It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Nasa Alien Encounter Confirmed

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 24 2009 @ 08:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by Now_Then
Hang on - the woman's voice say's 'Houston this is Discovery '
- hang on I'm gonna listen again Yepers

Well they got that the wrong way round didn't they
Unless Houston was getting buzzed....

FAKE ALL THE WAY
A bad one too.

Ok i was wrong i listened to it again,
The womans voice is just narrating what is being said by the crew, it then repeats the original recording a few times.

posted on Nov, 24 2009 @ 09:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by JohnPhoenix
The Apollo transcripts does have John Glen reporting a UFO.

What's the link, please?

posted on Nov, 24 2009 @ 09:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by JohnPhoenix
...The Apollo transcripts does have John Glen reporting a UFO.

John Glenn reported seeing small objects outside his capsule moving at various speeds -- sometimes overtaking him and sometimes lagging behind. Human spaceflight was new, so there were many new things that humans never saw before, and thus yet had no explanations. It was a mystery at that time.

Later, other astronauts on subsequent missions duplicated what John Glenn saw by banging on the side of the capsule. Therefore, the explanation for what John Glenn saw was probably simply debris coming off of the spacecraft moving along with him, but perhaps being jostled forward and back by the reaction-control thrusters on the capsule.

Remember, before these early spaceflights humans never saw how debris reacted in a zero-g free-fall in the presence of control thrusters.

This is the "John Glenn UFO case" that I know about...perhaps there is another?

[edit on 11/24/2009 by Soylent Green Is People]

posted on Nov, 24 2009 @ 12:49 PM
link   
NASA has had numerous encounters with extraterrestrials over the years..
This is old news and I think its time to face the facts right about NOW!
We really dont need these little threads anymore...
We have astronauts, military officials, scientists, astronomers, civilians and many more who has made this picture pretty clear...
But yeah, I agree! I cant belive this came trough

S+F

posted on Nov, 24 2009 @ 12:53 PM
link   
This thread should be changed to:

"People are morons and even when given something as simple as a proper dictation before the distorted one they claim fake."

posted on Nov, 24 2009 @ 12:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Agree2Disagree

this audio clip has been out for years man..
it's used in most ufo documentaries.... atleast the documentaries that doesnt air on TV... wonder why...

[edit on 24-11-2009 by skekke]

posted on Nov, 24 2009 @ 12:58 PM
link   
It was/is not faked.

The incident, and recording, was declared genuine by NASA - but no other comment was given on the matter. It was aired on a British documentary, who asked NASA to give clarification.

A response just noted the tape was official.

posted on Nov, 24 2009 @ 01:23 PM
link   
reply to post by infinite

Do you have a source for that?

This doesn't sound very legit to me, I'm willing to keep my mind open in most situations. But this doesn't feel real.

posted on Nov, 24 2009 @ 01:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by infinite
It was/is not faked.

The incident, and recording, was declared genuine by NASA - but no other comment was given on the matter. It was aired on a British documentary, who asked NASA to give clarification.

I saw a documentary where this was featured. The audio was very clear and it sounded genuine. However a cursory search on the item later quickly proved it to be a hoax.

posted on Nov, 24 2009 @ 01:31 PM
link   
Yeah this has been around for a while, not much you can do to debunk it if NASA confirmed it as real (we should try to verify this) other than debate ways of interpreting it.

And to the people who said "there's was no female crew... hoax!", wow. It stuns me that anyone wouldn't immediately understand that the perfectly clear voice in the beginning is simply narrating what is said in the real recording to follow.

posted on Nov, 24 2009 @ 01:41 PM
link   
I would really love to see certified proof that NASA verified this as a legit recording.

Besides a 2nd hand confirmation from some grainy youtube video

posted on Nov, 24 2009 @ 02:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bunker or Bust
Well I calling hoax on this one, the mission for that day was STS-29, in the recording it is a woman on Discovery with an English accent speaking to Houston making the claim.

There was no woman on the flight...

Wow Bunker or Bust.....common sense is not a common occurrence on this site. It's obvious that the first voice on the tape is there just to state in clear english what the recording will subsequently state in garbled English?

OBVIOUSLY, the woman is not an astronaut! It is the voice of the person who posted the clip. Haven't you in your entire life ever seen subtitles at the bottom of video of a person speaking English but not very clearly? Haven't you, in your entire life, heard a recorded 911 call put on the local news with subtitles at the bottom because it's difficult to understand the person's voice from the recording?

Please explain to me how you have the energy to research the flight crew of a particular shuttle mission from a decade ago, but you lack the common sense that should say,"The clear voice at the beginning of the recording is saying the exact same thing as the later garbled voice. My experience in the world as an adult human has taught me that hard-to-understand audio clips are often accompanied by subtitles or a clear announcer to indicate the content of speech. If you have no idea what I'm talking about, you should consider exposing yourself to the real world once and while.

[edit on 24-11-2009 by andrewh7]

posted on Nov, 24 2009 @ 03:04 PM
link   
I was impressed that one ATS member ordered copies of the recordings directly from NASA:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Originally posted by ratcals
I have obtained a copy of the original recordings for mission STS-29 directly from NASA. I brought it up on another thread discussing this but nobody seemed interested. Probably because I didn't usa any ATS buzzwords like freemasonry, indigo, 9/11, swine flu, alien, illimunati, or chupacabra.

Currently I am listening to them to see if I can find the conversation and discern what was said.

If you read the rest of that thread he never reported hearing the words that Ratsch, who made the recording, said were hoaxed.

The reason I was surprised he ordered them, is that most people who think Rastch is telling the truth that it's hoaxed, aren't going to bother because they think it's not going to be there, and the people that don't trust NASA won't bother because they'll figure if it was there, NASA would remove it before sending out the recording.

And my theory about nobody else ordering the original recording could be right because of what NASA told him they had to go through to fulfill his FOIA request:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Originally posted by ratcals
My original request was sometime back in May and I only received them about 2-3 weeks ago. The long delay was explained like this:

"Just as a point of interest... this audio is coming off the original reel-to-reel tapes. These tapes are in extremely poor condition, due mostly to their formulation (not so much age-related). I am having to bake them in a low-temp oven just to get them to play back... so the process is a little more interesting than usual!"

I know some of you will immediately want to view that as some type of sinister attempt to hide something, but the guy I corresponded with seemed genuine.

It sure sounds like the recordings weren't readily available and they went through a lot of trouble to make them available, so now you can order them too, but if my theory is right, you won't. But I'm impressed that one person did.

[edit on 24-11-2009 by Arbitrageur]

posted on Nov, 24 2009 @ 03:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by infinite
It was/is not faked.

Can I go somewhere on line and verify this? Please don't feel insulted, I'm just cautious about how people remember stuff that they enjoy impressing their friends with. It's tricky.

So -- is there a verifiable second source aside from your memory?

posted on Nov, 24 2009 @ 03:28 PM
link   
its interesting thats for sure. half of you say its real and half of you say its fake. evidence is presented and almost instantly labelled a hoax. so much for finding the truth.

posted on Nov, 24 2009 @ 03:40 PM
link   
Parts of the conversation is interpretive, they are the words "Alien" and "Observance" the rest is clear enough. If you can extrapolate the word "Alien" from the conversation, and if NASA has confirmed the transmission, then the OP's thread title is accurate. If you don't hear the word "Alien" then it is inaccurate. Just to add, to me it sounds like the word is "Satellite" rather than "Alien"... NASA could have have enlightened us there.

[edit on 24-11-2009 by smurfy]

posted on Nov, 24 2009 @ 03:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by RoyalCanadian
reply to post by Agree2Disagree

just because you cant find it anywhere else doesnt mean it never happened.

In the realm of science, experiments must be duplicable.

posted on Nov, 24 2009 @ 03:59 PM
link   

its interesting thats for sure. half of you say its real and half of you say its fake. evidence is presented and almost instantly labelled a hoax. so much for finding the truth.

Don't feel so helpless. Follow up on the flow to locate verifiable evidence that NASA 'endorsed' it, or not -- and that the transmission was NOT a direct space link but a rebroadcast in an amateur radio band, and that the man who first recorded it later reported hearing the same voice making similar comments on later missions and concluded it was a prank by another local ham.

That's not hard. What is hard is realizing how so many of the sincere claims posted here are non-facts innocently imagined by sincere (and honest) people who WANT them to be true, so they just 'improved' the original rumors one step at a time.

And when you realize this is a consistent pattern in this field of inquiry, your own efforts to understand it will be immeasurably strengthened.

Try it!

posted on Nov, 24 2009 @ 04:45 PM
link   

Like many "omg see this" items on the UFO boards the item in question has been debunked and often many times before. To me this is bad research and posting habits on the part of anyone posting these because a simple google search will find everything you need to know. I appreciate the desire to post something exciting but some investigative work should be in order as well before posting.

posted on Nov, 24 2009 @ 04:52 PM
link   
I haven't heard it but if it's a hoax, it has alot of evidence saying it is. But there has been some strange things during other and including this shuttle mission while in orbit. I remember one that was 10 years ago where the astronauts where video taped looking at an object outside the shuttle and one of the male astronauts made a comment I can't believe what I saw and from then on NASA stopped having media tap into the feed on that certain channel but let them on another that was delayed.

This may or may not be a hoax, heck even mine may or may not been a UFO but just the guy feeling in awe of being in space. But what everybody should consider is that these individuals aren't gods or supermen, they can't control everything and pieces of data and info do come out inadvertantly. As which pictures and individuals saying why would NASA or the govt. let a picture out that is a UFO that isn't plausable. It is if they and there cohorts didn't see all of the thousands of hours of tape and/or pictures that where of the moon or was lazy about doing their duty (which happens alot in govt., I know I used to be in the military). And when information comes out and they see that something slipped by their censors, they deny it and make any preceeding video or picture or audio edited out or missing. You see when you hear something like in thos OP audio of a garbled transmission saying that they have the Alien Craft in sight, is one thing. But to go to a Nasa site and download audio of that mission and then find the same garbled message is another. Because that shows it wasn't faked and their is something there. So they get rid of the original or edit it out if possible and then you have nothing to compare it with.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join