It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

More youngsters believed targeted in assaults on redheads

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 26 2009 @ 01:41 AM
link   

It seems to me that if these kids were beaten up simply because of the color of their hair it's just as much a hate crime as children being beaten up because they were black, Muslim, Jewish, etc. If all the victims were black, or Muslim the aggressors would be charged and charged with hate crimes as well.

This happened a week ago before the Calf. incident. Did anyone here,hear it mentioned on the MSM?

NAPLES — Ten North Naples Middle School students were suspended last week after district officials said they participated in “kick a Jew day.” District Spokesman Joe Landon said a student told the dean of students at dismissal on Thursday that she was kicked because it was “kick a Jew day.”

This is a link to the local news paper.

Kick a Jew day

posted on Nov, 26 2009 @ 02:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by fraterormus
in Ireland (which has the largest percentage of redheads in the world) it is still considered unlucky to even see a redhead, and superstition says that if you should see a redhead on the street, turn around and go straight home because your day has supposedly been cursed with bad luck.

LOL! That is hilarious!

Originally posted by fraterormus
Personally, I think redheads are hot.

I hear ya man... I hear ya!

IRM

posted on Nov, 26 2009 @ 10:05 AM
link   
I read these replies, and some of which are reassuring, But some just show me why the world I live in right now is in so much trouble.

Because I'm sure some of you are just going with what you were taught.

I was taught to treat everyone I meet the same way I would like to be treated. Until I develop a nack for Sadism thats not going to change.

Looks like we are only in for more of a Bumpy road.

I expect this type of thing to keep happening, specialy due to the Publicity involved now.

posted on Nov, 26 2009 @ 10:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by fraterormusJust like the Romans, the Ancient Egyptians loved their law more than Americans do, and stuck to it with rigidity even over long spans of time.

One word

"ODD"

posted on Jan, 4 2010 @ 09:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by badgerprints
This is the kind of thing that happens when we raise an entire generation of bored directionless sociopaths.

They hurt people for fun.

Agreed, however:

I prefer

"this is what happens when you allow an entire generation of lazy, ego centric, "holier than thou", yuppie idiots raise children with the attitude that "its not my fault, blame someone else"

posted on Jan, 4 2010 @ 10:12 PM
link   
I blame this on South Park actually. Remember the Ginger Kid episode?

Matt and Trey should be ASHAMED of themselves.

posted on Jan, 5 2010 @ 09:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by Donnie Darko

So, then we should blame the 25,000 - 30,000 fatalities by firearm that are assumed to have occured in 2008 (that is a rough number given by experts, the real number has not been released by the government as of yet..that i know of)

we should blame those deaths on DOOM

All of the child molestation cases should be blamed on Japanese Anime

We should blame Slavery on video games like Civilization II

And we can blame today's over medicated, hyper active, disrespectful, spoiled rotten children on the environment.

Because after all, we, as Americans, are never to blame.

The only people who should be ashamed (aside from the perpetrators of course) are people like you.

You choose to blame the ignorance and stupidity of human beings on something else other than human stupidity.

Someone died? Well, it wasn't the fault of the man with the gun, it was societies fault for not giving him 1,000,000 dollars like he wanted.

That type of mentality is, 100%, what is wrong with this country today.

Fess up, grow up, and accept some damned responsibility.

posted on Jan, 5 2010 @ 02:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Snarf

So, then we should blame the 25,000 - 30,000 fatalities by firearm that are assumed to have occured in 2008 (that is a rough number given by experts, the real number has not been released by the government as of yet..that i know of)

we should blame those deaths on DOOM

All of the child molestation cases should be blamed on Japanese Anime

We should blame Slavery on video games like Civilization II

And we can blame today's over medicated, hyper active, disrespectful, spoiled rotten children on the environment.

Because after all, we, as Americans, are never to blame.

The only people who should be ashamed (aside from the perpetrators of course) are people like you.

You choose to blame the ignorance and stupidity of human beings on something else other than human stupidity.

Someone died? Well, it wasn't the fault of the man with the gun, it was societies fault for not giving him 1,000,000 dollars like he wanted.

That type of mentality is, 100%, what is wrong with this country today.

Fess up, grow up, and accept some damned responsibility.

Normally I agree, but South Park basically invented the Ginger Kid prejudice. That's the difference.

posted on Jan, 5 2010 @ 04:15 PM
link   

Please re-watch the episode again as you did not get it.

A lot of South Park episodes should be taught in schools. The way in which Matt and Trey convey their social messages is comic genius.

posted on Jan, 5 2010 @ 04:20 PM
link   
Haha in SCHOOL?

posted on Jan, 5 2010 @ 05:00 PM
link   

Normally I agree, but South Park basically invented the Ginger Kid prejudice. That's the difference.

Go back and read this thread. There a plenty of examples of where the "Ginger kid" prejudice started, and it wasn't on south park.

Stop blaming the TV and start blaming those who are responsible for their kids.

posted on Jan, 5 2010 @ 11:27 PM
link   
reply to post by InSpiteOf

Of course the individual and/or their parents are ultimately responsible for his or her actions, no matter where they get the idea for a particular form of violence. And of course freedom of speech should be defended.

Still, the makers of the movie "Natural Born Killers" were sued for subsequent copy-cat murders, one of the very few instances in which such a lawsuit was brought successfully against the creators of an artistic work.

The message of the "South Park" episode was satire, of course. One is supposed to see the insane stupidity of "Kick a Ginger Day." But evidently the "joke" became an excuse for anti-social behavior among youngsters who are easily influenced by their peers.

Yes, the ultimate responsibility rests with the individual. But it wouldn't hurt the creators of artistic works to assume some responsibility for the results of their creations either.

posted on Jan, 6 2010 @ 10:53 AM
link   
reply to post by Sestias

To what end would artists assume responsibility for subsequent actions perpetrated by individuals?

It would only open the flood gates of lawsuits and affirmative defenses in criminal cases.

Criminals could blame, say, Law and Order, for a murder of sex crime they committed because they saw it on tv and it inspired them.

Its a slippery slope in my opinion.

posted on Jan, 6 2010 @ 11:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by trueset
My 12 yr. old son told me about this last week. Student's at his school were calling the redhead student's " Ginger's " I asked him why they were saying this and he said "because they are soulless ". I wonder where this is comming from ? Perhap's some online game ?

The idea is originating from a TV show, but the violence is coming from people like you who would rather pin the blame on video games than the miserable behavior of your own racist children.

posted on Jan, 6 2010 @ 11:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by InSpiteOf
reply to post by Sestias

To what end would artists assume responsibility for subsequent actions perpetrated by individuals?

Point taken.

But I said assume SOME responsibility for their creations, not all of it. THINK about what the effects might be.

For instance, I don't teach Sylvia Plath's novel about suicide to teenagers, knowing as I do that many have suicidal impulses and the book romanticizes them. I would teach it to more mature adults, though.

posted on Jan, 6 2010 @ 11:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Sestias

But you didn't write the novel did you? Your acting as an intermediary, making the decision to take responsibility for what you pass on to your audience.

Just to be clear, im not saying your doing anything wrong, i can easily understand where you are coming from and your motivation for your actions.

In your actions, you are assuming SOME of the responsibility, not the author.

posted on Jan, 6 2010 @ 11:52 PM
link   
I was bullied mercilessly because of my RED HAIR (not ginger.. Hate that term), and most of the guys who did the bullying were the same guys years later at a school reunion trying to get into my pants!!

How Very dare they!!!LOL

Now if they had kick a jew day i would be doubley screwed because i'm a readhead jew.....

*shake fist at the sky* Why L-rd, Why???!!! LOL

posted on Jan, 7 2010 @ 01:46 AM
link   
reply to post by Selahobed

Well, He gave you incredible good looks. He had to even things out somehow. :-p

I don't understand why the human race hates itself so much. Do people really want the entire world to be just like themselves? What would be the point? Some of these bigots should probably just go sit in front of a mirror for the rest of their lives and find things to agree with themselves about. I swear it's the only thing that will make some people happy.

posted on Jan, 7 2010 @ 02:57 AM
link   
reply to post by UmbraSumus

Gingers extinct in 100 years, say scientists

There is only one way to fix this..

All redheaded women between the ages of 18 and 35need to start coming by my place and well, "giggity"

posted on Jan, 8 2010 @ 10:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Donnie Darko

You're not even close to being correct. Like...embarrassingly so....

Southpark popularized it with the IDIOT masses of the United States...but just because you heard about it on a south park episode does not mean that this is when time began.

Throughout history, redheads have been feared and revered, loathed and adored, degraded and exalted. No other single human trait has provoked such a dichotomy of emotions in such a large number of fellow humans. It is as boiling is to freezing or despair is to hope. It is as hate is to love.

There are numerous literary references in history that refer to them as "Gingers".

A simple google search will produce you with ample results

the farthest back i can find any reference to "ginger" is a newspaper article from the year 1882

View it here

This is one of the main problems with this country and reminds me of a great quote from one of my favorite movies.

You tell someone you're a Metatron, they stare at you blankly. You mention something out of a Charlton Heston movie and suddenly everyone is a theology scholar!
- The Metatron from Dogma

The moral of the story is that you cannot watch TV and learn of worldly things. Do you research before you open your mouth - lest ye be thought as a fool

[edit on 8-1-2010 by Snarf]

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join