It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Support for Health Care Plan Falls to New Low

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 23 2009 @ 11:27 PM
link   
Most people simply believe the current plan will cost too much, hurt the quality of care and is unaffordable!

"Only 16% now believe passage of the plan will lead to lower health care costs. Nearly four times as many (60%) believe the plan will increase health care costs. Most (54%) also believe passage of the plan will hurt the quality of care."

If the Democrats had concentrated on actual problems in the health care system like limiting medical liability, elimination frivalous law suits, allow cross state insurance competition, allow people to take their coverage wherever they go (portability) and then work on previous condition coverage. That would be real solid meaningful progress to reduce medical costs and improve care! But that would not be what Obama, Pelosi (and their lawyer buddies) want!

[url=http://www.rasmussenreports.com/public_content/politics/current_events/healthcare/september_2009/health_care_reform]www.rasmussenreports.com[/url ]
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Nov, 24 2009 @ 01:08 AM
link   
What are the main reasons against health-care reform, in the opinion of people on here?

Are you frightened of government control? Or is it more that it will 'cost too much'?

Yours truly,

a confused Brit currently in the states XD

posted on Nov, 24 2009 @ 08:20 AM
link   
reply to post by WetEugene

My biggest issue is the mandate and I think its probably unconstitutional to force anyone to buy anything as a condition of full citizenship, which is basically what this does. That alone is too much control over private citizens, but the fact that its 2,000 pages in length should tell you how much more garbage they have in store for us. Otherwise, I think it'll probably cost twice their estimates in the short term, more in the long term, and that the entire thing is basically a handout to the insurance industry, anyway. Of course, that pretty much follows the usual pattern of the government screwing the taxpayers in favor of bailing out big business.

posted on Nov, 24 2009 @ 11:42 AM
link   
Here is the Bill H.R. 3962. Its freaking long.

Here is a basic Summary of the part of the bill that relates to the "acceptable health insurance" mandate.

On page 8 pf the summary it reads as follows....

H.R. 3962 includes a mandate for most individuals to have health insurance, with penalties for noncompliance. Individuals would be required to maintain acceptable coverage....... Individuals who did not maintain acceptable health insurance coverage for themselves and their children could be required to pay an additional tax, prorated for the time the individual (or family) does not have coverage, equal to the lesser of (1) 2.5% of the taxpayer’s modified adjusted gross income24 (MAGI) over the amount of income required to file a tax return, or (2) the national average premium for applicable single or family coverage.."

For those interested in an alternative healthcare reform bill, check out the Healthy Americans Act.

posted on Nov, 24 2009 @ 12:11 PM
link   

What are the main reasons against health-care reform, in the opinion of people on here?

This bill is another attempt by the Democrats to socialize, to put more people under government control and dependency. People see it as far to costly with few benefits.

This bill does not address most of the problems of health care such as the 4 areas that I mentioned in my OP nor does it address the increasing dependency of people on health care. It does nothing to encourage people to be more responsible and take better care of their health! In fact, this bill encourages just the opposite!

A few years ago the country was looking at medical savings accounts that people would use to pay for their own health care costs. What a great idea? People in charge of their own health!

posted on Nov, 24 2009 @ 12:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by WetEugene

Are you frightened of government control? Or is it more that it will 'cost too much'?

Yours truly,

a confused Brit currently in the states XD

There is not just one reason for why this health plan is disliked; there are many reasons. For instance the bill stipulates that all pregnant women will be screened for mental illness. This is both big pharms forcing people to use their drugs and CPS looking for ever more creative ways to steal children. In addition most of the psych drugs will probably give unborn babies brain dammage.

posted on Nov, 24 2009 @ 01:10 PM
link   
an citizen individual.. so waht about illegal immigrants? whos gunna penelaize or enforce health care on them? thier here not paying taxes, taking our jobs, and get away scott free from healthcare too??? isnt fair to US citizens....boo @ the democrats

posted on Nov, 24 2009 @ 01:41 PM
link   

My biggest problem would be, once again, the government is trying to make a choice for me. Last time I checked, certain freedoms were afforded to every citizen of our nation and I consider the government forcing me to purchase a consumer product an infringement on my freedom to pursue life as I see fit.

top topics

join