It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Antarctic temperatures between ice ages '6C warmer than today'

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 23 2009 @ 08:49 PM
link   

Temperatures in Antarctica during warm periods between ice ages soared to up to 6C warmer than the present day, a study has shown.

Until now temperatures during the warm periods between ice ages - known as interglacials - were thought to be only slightly warmer than those of the present day, British Antarctic Survey (BAS) scientists explained. But the findings, published this week in journal Nature, show brief spikes in temperature, which recur roughly every 100,000 years and last a few thousand years, seem to have been a lot warmer.
www.telegraph.co.uk...

why does the government insist on politicizing a natural occurrence?

[edit on 23-11-2009 by genius/idoit]

posted on Nov, 23 2009 @ 08:56 PM
link   
Reply to post by genius/idoit

It get's politicians elected.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Nov, 23 2009 @ 10:23 PM
link   
good find. I like it when al gore looks like a loser. He claims he was "a huge contributor" to the internet and furthermore he "discovered climate change"... attention grabber? most likely

posted on Nov, 24 2009 @ 12:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by conspiracyrus
good find. I like it when al gore looks like a loser. He claims he was "a huge contributor" to the internet and furthermore he "discovered climate change"... attention grabber? most likely

I could have swore at one point he said he "invented the internet".

posted on Nov, 24 2009 @ 12:22 PM
link   
reply to post by DaMod

lol actually i think your right , i believe later he clarified saying that he was a major contributor

posted on Nov, 24 2009 @ 10:39 PM
link   
Obviously the AGWers are ignoring this sort of data, like they ignore everything else that taints their AGW religion.

Shame that so many people are allowing their "feelings", which sorry to say are wrong, instead of using their heads to see what is really happening.

posted on Dec, 2 2009 @ 11:25 PM
link   
How can there be AGW if it happened before we were around?

posted on Dec, 3 2009 @ 02:15 AM
link   
reply to post by genius/idoit

In the same way that there were forest fires before humans were around. Does that mean all such fires today are natural? Or is it still possible some are started deliberately by humans? What do you think?

top topics

join