It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Who's the celebrity now?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 23 2009 @ 09:25 PM
link   
Let's hear it from the Republicans - about Palin's celebrity status:

Tom Rath, a Republican strategist who worked on Romney's presidential campaign, described it as a unique "celebrity" factor.

"She is one of these people that comes along every so often that for some reason captures the attention -- if not the imagination -- of the American public," he said, adding that there is a big difference between being famous and getting elected."

It does strike me as ironic that GOP used to bash Obama for allegedly being a celeb, now an apparently prominent figure of their own party is a hockey mom turned rock star. "The biggest celebrity of them all..."

posted on Nov, 23 2009 @ 09:36 PM
link   
reply to post by buddhasystem

Isn't it just awe inspiring to see Sarah Palin gain so much popularity. No wonder she is so famous. She is just like a conservative version of Obamas best traits.

posted on Nov, 23 2009 @ 09:38 PM
link   
What ever happened to Paris and Brittany?
I miss the fluff.

posted on Nov, 23 2009 @ 10:03 PM
link   
Palin is a hack at best... the reps and the dems are plain hacks at best.... What exactly are you insinuating other than partisan politics?

posted on Nov, 23 2009 @ 10:16 PM
link   
Obama and Palin have the celeb factor becuase they both fit their stereotypical niche in the political world. Obama is black and Palin is a woman. They both ran for president = famous

But the difference between the two is that Palin only pulls in the republican women and can rarely form coherent thoughts in her speeches.

posted on Nov, 24 2009 @ 07:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by tooo many pills
Obama and Palin have the celeb factor becuase they both fit their stereotypical niche in the political world. Obama is black and Palin is a woman. They both ran for president = famous

But the difference between the two is that Palin only pulls in the republican women and can rarely form coherent thoughts in her speeches.

Except we elected one President and like to laugh at the other one. The only thing she'll ever be a candidate for is the Jerry Springer Show.

posted on Nov, 24 2009 @ 08:03 AM
link   
Me personally cannot be bothered with this star rubbish, but the mob love it.

What exactly are madison ave projecting, i ask you?

What do you guys think madison ave, is doing to the average person, by projecting this stuff at them. Shame most people are just too busy or ignorant, not to take much notice of it, but the ptb have done a good job in the mob.

posted on Nov, 24 2009 @ 08:48 AM
link   

It strikes me as Business as Usual. Both sides are nauseatingly hypocritical. Whatever is ok for them is cause for alarm when the other side does it. Spin and more spin and the only thing that upsets me about it is the number of people who buy into it.

Political parties have been personality cults since almost forever. The packaging and delivery are slicker and more high tech now but nothing fundamental has really changed.

Actually, what has changed is the ideas are no longer nearly as important as the package. People's attention spans are way too short, or have way too much competition, to digest anything more meaningful than a 30 second sound bite.

We're getting what we demand/deserve in aggregate.

posted on Nov, 24 2009 @ 10:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by conspiracyrus
Palin is a hack at best... the reps and the dems are plain hacks at best.... What exactly are you insinuating other than partisan politics?

I am insinuating the following: it's quite rare that a candidate (former, in this case) is the exact thing that was attacked by their own party a few months ago. It's almost like one made a speech against racism, then quit governorship and went on to join KKK.

posted on Nov, 24 2009 @ 10:49 AM
link   

I am starting to view the ATS political boards as a comedy/satire site.

The ignorance has gone from frustrating to entertaining.

BTW...Palin never ran for President.

posted on Nov, 24 2009 @ 11:25 AM
link   

No one among the right will acknowledge the irony or inconsistency of Sarah Palin's "celebrity" after the years of rhetoric dismissing President Obama as a celebrity.

For God's sake Bhudda...If their was any capacity for introspection and self-reflection among the far right, the party would collapse into a quivering mass of self loathing.

Hypocracy is a cornerstone of their platform these days. Don't look for consistency, truth, or a self-regulating moral foundation amongst the far right these days. It's just not there.

An easy rule of thumb in determining the far rights true positions is to see what route of attack they take. A whole lot of projection going on among that crew.

The rhetoric about Race...claiming the POTUS got elected because he was black, that the POTUS is a racist, that he has a racist, reperations agenda, that he "hates white people"...on and on and then accuse the other side of constantly playing the race card

When the Democrats run Hillary Clinton...Enter Sarah palin...Obama? Michael Steele...

Espouse family values...then hit on your teenage page, have an affair and tell your staff you are off hiking, rail on about how Gay Marriage will destroy the institution...then try to get your man-love in an airport bathroom...Talk about fiscal conservatism when the last Republican as Potus grew government exponentially..

Hypocracy is a cornerstone of the party...if they started to actually be true to themselves and their espoused values they would collapse.

Their rhetoric is usually just an expression of their true views in reverse. Inner demons and projection. Hypocracy is neccessary for them to keep up the level of constant attack...and if not in attack mode then they are at the mercy of actual reflection and thought and that is just too painful for a party that has built their current platform on hypocracy.

[edit on 24-11-2009 by maybereal11]

[edit on 24-11-2009 by maybereal11]

posted on Nov, 24 2009 @ 12:26 PM
link   

Your saying only gop politicians do the exact same thing they denounced prior? If I'm not mistaken politicians are known for that no matter what side of the aisle they come from.

[edit on 24-11-2009 by conspiracyrus]

posted on Nov, 24 2009 @ 02:03 PM
link   
reply to post by conspiracyrus

Yes, politcians can be hypocritical...What distinguishes the GOP is that their entire platform and accompanying rhetoric is hypocritical.

posted on Nov, 24 2009 @ 02:30 PM
link   
The Democrats struck political gold with Obama the last election cycle. A unique, charismatic individual that exemplified the party's platform and yet seemed to be an outsider of Washington politics.

Sarah Palin is the exact same thing for Republicans, and they know the formula is a winning one, so they are pushing her celebrity factor in hopes of creating a good atmosphere for them in the future.

Welcome to the new world of American politics. Perez Hilton, TMZ, E!, etc. have made the American people salivate over celebrity. I bet my right arm that every winning candidate in the foreseeable future will be some form of charismatic "outsider" that is actually a person firmly ingrained in the two party system, but has had the benefit of being carefully crafted by some huge PR firm to make the people feel that they are electing someone different when in fact it is more of the same.

1994-2006 Saw the rise of the moral majority and grabbing power by way of legislating morality. Prepare for 2010 + to be the age of the Celebrity Candidate.

BTW, yes, this is pretty hypocritical. It reminds me a lot of the GOP electing Michael Steele to counter Obama and appeal to minorities. Totally contrived.

posted on Nov, 24 2009 @ 02:31 PM
link   
reply to post by maybereal11

The same could be said of dems... help the many on the backs of the many?

posted on Nov, 24 2009 @ 04:57 PM
link   
When you consider that Carrie Prejean is also now a Republican celebrity based only on her dim-witted but conservative response to a question in the Miss USA pageant, you see how the party has sunk to the level of using bimbos in a desperate attempt to regain popularity in the country.

Both Palin and Prejean prove the Republicans are counting on the fact that many Americans look no deeper for their politics than what's in their jeans. As Tina Fey so aptly put it, "Now I'm going to do some fancy pageant walkin.'"

posted on Nov, 24 2009 @ 05:05 PM
link   
Since Palin's target audience is uneducated fundamentalist white trash who do not know how to read, who are these people buying her book? Or maybe they're just buying it to look at the pictures.

posted on Nov, 24 2009 @ 07:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by maybereal11

I am starting to view the ATS political boards as a comedy/satire site.

The ignorance has gone from frustrating to entertaining.

BTW...Palin never ran for President.

NO f**king # but if mccain won and died who would be president?
running for vice-pres means you want to be the commander and chief of the u.s.

but I guess if you cant put 2 and 2 together you should never be able too.

Sometimes the only way to get your point or view across is through comedy, becuase that is something everybody understands. only if you can understand the joke.

posted on Nov, 24 2009 @ 08:31 PM
link   
Palin fever is racing thru the countryside, people are waking up to her message everyday.
People love her strong platform and her commitment to America!

In other news yes, the Obamasiah campaign has reached a new plateau of Hypoc

Worship of this woman has reached epic levels

posted on Nov, 24 2009 @ 09:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by SphinxMontreal
Since Palin's target audience is uneducated fundamentalist white trash who do not know how to read, who are these people buying her book? Or maybe they're just buying it to look at the pictures.

So, is it only hate speech if it's directed at a black person? How you respond to this:

"Since Obama's target audience is uneducated fundamentalist black trash who do not know how to read, who are these people buying his book? Or maybe they're just buying it to look at the pictures."

Why not stay on topic, as the democrat party did the same with Obama by making him into some kind of celebrity as well.

Personally, this whole situation just goes to show how low and corrupted both sides are. Why would anyone support losers as leaders?

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join