety - it's all about profiling and control.

You bet your ass its about control, they want to know everything. Where you go what you do who you see what you say.

You think people on ATS are paranoid? What kind of psychopath spends billions on surveillance to spy on its own people? thats right sound like paranoia much. NSA and FBI openly admit they do. What the hell are they so scared of? all this was pre 911 mind you. Before 911 the US Canada and australia had an agreement that each country would spy on the others domestic populace and swap info as it was against the law to spy on it own people.

Obviously post 911 and the bush administration changed all that. Now they spy on their own people openly.

posted on Nov, 25 2009 @ 03:04 AM
link   
reply to post by TiM3LoRd

I'm basing my reasoning on my experiences.

People use fake ID's to enter places (so if someone did do something, it was like they weren't even there), you can't fake fingerprints, well you probably can but it can't be too easy.

Besides wouldn't the fingerprints be property of the club, therefor the police would need a warrant to access these records?

And what benefit would it bring to the government?

If you've done nothing wrong then there is nothing to worry about.

posted on Nov, 25 2009 @ 03:27 AM
link   

Wrong by who's standards?? Yours mine the governments? Right and wrong are very subjective things. The nazis killed quite a few people under the guise of doing the RIGHT thing. So don't tell me just because someone has political power they always do what's right. My point is not everything they say there doing for your protection is for your protection.

If you can't figure out what someone can do with your fingerprints I suggest you think a bit harder.

posted on Nov, 25 2009 @ 03:37 AM
link   

Yeah I know what people could do with my fingerprints, but it's the Australian government we're talking about here, not really the top of the governments that have "conspiracies" list.

IMO I don't think it's such a big deal, some places already take a picture of your identification anyway, this seems just like it'd provide more evidence in court.

Plus it'd probably help keeping banned people out regardless of fake identification.

posted on Nov, 25 2009 @ 03:57 AM
link   

It does not take too much imagination to see where abuse may develop.

The fingerprint database used by law enforcement might get into this (local but expanding) network... and information such as last-known-address or social security numbers could be data-mined from one's fingerprint.
And all sorts of mischief can be had.

posted on Nov, 25 2009 @ 04:55 AM
link   

look it starts small and escalates. You think they would roll this out worldwide in the same week? come on you would scare the sheep. You gotta ease them into it, warm the water up little by little. I think your seriously missing the point here. I understand the POTENTIAL to convict criminals in court (this wont DETER the kind of morons that act up in clubs, mainly because they dont care about consequences so breaking the law is a non issue i have gone over this before)

Therefor the only thing this might help with is identification and thats if they get the right print what if there are multiple prints what if the guy grabs a bottle left there by another INNOCENT person. "Mr Johnson were you drinking a corona last night at club Wayne Kers?" "why yes officer i was there with my cool mates just out to have a jolly time." "Well im afraid the bottle you used was smashed over someones head last night and we have to take you in for questioning" " But i didnt do anything" "Sorry son we have your prints on the bottle in question" "But it wasnt me" ....And so Johnny Douchebag gets dragged in for questioning. worse case scenario he has to go to court because the guy with the cracked head is suing this poor shlub. best case scenario he wastes a day answering questions and having his day ruined.

And thats the fairy tale version, the one without crooked cops and deranged governments and all the rest of the conspiracy crap we have going on here.

The potential for someone to abuse this kind of information far supercedes ANY potential gains.

IT WONT STOP A BOTTLE FLYING AT YOUR HEAD CANT YOU GRASP THAT CONCEPT???

Only more security at clubs can do that or a personal body guard.

posted on Nov, 25 2009 @ 05:10 AM
link   
Yeah I can see what you mean.

More security though?

That means more chances of me being kicked out earlier.

Sorry that my reply wasn't exactly lengthy but I just wanted to let you know I understand what you mean.

posted on Nov, 25 2009 @ 06:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by WishForWings
What's the real problem with fingerprints?

I mean, if you do nothing wrong.. then you have nothing to worry about, right?

I have no criminal record, or am wanted for any offences etc.

But if push comes to shove, I like to keep my options open for the futute.

Would you steal food to feed your starving family if authorities said "you must do the right thing by us or let them starve"?

posted on Nov, 25 2009 @ 06:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by NuclearPaul

Originally posted by WishForWings
What's the real problem with fingerprints?

I mean, if you do nothing wrong.. then you have nothing to worry about, right?

I have no criminal record, or am wanted for any offences etc.

But if push comes to shove, I like to keep my options open for the futute.

Would you steal food to feed your starving family if authorities said "you must do the right thing by us or let them starve"?

Police aren't going to dust for prints in the meat aisle at your local supermarket because you stole some meat.

Honestly people, why are you so freaked out about your fingerprints? If you don't intend to steal a car or murder somebody then what are you worrying about?

posted on Nov, 25 2009 @ 06:27 AM
link   
Reply to post by Nventual

A potential issue could arise with education and employment. Currently employers will often check networking sites like Facebook and MySpace to get an idea of their prospective employee. Many have been denied employment due to party pics or comments that may be perceived as iresponsible or reckless.

At the very least this fingerprinting is just another record of bad behavior to be used by employers to not hire drunks who are going to be tired and sloppy at work.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Nov, 25 2009 @ 06:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by Nventual
Honestly people, why are you so freaked out about your fingerprints? If you don't intend to steal a car or murder somebody then what are you worrying about?

if the police don't have your finger-prints on file by the time you're 18, they're not likely to need them for any good reason. nobody expects the spanish inquisition.

posted on Nov, 25 2009 @ 08:07 AM
link   
I think the people are just a little too paranoid about all the NWO/ Big brother stuff recently, I'm sure the government has bigger fish to fry.

And even if you get pinned for something, they still need witnesses, maybe surveillance, motive.. all that fun stuff.

posted on Nov, 25 2009 @ 08:19 AM
link   

Fingerprint software is so cheap and easy to implement now that if I had a club, i would use the same system for regulars in order to cut costs on bouncers or queue's. And I wouldn't be a part of a NWO conspiracy. I'd be a forward thinking tech savvy business man..

posted on Nov, 25 2009 @ 09:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by pieman

if the police don't have your finger-prints on file by the time you're 18, they're not likely to need them for any good reason. nobody expects the spanish inquisition.

What do you mean? Are you implying that if you haven't committed (or been caught) of a crime by 18 you aren't going to once you're an adult?

My finger prints were taken by police when I was 16 for theft. I don't have a problem with it. I'm paranoid about many things in life but my fingerprints aren't one of them because I don't intend to do anything stupid again.

I agree with the person above me. If I owned a club I'd be setting up these print systems as well to ensure the safety of my employees as well as the club goers - not because I was in on a government conspiracy.

posted on Nov, 25 2009 @ 09:33 AM
link   

It isn't just clubs. I went to a major theme park in Orlando, Fl, USA back in May. As we went through the gate, we had to let them scan our driver's license and have them scan our fingerprints as well. I asked the gate gentleman what it was and he said that it was used in the event of a "terrorist attack" so they could know who and what were in the park. Not sure if he meant for a body count or to name a suspect. Either way, the whole thing was just odd.

posted on Nov, 25 2009 @ 09:38 AM
link   
It is hard to balance freedom and security without having too much of one and not enough of the other. I admit that perhaps scanning ID to enter a theme park is a bit 'dark', it certainly would do more good than bad.

posted on Nov, 25 2009 @ 11:02 AM
link   

What do you mean? Are you implying that if you haven't committed (or been caught) of a crime by 18 you aren't going to once you're an adult?

pretty much, if you haven't been arrested by the time you are 18 you're unlikely to commit a crime where fingerprints would be helpful to the police.

posted on Nov, 25 2009 @ 11:12 AM
link   
geeess if they ever tried to pull that # here, i would flip the hell out.

posted on Nov, 25 2009 @ 05:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by pieman

pretty much, if you haven't been arrested by the time you are 18 you're unlikely to commit a crime where fingerprints would be helpful to the police.

You're joking right? Do you have any links to studies done that suggest that?
You assume that because someone didn't feel the need to break the law while young, they won't be in a position to when they're older? Ridiculous.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join