It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Water possible cure for asthma and other diseases...

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 23 2009 @ 09:30 PM
link   
Not sure if this info has been posted

Here's some interesting information for those of us who suffer asthma, allergies, and varied degenerative illnesses....

Let me give you the single most effective prescription for well-being, improved health, disease prevention, potentially reversible stages of degenerative diseases—and finally the best pain medicine in the world. It needs no doctor’s prescription. It is freely available. It costs nothing. It has no dangerous side effects. It is the medication your body cries for when it is stressed. It is good old plain, natural water—ready cash for the industrial systems of the body.

Every twenty-four hours the body recycles the equivalent of forty thousand glasses of water to maintain its normal physiological functions. It does this every day of its life. Within this pattern of water metabolism and its recycling process, and depending on environmental conditions, the body becomes short of about six to ten glasses of water each day. This deficit has to be supplied to the body every day.
www.grandtimes.com...

Another article....

Salt is the other half of the hydration equation. You can short-circuit an asthma attack by drinking two 8-ounce glasses of water and placing a pinch of salt on the tongue. Salt is vital for the generation of hydroelectric energy and transmission of nerve impulses in all the cells. Salt acts as a natural antihistamine through salt-sensing nerves on the tongue. Histamine is the body’s water-regulating hormone. It is a neurotransmitter that manages water distribution and rations water during drought management, which is why it is involved in shutting down the bronchioles in asthma. Dr. B says that people with asthma need to drink no less than 10 eight-ounce glasses of water every day of their lives along with about a half teaspoon of salt (see below). They should also add salt to their food. In his opinion, a low-salt diet is a major contributing factor to the onset of asthma. The other major culprit is caffeine, because of its strong dehydrating effect. Dr. B blames a good part of the increase in childhood asthma on addiction to caffeinated soft drinks.
www.communityconnexion.com...

The pharmaceutical companies have been raking in billions, masking ours and our loved ones' suffering intentionally to secure profit. It's pretty clear that they would have little interest in spreading this information, and for those of us who suffer asthma, allergies, etc. who would love to find something completely natural to free us from the pharmaceutical chains, this info is worth reading.

posted on Nov, 23 2009 @ 09:51 PM
link   
hmmm, thanx for the info on this. Not sure I'm ready to give up my asthma medication based on the drinking of water, & adding a touch of salt, but I'm open to suggestions!!

Actually, I already drink almost 4 litres of water a day, & have to say that whether or not I drink water has nothing to do with whether I suffer an asthma attack or not. Its more likely to be when the pollen levels are up, or if I am exercising.

But thanx for this, I'll be watching for what others think about this scenario.

posted on Nov, 23 2009 @ 09:53 PM
link   
It seems so hilariously absurd, way too easy, just a myth...yet it's true! Water is a natural anti-histamine. The most abundant macro nutrient within our body is water! I am amazed at the number of people who don't drink pure water at all! Even more bizarre is that some people think that too much water causes kidney problems. It's the other way around!

I made a point after finding my friend didn't drink water to ask random people for the next couple of weeks. Nearly half said they rarely drank plain water! I make sure to drink at least 3 liters of twice charcoal-filtered water daily.

[edit on 23-11-2009 by unityemissions]

posted on Nov, 23 2009 @ 10:00 PM
link   
reply to post by unityemissions

yes, well you see that's the problem, isn't it. PURIFIED water versus bottled & tap water. Not as easily obtained for some, & I still think my asthma preventer / reliever is a better option for those closing bronchial tubes which don't allow me to breathe or get oxygen in.

posted on Nov, 23 2009 @ 10:05 PM
link   
reply to post by SpinifexPrincess

I'm not sure what you mean, sorry. The article doesn't mention purified water. A charcoal filter can be had for $9 that will last at least a month. I guess this is still too much for some, but it probably is still just a matter of priorities & preferences.

posted on Nov, 23 2009 @ 10:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by SpinifexPrincess
yes, well you see that's the problem, isn't it. PURIFIED water versus bottled & tap water. Not as easily obtained for some, & I still think my asthma preventer / reliever is a better option for those closing bronchial tubes which don't allow me to breathe or get oxygen in.

I'm certainly not advocating throwing your rescue inhaler away. The doctor who is spreading this info doesn't either, to my knowledge. The goal is to not need it anymore.
Don't forget that measuring the sea salt is part of the plan, and compensate heavily with more water if you drink caffeine or alcohol. It doesn't specify that bottled water is a necessity, just water and salt.

posted on Nov, 23 2009 @ 10:13 PM
link   

Well the water that comes from my tap here in Australia has been heavily tainted for years with chlorine, allegedly to "clean & purify" the water to make it suitable for drinking! What a laugh! But the "powers that be" around here have decided to stop poisoning us with 300 ppm of chlorine in our water, because fluoride is a much better option--it will save teeth all over the shire!! * insert sarcasm here*

I refuse to drink either options, but am in stead subject to the quality control of bottled water, which at least tastes pure ( althou some brands are actually saltier than others ).

A charcoal filter shouldn't be needed, the water should be pure, but isn't. So therefore I'm not prepared to rely on a drink of water to cure an asthma attack, I'll rely on my medication. But I guess that's the whole point, isn't it?!! I'll keep the drug company & bottled water company in business as long as our drinking water is crap................................me & everyone else.

posted on Nov, 23 2009 @ 10:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by SpinifexPrincess
So therefore I'm not prepared to rely on a drink of water to cure an asthma attack, I'll rely on my medication.

Again, keep your rescue inhaler. But next time you're having mild symptoms, try two 8 oz glasses of water and a pinch of sea salt on your tongue, and wait a few minutes, maybe you'll be surprised.

Read what the doctor states about the body's way of dealing with dehydration, it shuts down the organs that expel water, and breathing expels alot of water, that's why you fog up glass or mirrors when you breath on them.

But I guess that's the whole point, isn't it?!! I'll keep the drug company & bottled water company in business as long as our drinking water is crap................................me & everyone else.

Again, it's not pushing bottled water at all.

[edit on 23-11-2009 by 27jd]

posted on Nov, 23 2009 @ 10:21 PM
link   
yes I will & yes I know!

posted on Nov, 23 2009 @ 10:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by unityemissions
I am amazed at the number of people who don't drink pure water at all!

I honestly didn't drink very much water, i always thought that drinking milk, juice, etc. counted as water intake. Now i know that's wrong plan on changing my habits.

posted on Nov, 23 2009 @ 10:34 PM
link   

The problem with bottled water is the plastic which may leech into the water! This happens when the supplier vehicles get too warm. It contains endocrine disruptors and xenoestrogens. It may feminize you and shrink your junk! If the water tastes plasticky, dump it. I bought my first bottled water in a long time a few days ago, and it tasted very plasticky.

edit to add: Jesus I'm an idiot. You're a female! It should have been obvious, had I read your handle. Still it can mess with female hormonal balance as well.

Oh also, have you ever tried charcoal filtered water? It does get the vast majority of chlorine, fluoride, and metals out. I am disgusted by tap water. Can smell and taste it easily. Not so when it's filtered. At least for the first 45 days. As soon as I smell or taste it, I buy another filter. Just a thought..

posted on Nov, 23 2009 @ 10:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by unityemissions

The problem with bottled water is the plastic which may leech into the water! This happens when the supplier vehicles get to warm. It contains endocrine disruptors and xenoestrogens. It may feminize you and shrink your junk! If the water tastes plasticky, dump it. I bought my first bottled water in a long time a few days ago, and it tasted very plasticky.

OMG!! Not feminise me?!! Oh wait, I'm already female!

In all seriousness, I do understand what you're saying, I just prefer the taste of bottled water than the taste of dirt & chlorine mixed together. Even fluoridated water has a "taste".

posted on Nov, 24 2009 @ 12:18 AM
link   
just another crap suggestion study

one study says too much water is bad

one says too little is bad

one says a low salt diet is good

the next says it cures asthma and is great for the body

can anything in our society take a stance and stick with it

everyday the story changes

until people are sure

why dont these scientists keep their mouths shut

posted on Nov, 24 2009 @ 12:59 AM
link   
reply to post by Dramey

The problem isn't the studies. It's how you're interpreting them. Good and bad? Not a wise choice, IMO. Everyone is biochemically independent. What works best for someone may not be so for the next. I seriously doubt a study said too much water is bad. It probably said something along the lines of, if you intake a high amount of low tds water within a short period of time, it may adversely lower electrolytes. Too much of anything is unhealthy! As with everything, balance is key.

[edit on 24-11-2009 by unityemissions]

posted on Nov, 24 2009 @ 08:45 AM
link   
reply to post by Dramey

Maybe read the articles a bit more. I think you're confusing drinking obscene amounts of water all at once as a stunt, and overloading your kidneys, with proper hydration. That can be deadly, but drinking half your body weight in ounces is nowhere near enough to be harmful. As for the sea salt, it helps your body retain the water long enough to use it. Our bodies are largely made up of salt water, so i would be much more skeptical of studies that say water and salt are bad for the body.

posted on Nov, 25 2009 @ 12:06 AM
link   
I have terrible sinus allergies. Had them all my life. My nose is always plugged up and swollen inside. Breathing is pretty much not happening. I had the sinus surgery once where they go in with the weedwacker and cut everything out. It was awesome. I could breath perfect. But it only lasted 6 months. Now I’m back to being plugged up.

Back on point. I drink a couple quarts of water every day. Not the crap out of the sink that’s toxic. I have a 2 quart bottle and it gets filled every day and goes everywhere i do. By the end of the day its empty.
And i can honestly say it does nothing to help my allergies.

For a year and a half i did the allergy shots and it also did nothing. I think im paying for something in a past life.

posted on Nov, 25 2009 @ 12:35 AM
link   
Funny,. my doctor told me caffine will help stop an attack.

I do not drink caffine. I only drink water and power aid. Now my humidifier will help an attack sometimes.

My asthma always acts up during monsoon when we get all that dust. You can smell the dust in the house during a monsoon storm.

Water never did me any good, but... if you get a kidney infection, and drink sea salt and water it helps it to go away.

posted on Nov, 25 2009 @ 01:35 AM
link   

By pure water, you mean that irradied water we can find in any supermarket? Sorry, i dont call that "pure".

posted on Nov, 25 2009 @ 05:52 AM
link   
If you want to drink good water try Pureau water, i buy it in a 10 litre cask for about $8-$9 so i don't have to worry about the issues with plastic bottles and it is the only water i can see on the shelf that has no added chloride, fluoride etc
website if anyone is interested www.noblebeverages.com...

I suffer from sinus and allergies also as Darkice19 mentioned.
I drink plenty of water everyday, but i have next to no salt. I will start consuming salt as mentioned and see how it goes.

posted on Nov, 25 2009 @ 06:06 AM
link   
This is not suprising to me at all, I'm a firm believer that pure water is an excellent healer.

It's easy to see why so much pollutants and poisons are deliberately added to our drinking water.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join