It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Clubbers to have fingerprints scanned

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 24 2009 @ 04:22 AM
link   

Party-goers in Brisbane's Fortitude Valley will soon be forced to have their fingerprints scanned before entering some of the precinct's most popular nightclubs. Many Valley clubs already have an ID scanning system where patrons have their drivers licence or 18+ card scanned at the door. But over the next few months several clubs will upgrade their systems to include new fingerprint scanners. Cloudland, The Family, Press Club, Birdie Num Nums and the Empire will be the first to roll out the new scheme, which Valley Liquor Accord chairman Danny Blair says will provide safer entertainment venues for patrons. "What actually happens is, you come up to the counter, scan your ID and a camera will take an image," he said. "Next time you come in, instead of scanning your ID all the time, you just have to scan your fingerprint.

Link to article au.news.yahoo.com...

there is also a video from the local news

Well there you have it, I dont live in that state but it wont be long before they roll it out in my state. I knew there was a reason the media was hyping all the "trouble" at clubs.

Scare the clowns to have fingerprinting acceptable. with no guarantees about the security of the data collected. jesus they have a copy of your drivers license your picture and a scan on your thumb print. Talk about a candidate for identity theft. Obviously this is an attempt to get them young. All the kids going out now will have to do this in order to be accepted into the venue. This is BullSh!it of the highest order.

Slowly and insidiously is how they work. Soon it will be rfid chips to make sure people can be tracked "for our own safety" of course.

Ill be honest i was never a big believer that they would ever go this far but it sure as hell looks like it.

posted on Nov, 24 2009 @ 04:25 AM
link   
Wha, there is a club in Amsterdam where you can a VIP-chip inplanted in your arm. Dunno the name of that clup and i'll go look fore the source.

cheers,

posted on Nov, 24 2009 @ 04:26 AM
link   
aaah, well same thing is happening in my State, the Nanny State of Victoria. I have family down Geelong way & they are about to experience the same thing, no more just paying your money to get into a nightclub. Oh no, now we're gonna fingerprint you! Next they'll scan your eyeballs, & pop your DNA on file! Sounds scary, but it can't be too far off. And yes, our media hype this crap up, & next thing you know its law!

posted on Nov, 24 2009 @ 04:48 AM
link   
There's a few places in London that do this. Some of them you need a passport to get in to. I flat out refuse to go to anywhere that does this. It'll just ressurect the illegal rave scene back into its former glory. Screw the big clubs who are bending over backwards to fit this regime. They can't do it without punters.

posted on Nov, 24 2009 @ 04:55 AM
link   
reply to post by Acidtastic

Dam straight its time to go underground. Effing sob's cant even go out and have fun without the dam NWO breathing down your neck. Screw this time to go hang out in a third world country they might have corruption but at least its not as organized as these lunatics. WTF do they think fingerprinting is going to stop??? idiots.

Like some drunken idiot at a club cares he had been fingerprinted, the reason he fights and punches on is BECAUSE HE DOESNT CONSIDER CONSEQUENCES!!! JUST BECAUSE YOU SCAN HIS THUMB DOESNT MEAN HE ISNT GOING TO CAUSE TROUBLE.

posted on Nov, 24 2009 @ 05:37 AM
link   
I live in Brisbane and personally I can see why.

There's too many idiots and too much violence in the valley, I don't mind going there sometimes myself but I never feel entirely safe no matter where I go.

posted on Nov, 24 2009 @ 05:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by WishForWings
I never feel entirely safe no matter where I go.

why do you feel unsafe and would this really make you feel safer?

vague, unsubstantiated fear is the root of all evil.

posted on Nov, 24 2009 @ 05:48 AM
link   
reply to post by WishForWings

How the hell is fingerprinting going to make your safe?

its stupid, the only thing this does is give the government and any other dodgy bastards access to our biometric data. whats next DNA swab testing? come on man wake up.

posted on Nov, 24 2009 @ 07:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by pieman

Originally posted by WishForWings
I never feel entirely safe no matter where I go.

why do you feel unsafe and would this really make you feel safer?

vague, unsubstantiated fear is the root of all evil.
Often I don't "feel safe" when walking about umungst drunken people at the end of the night. But no ammount of fingerprinting, or data collection is going to stop that. It's more of a "drunk people can be muppets" thing.I feel safer at illegal raves, where people look out of eachother (or they used to, until ketamine and crack ruined the party scene, all the good people went home)

posted on Nov, 24 2009 @ 07:51 AM
link   
They did something similar to thai in the U S on a trial basis, an experiment if you will.
Except here they used debit cards, and was trying to limit an individuals drinks per hour, something like 3 drinks per hour.
The info. never left the pub, unless an accident involving cars and/or a violent act was directly related, it was to protect the pub owner/worker, for the sake of not over serving or giving someone alcohol poisening.

It also had a little to do with GHB date rape drug...I think thats the abreviation?
They found it was a good detourant for anyone with that in mind.

But to be honest I do not agree or like the idea, so my answer to this is, buy your beer/alcohol and go to the creek or out into the woods.
Its cheeper, more fun, and less likely to be monitered.

Kinda sucks for the pub owner....man this is just wrong.!

[edit on 24-11-2009 by Doc Holiday]

posted on Nov, 24 2009 @ 08:26 AM
link   
I remember a simular scheme in one of my locals last christmas. They were crakcing down on drug use in pubs. A thumb scan, which took sweat samples, which would then say if you were on drugs, or had been in contact with drugs in the last 6 hours (I think it was) Turned out, that the people who implimented the scheme, scrapped it, because of politicians who used it (to show us that it was evil wichcraftery) Had positive tests, as they'd been in contact with money/door handles ect, and had trace ammounts of drugs on them

posted on Nov, 24 2009 @ 08:29 AM
link   
well put it this way if people cannot handle their drink and become violent why shouldnt they be banned from nightclubs? Fingerprinting is a sure way of weeding out undesirables so people can enjoy the nightclub scene without fear of some lunactic going at you with a bottle coz you pulled the bird he fancied......

posted on Nov, 24 2009 @ 09:14 AM
link   
Mind you though we've already been tracked without these Fingerprinting techniques. Go into any Pub in the UK and see how many camera's inside and out they have keeping watch on you, then how many "Drug-Busts" the police have randomly every month in every area.
At 1 pub in my village alone theres 3 camera's around the Pub alone, with a "community CCTV" camera already outside keeping watch on the Door and main road. Talk about over the top security measures for a Pub that has very little to no trouble at all.

I'd rather take my custom elsewhere as mentioned here and buy cheaper Beer from the shops, less chance of being tracked when im at home or outside listening to music (and its much cheaper too.)

posted on Nov, 24 2009 @ 09:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by loner007
well put it this way if people cannot handle their drink and become violent why shouldnt they be banned from nightclubs? Fingerprinting is a sure way of weeding out undesirables so people can enjoy the nightclub scene without fear of some lunactic going at you with a bottle coz you pulled the bird he fancied......
So it's ok to treat everyone as a suspect, on the actions of a moronic few?

This is the exact path we CAN'T go down. It turns everyone into a potential criminal, and leaves everyone open to investigation for no good reason. This is a massive invasion of privacy and trust.

posted on Nov, 24 2009 @ 09:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by AcidtasticSo it's ok to treat everyone as a suspect, on the actions of a moronic few?

Apparently it is. At least this is the basis for absurd firearm and knife laws in that country. So why not for binge drinking youths?

After all it's for the safety of the greater public, isnt it? Never mind the fact that criminals dont concern themselves with legality or proper procedure. We're all supposed to disregard that if we are to accept the logic of such public safety policies and laws as presented.

All hail public safety.

posted on Nov, 24 2009 @ 10:57 PM
link   
reply to post by thisguyrighthere

Exactly my point. making laws for the criminals is redundant because the idiots that do these things dont care about the law. What you think people kill people and then say "what do you mean its against the law to kill some one?... since when? really? i didnt know. ok my bad."

Treating every patron like a potential criminal is in no way keeping my head safe from some retard. How about they recruit more security at all points of the venue. THAT would make me feel more safe. Knowing that a private firm has my fingerprint data a high quality scan on my drivers license and a mug shot of me doesnt do much in reassuring me.

Again this is just LAZY policy making by the people being paid to do a job. Some moron in charge obviously came into work with a hangover (too much coke and hookers im guessing) and decided he didnt want to think about an actual solution so lets just bag and tag the whole effing bunch and we can sort it out later. I know what ill be doing.. a bit of superglue on the thumb and they can kiss my a$$. I'll be like "Sorry pal, work related accident"

still working on the license and the mug shot but ill think of something.

posted on Nov, 24 2009 @ 11:30 PM
link   
This is very justified in my opinion.
Most clubs here in my city require you to scan your drivers license, which is no different than scanning your fingerprint except less accurate. Bad things happen at these places and people run and don't get caught. If the night club has an accurate record of every person that entered and the time that they entered then not only does it help their insurance companies and the police but it makes it safer for the public.

posted on Nov, 25 2009 @ 12:05 AM
link   
What's the real problem with fingerprints?

I mean, if you do nothing wrong.. then you have nothing to worry about, right?

I feel safer because people KNOW their fingerprints have been taken, they know that the police can put them in the area if a crime is committed.

Also, fingerprints will also help catch some of the bad eggs.. Which in turn makes it a little safer.

posted on Nov, 25 2009 @ 12:53 AM
link   
Well, it's a private club, they can ask for a rectal scan if they want to, you don't have to give them your business if you don't want to. Some people obviously appreciate the extra security or the owners wouldn't have implemented it.

I wouldn't go to that club, but I can see why some people might.

posted on Nov, 25 2009 @ 01:03 AM
link   
This is obviously being done to monitor drinking habits and to creaate a database of everyone. These people don't give a damn about your safety - it's all about profiling and control.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join